Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles49
    replied
    The good news is that the silly season is all but concluded here in Oz and normality returns to metropolitan racing. Well almost. The only exception is Brisbane where there is no metro meeting on Saturday.....closest racing is at the Gold Coast where they race every Saturday of the year. Lets hope that the return to normality heralds in some winners as these have been hard to find of late. Has been a lean period also for our family racing team with little action in the past month or so. Loburn Lass will be back shortly after a refresher and we also have Coastal Raider joining the ranks and it will have its first race at Gosford next Wednesday if it survives the ballot. It won a trial recently so should perform well. A long time mate of mine has Miss Antarctica running on Friday night at the Sunshine Coast in Race 3. Currently its 33/1 and he is keen on its chances as its drawn the pole.
    I'm enjoying watching the World Cup matches in Qatar at the moment with the exception of the team protests about issues that are non soccer matters. There is a time and place for everything and a World Cup stadium is where you go to see the best players and teams displaying their finest skills with the round ball. Interestingly teams that have protested issues, like Germany for example, have been very ordinary when it comes to results. Perhaps there is a message there!!
    Best racing in Oz this Saturday is at Ascot where the Group 1 WFA Winterbottom Stakes will be contested for $1.5m in prizemoney. May the punting gods be kind to you.

There will no tips for Next Saturdays meeting as the wife and I are off to Tasmania to sample some cold mountain air and hopefully a bit of their extraordinary fine Scotch. All going well it will be business as usual on the following Saturday.

CAULFIELD: Track Good (4)
    R3 no 7 Jigsaw Won $4.60
    R4 no 3 Naiconi 2nd is the late mail
    R5 no 8 Norwegian Bliss 2nd
    R7 no 9 Luncies 2nd
    R8 no 13 See You In Heaven Won $4.80
    R9 no 2 Belle Plasir is the late mail

ROSEHILL: Track Good (4)
    R6 no 1 Dream Runner 2nd
    R7 no 14 Steely
    R8 no 1 Sunshine Rising 4th
    R9 no 6 Najmaty

GOLD COAST: Track Good (4)
    R2 no 5 Mighty Won $2.15
    R3 no 3 Drive a Deel
    R6 no 9 Liza With a Zee 3rd

ASCOT: Track Soft (6)
    R1 no 7 Revitup Won $2.90
    R2 no 11 Rumour Says
    R3 no 1 Talk it Up
    R4 no 11 The Velvet Queen Won $5
    R5 no 1 Oly"s Choice
    R6 no 2 Saintorio Won $3.40
    R7 no 14 Pure Devotion
    R9 no 8 Billy Ray 3rd

LAY BETS:
    Caul R1 no 10 Remedies Ran unplaced. Lay Bet Won
    Ascot R8 no 1 Rothfire Ran unplaced. Lay Bet Won

LATE LATE MAIL:
    MR8 no 2 Sandpaper e/w @ $16
    MR9 no 5 Mac 'n' Cheese e/w @ $10
    SR9 no 9 Surreal Step e/w @ $67

BEST BETS:
    GC. R2 no 5 Mighty Won $2.15
    ASC R7 no 14 Pure Devotion

Cheers'n'Beers
    Last edited by Charles49; 28 November 2022, 11:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Charles49
    replied
    I really do hate it when city racing goes to the bush which occurred last Saturday. Why? Well simply because my past records show that I invariably lose. I blame the fact that all of the good horses have spent their all in trying to acquire their share of the big pots of money that exist as part of Spring Racing and once the curtain comes down on the Carnival all we are left with are the wannabees that couldn't make the grade. And yes there was just winner out of the eight selections for Newcastle and Cranbourne last Saturday and that was just short of 2/1. So time to dust off the history lesson here and concentrate on finding some winners for this Saturdays program, despite the fact that history is against us and we have to contend with another day of bush racing.
    Lets hope for a speedy return to city racing so our results improve. .
    News this morning here is that Qatar has banned the sale of alcohol at the stadiums that are hosting FIFA games. Qatar is an alcohol free country although you can buy alcohol there under a permit system if you are a non resident. Its a fascinating country but I'm not sure the owners of Budweiser will be happy with the decision as they are a long standing sponsor of beer to FIFA games which I think they pay around US $75 million for the exclusive rights. Qatar's temperature at this stage of the year is around 30C to 33C so a nice coldie would go down well. Bud Zero anyone? Despite this I have high hopes the World Cup will be a resounding success because Qatar does produce some outstanding achievements when it comes to design and construction and they are very efficient and effective in any project or event that they do.
    Here are todays selections....do bet with care as the form is suspect due to the non metropolitan courses, with the exception of Ascot, where they do have at least 2 Group races and a normal program.

BALLARAT: Track Soft(7)
    R1 no 6 Hypothetical Won $2.30
    R2 no 2 El Padrino...no 3 Deekay is the late mail
    R5 no 17 Our Redente Won $8.65
    R7 no 1 Direct Won $5.50
    R8 no 3 Artisu 2nd
    R9 no 5 Nicolini Vito 4th
    R10 no 1 Detonator Jack 2nd

KEMBLA GRANGE: Track Good (4)
    R1 no 6 Lady Kah
    R3 no 10 Just A Jedi
    R6 no 14 Able Willie
    R8 no 9 Sky Lab

SUNSHINE COAST:
    Track Good(4)
    R1 no 5 On The Amazon
    R2 no 9 Hillcrest Avenue
    R3 no 2 Soothsayer Won $2.55
    R4 no 2 Jackalberry Finn
    R5 no 6 Golden Boom Won
    R6 no 9 Logan Street Lion 4th
    R7 no 9 Je Suis Belle 3rd

ASCOT: Track Good(4)
    R1 no 4 I'm On
    R2 no 4 Zadar Rock
    R3 no 7 Lexington City
    R4 no 5 Alsephina Won $3.20
    R5 no 13 Baby Paris. 2nd...no 5 Sniparoochy Won $2.50 is the late mail
    R6 no 7 Devoted
    R7 no 15 Amelia's Jewel Won $2.20
    R8 no 10 Karli's Karma...no 7 Alaskan God is the late mail
    R9 no 7 Crescent City 4th

LAY BETS:
    ASCOT R7 no 6 Bustler Ran 2nd. Lay Bet Won
    BALL R9 no 15 Do Ya Punk Started Fav. Ran 2nd. Lay Bet Won

LATE LATE MAIL:
    BALL R1 no 11 Defining @ $5.50 e/w 3rd
    BALL R10 no 14 Night Passage e/w @$20 Late Scr
    KG R 7 no 11 A Very Fine Red e/w @ $6

BEST BETS:
    ASCOT R7 no 15 Amelia's Jewel Won $2.20
    BALL R10 no 1 Detonator Jack 2nd (should blow them away!)

Cheers 'n' Beers
    Last edited by Charles49; 23 November 2022, 08:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Charles49
    replied
    It feels like the aftermath of a hangover here after the Melbourne Cup heralded the end of the Spring Racing Carnival. But its onward and upward even though the release of the fields for Saturday are unusually slow at this point in time so perhaps the hangover is an ongoing reality. And now that they are out we have racing in Victoria and New South Wales off to the bush. Well Cranbourne is not really in the bush but it is 43klm south east of Melbourne's CBD and Newcastle is 159klm from Sydney. Bet with caution at these venues as Cranbourne is a tricky track and city form doesn't always easily translate when you float your horses into new environments. Newcastle is an excellent course, very wide and roomy however the form here doesn't always favour favorites.
    Venues for Saturday's racing are now up as they have been revealed, and this will be followed by the early selections on Friday. Normally at this time of the year I'm swimming laps and just generally mucking around in the pool. However this year the water temperature has dropped to just 21deg Celsius compared to the normal, which is around 26deg. That's about a 25% decrease so we are living in strange times. The good news is the weather forecast is for good, warm and maybe even some hot days ahead. Bet our lot don't mention that at the COP's Conference in Egypt!!.

CRANBOURNE: Track Good(4)
    R1 no 4 Roussilon 4th
    R2 no 2 Dunkel 2nd
    R3 no 3 Kissinger Won $2.90
    R4 no 4 Greece 2nd
    R5 no 5 She's All Class
    R9 no 2 Arran Bay

NEWCASTLE:Track Good(4)
    R3 no 2 Short Shorts 4th
    R7 no 6 Kazalark 2nd

DOOMBEN: Track Soft (5)
    R1 no 2 Abounding 3rd
    R2 no 3 Otyrar Won
    R3 no 6 Zingalong 3rd
    R5 no 4 Drive A Deel Won

ASCOT: Track Good(4)

R1 no 11 Sweet Tea 4th
    R2 no 5 Stellar Vista
    R3 no 1 Oly's Choice
    R4 no 2 It's Sarayday 4th
    R5 no 5 Buster Bash Won $3.40
    R6 no 1 Laced Up Heels 2nd
    R7 no 1 Elite Street 4th
    R8 no 9 All Show
    R9 no 10 Devoted 3rd

LAY BETS:
    CRAN R6 no 7 Brayden Star Won $3.60. Lay Bet Lost
    NEW R7 no 3 Saveadateforme Ran unplaced. Lay Bet Won

LATE LATE MAIL:
    NEW R8 no 17 Brutality e/w @ $20
    NEW R9 no 6 Super Strike e/w @$34 4th
    CRAN R8 no 4 He's A Balter e/w @ $20

BEST BETS:
    BR1 no 2 Abounding 3rd
    BR2 no 3 Otyrar Won

Cheers 'n' Beers
    Last edited by Charles49; 12 November 2022, 10:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Charles49
    replied
    Well the Melbourne Cup, Australia's longest running Cup race has been won and run. Congratulations to anyone who backed Gold Trip at the lovely price of $22. Our Melbourne Cup advice above managed to pick the first four from two tipsters pick of four chances each. Its a hard race to get a positive result in so to pick the winner two years in a row is nice. But that's history now so lets concentrate on finding you a winner or two from Saturdays racing. One of the best races on Saturday's card is the Darley Champions Sprint worth a cool $3m AUD in prizemoney. The old champion is Nature Strip (considered by many to be one of the world's best sprinters) is pitched against up and coming champs in the form of Giga Kick and Bella Nipotina. Should be a great race to watch.
    Here are the venues, which will be followed by the early selections, then the late mail, and finally the Late Late Mail will go up and then shortly after that the IN PLAY sign and we are off and running.

FLEMINGTON: Track Soft (5)
    R3 no 3 Angry Skies
    R4 no 11 Soulcombe Won $3.60
    R5 no 4 Atishu Won $3.10
    R6 no 1 Nature Strip 2nd
    R7 no 2 Private Eye
    R8 no 7 Anamoe 4th
    R9 no 6 Taunting

ROSEHILL: Track Good (4)
    R2 no 8 Brazen Impact
    R4 no 7 Naval Seal
    R6 no 1 Barber.. Won $7..no 12 Infatuation 2nd is the late mail each way
    R7 no 1 Electric Girl 4th
    R9 no 4 I Am Me Won $2.20

DOOMBEN: Track Soft (6)
    R2 no 3 Hatchet 2nd
    R4 no 6 Clairvue Molly 3rd
    R5 no 2 Applications
    R6 no 9 Rations 3rd
    R7 no 8 Turn On The Charm
    R8 no 4 Be Water My Friend
    R9 no 4 Ulysses 3rd

ASCOT: Track Good (4)
    R1 no 1 Brave Halo Won
    R2 no 2 Prawns Eleven 2nd
    R3 no 3 Tri For Us 3rd
    R4 no 8 Kosta's Crown 3rd
    R5 no 1 Snowdome 4th
    R6 no 4 Henchard....no 11 Lord Gannicus is the late mail
    R7 no 12 Above The Peg.....no 14 Swear to God is the late mail
    R8 no 8 God Has Chosen....no 5 Resortman 3rd is the late mail
    R9 no 16 Zephyra

LAY BETS:
    MR2 no 8 Aesop Started $3.10 Fav. Ran unplaced. Lay Bet Won
    MR5 no 8 Dynasties Ran unplaced. Lay Bet Won

LATE LATE MAIL:
    MR7 no 8 Tuvalu e/w @$10 2nd
    SR7 no 11 More Secrets e/w @ $41 3rd

BEST BETS:
    MR6 no 1 Nature Strip 2nd
    Mr8 no 7 Anamoe 4th

Cheers'n'Beers
    Last edited by Charles49; 5 November 2022, 11:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Charles49
    replied
    Well it's that time of the racing calendar in Oz where the race that stops a nation takes center stage. The time honoured Melbourne Cup run over a distance of 3200m is a grueling affair for horse, jockey, and punters alike. It truly is the race here that stops a nation and brings out the once a year punters and tens of thousands of office sweeps right across the nation. Its not a public holiday outside of Victoria however good luck trying to find a public servant or office worker at their normal desk...they would have gone to long lunch and wont be back on deck until the following day when the sun has risen and the headaches from the day before have subsided. The field has a capacity of 24 runners and the favourite this year is the international visitor Deauville Legend which I'm sure many on here would know a lot about and its performance deeds to date. The race has been run on the first Tuesday of November since 1861.
    Prizemoney this year is AUD $7,750,000 and the most winning barrier to date has been barrier 5.
    For those who like a punt on the other races on the card I will shortly post the early selections, followed by the updates on raceday. I have also included tips from Horse Racing Australia (Garry Robinson) who have a sound record of finding Cup winners at good prices over a number of years. Weather at the track is overcast.
    She who must be obeyed has Strawberry Lady going around at Grafton Race 5 on Wednesday. This is its first start and expectations are not high as she is a very flighty and nervous type and therefore this is a suck it and see race. On the plus side she has drawn well in barrier 6 and has top jockey Matty McGuren on top.
    Good luck with your Cup Day investments.
    UPDATE: The eastern Australian seaboard is experiencing heavy rainfalls. The Weather Bureau predicts 95% chance of rain at Flemington Racecourse this afternoon. Expectations are that favourite Deauville Legend will go out in the market and those with good wet form like Montefilia will shorten.

MELBOURNE CUP SELECTIONS: (Charles49)............................. MELBOURNE CUP SELECTIONS (Horse Racing Australia)

1. Deauville Legend....4th...................................... .... .......................... 1. Montefilia
    2. Without A Fight............................................. .... .................................2. Emissary 2nd
    3. Gold Trip ........Won $22.......................................... ...........................3. High Emocean 3rd
    4. Montefilia .................................................. .... ....................................4.. Stockman

First Four Numbers were 1,17,22 & 8 i.e Gold Trip, Emissary, High Emocean & Deauville Legend (which were picked above in 7 separate selections). If you had boxed these as a First Four bet then you would have collected the first four divvy which paid $102,785.00. The boxed trifecta paid $16,494.00.

FLEMINGTON: Track Soft(7)
    R1 no 1 Zulfigar
    R2 no 7 White Marlin Won $2.70
    R3 no 3 Criminal Code.....No 10 The Cunning Fox is the late mail
    R4 no 12 Quang Tri
    R5 no 16 Xtravagant Star
    R6 no 4 Noname Lane
    R7 no 8 Deauville Legend. 4th...no 4 Montefilia is the late mail
    R8 no 13 Detonator Jack Won $8...no 12 Night Passage is the late mail
    R9 no 5 Heresy
    R10 no 11 Zeuthus

MELB CUP SPECULATIONS: (For those who like Hail Mary bets!!)

No 14 Daqiansweet Junior @ $34
    No 17 Emissary @ $35 Ran 2nd
    Last edited by Charles49; 1 November 2022, 09:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Charles49
    replied
    Last Saturday night I went to a Science Event named Horizons presented by Professor Brian Cox who hails I think from Manchester. It was a slick performance from a guy who obviously knows his planets. I was surprised to learn however that most of the equations used these days in respect of outer space originate from Einstein's Theory of Relativity...the old E=mc2 theory. His theory originated around a century ago so that is some legacy. Now if only we could find a simple equation to consistently find those elusive winners. Surely there is a modern day Einstein out there who can write such a formulae for us punters!!. Personally I love this stuff and I do use a simple formulae to obtain the early selections, which as you can see by the results of Oct 13ths post do work,..... at least some of the time.!!
    Very unseasonal weather here at present with temperatures well below the norm and rainfall well above the October average. This has meant heavy tracks and odd results. We have the main racing event of the year coming up, which is the Melbourne Cup, held ever year on the first Tuesday of November and its been that way since the 7th November 1861 when Archer won the first Melb Cup. Hopefully the Australian summer will return as the race always has international representatives including UK horses. I'll update the list of UK horses that are running in the Cup as soon as acceptances are finalised. Field size is 24 runners. Its known here as the race that stops a nation. That's because the majority of workers tend to leave work early in the day to watch the race, bet on the outcome, and party on thereafter!.
    Here are Saturday's early selections. Updates and late mail will follow am on Saturday. Good luck on the punt.!

Following Saturdays racing I will post tips here for the Melbourne Cup together with the Flemington and Royal Randwick Race programs which will be run on Tuesday. Currently the international representatives continue to dominate the betting despite the fact none of these have raced yet in Australia. I refer to Deauville Legend, Without A Fight, and Hoo Ya Mal.

FLEMINGTON: Track Soft (7)
    R1 no 1 Tijuana...No 12 Pungo is the late mail
    R4 no 1 Jenny Jerome
    R5 no 7 Turaath
    R6 no 1 Jacquinot......no 15 In Secret Won $3.50 is the late mail
    R7 no 2 Berkeley Square
    R8 no 14 La Crique 4th
    R9 no 2 Asfoora

ROSEHILL: Track Soft (6)
    R3 no 4 Waterford Won $2
    R10 no 5 Democracy Manifest

EAGLE FARM: Track Good (4)
    R3 no 6 Deep Rouge 3rd
    R5 no 9 Ang Pow Won $2.25
    R6 no 1 Yellow Brick Won $3.05
    R7 no 4 Chinny Boom Won
    R10 no 2 Couldn't Refuse

R1 no 4 Lexington City 4th
    R2 no 2 Oly's Choice Won $2.80
    R3 no 2 Baby Paris Won $2.80
    R4 no 10 Vitalize 4th
    R5 no 6 Strike Now
    R6 no 8 Sniparoochy Won $3.25
    R7 no 11 Miss Conteki Won $3.90
    R8 no 16 Trix of the Trade 3rd
    R9 no 7 Probity

LAY BETS:
    EF Race 1 no 1 Mishani Renegade Won. $1.80 . Lay Bet Lost
    SR Race 5 no 9 Mars Mission Won $4.20 Lay Bet Lost
    SR Race 7 no 7 Lost and Running Started $2.40 Fav. Ran unplaced. Lay bet Won

LATE LATE MAIL:
    MR3 no 8 Triple Missile 2nd
    MR7 no 4 Mr Maestro 4th

BEST BETS:
    MR7 no 2 Berkeley Square
    MR8 no 14 La Crique 4th

Cheers 'n' Beers
    Last edited by Charles49; 29 October 2022, 10:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Charles49
    replied
    There is something about a picnic race meeting. They are always a bit of fun because its a once a year event for the locals and probably about the only place in Oz where you will still be able to find a bookie who has not upgraded from the days of pencils and hand ledgers. Yes its a seven hour round trip by car however its a must attend event for the wife and I as we just love the country and Australian bush.
    Perhaps I should venture off more often because despite the selections for last week being limited to just the early selections the results were quite acceptable with 8 wins, and 7 placed out of a total of 20 picks. A one dollar bet on all selections for the win would have returned $32.20.
    Watched an excellent movie "Dream Horse". Its a true story about a horse named Dream Alliance in Wales. Its on Netflix and well worth watching.
    Weather here has been exceptionally cold and wet. Normally we enjoy sunny days around 27deg Celsius however its drizzling and the max yesterday was just 23deg. Very unlike the norm for our Sunshine State!! Many are blaming some Spanish dude by the name of "El Nino" for the unseasonal rains, floods and low temperatures!! Expected temps for Saturday races below are not expected to be north of 20deg Celsius so that's well short of the norm.
    Wife has Loborn Lass running around at Townsville on Saturday in Race 4 and Strawberry Lady at Grafton next Tuesday. The Lass is her best chance as Strawberry is unraced and this will be a suck it and see event. Loburn has drawn poorly in barrier 10, however she is back to 1300m which is her best distance, so if she can stride to the front she is in with a chance. I'm expecting her odds will be around the $10 mark.
    Here are the early selections for Saturday which will be updated as Saturday race time approaches. Big race on Saturday is the time honoured Cox Plate. The race will be run and won at Moonee Valley in race 9. Prizemoney is huge with total Prizemoney for the race, an eye watering AUD $5m.

MOONEE VALLEY: Track Good (4)
    R1 no 1 Arkansaw Kid Won $2.90
    R2 no 3 Esta La Roca 2nd
    R3 no 9 Great Barrier Reef.....late mail is no 6 Shalailed 3rd
    R5 no 2 Do It La 3rd
    R6 no 6 Gentlemen Roy
    R7 no 1 Berkeley Square Won $3
    R8 no 5 Lunar Flare 2nd
    R9 no 10 Anamoe Won $2.70
    R10 no 6 Roots 2nd

RANDWICK: Track Soft (7)
    R1 no 1 Barber Won $4.80
    R6 no 2 Kote Won $4.40
    R7 no 1 Golden Mile Won $2.60
    R8 no 1 Eliptical 2nd
    R9 no 3 Icebath
    R10 no 14 Bella Rouge

DOOMBEN: Track Soft (7)
    R1 no 2 Miss Coota Won
    R3 no 2 Northern Express 3rd
    R4 no 7 Self Indulgent 2nd
    R5 no 8 Fetch
    R7 no 1 Tappy's One 3rd
    R8 no 4 Proper Rouge Won $2.15
    R10 no 15 Drive A Deel Won $2.60

R1 no 1 Brave Halo Won
    R2 no 3 Sneaky Chance
    R3 no 2 Henchard 4th
    R4 no 5 Blackwater Bay 4th
    R5 no 5 Never Sober 4th
    R6 no 9 Above The Peg 2nd
    R7 no 2 Amelia's Jewel Won $2.40
    R8 no 3 Trade War
    R9 no 5 Billy Ray

LAY BETS:
    SR4 no 8 Mahagoni Won Lay Bet Lost

LATE LATE MAIL:
    SR7 no 6 Burgunder e/w @ $20
    SR9 no 10 Espona e/w @ $7
    MR9 no 2 I'm Thunderstruck e/w @ $13 2nd

BEST BETS:
    ASCOT R7 no 2 Amelia's Jewel Won $2.40
    MV Race 9 no 10 Anamoe Won $2.70

Cheers'n'Beers
    Last edited by Charles49; 22 October 2022, 10:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Charles49
    replied
    Not much to cheer about last week although there was a winner @ $11 and another @ $9 so it wasn't the worst day on record!.
    No tips this weekend (just the early ones) as I'm off to the country for one of those once in a year picnic race meetings. Results will be posted on Sunday.
    I do enjoy the serenity and the fresh country air so all things being equal, normal service will resume again on the following weekend.
    Just hope the unseasonal rain that's around at the moment hangs off otherwise it will be umbrella and raincoat time which is never as much fun as
    a good ole sunny day.
    I see the Forum Fairy has been active again and has waved the magic wand and given me ten bars. Thank you FF, much appreciated.!

CAULFIELD: Track Heavy (10)
    R3 no1 Mr Maestro Won $2

RANDWICK: Track Heavy (8)
    R3 no 1 Cascadian Won $2
    R7 no 1 Nature Strip
    R8 no 1 Mr Mozart 2nd
    R9 no 1 Ellsberg Won $3.30

R1 no 7 She's A Rogue 3rd
    R2 no 4 Smytzer
    R4 no 2 Oytrar 2nd
    R5 no 2 Boom Court 2nd
    R7 no 7 Amore Veloce 3rd
    R9 no 7 Mass Destruction

R1 no 3 All The King's Men Won $2.20
    R2 no 2 Ain't No other Man 3rd
    R3 no 1 Buster Bash Won $4.30
    R4 no 5 Lexington City 2nd
    R5 no 1 Powerful
    R6 no 13 Acefire
    R7 no 10 Miss Contiki Won $4.40
    R8 no 5 Resortman Won $5.70
    R9 no 1 Trix Of The Trade Won $8.30
    Last edited by Charles49; 16 October 2022, 02:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Charles49
    replied
    Was destined to be one of those ordinary days last Saturday until the very last race of the day at Kalgoorlie. The once a year major race program in the gold mining town had ordinary results until the lucky last came up ..and we struck gold with Powerful winning at $18. Otherwise there was very little to cheer about on the day as unusual weather patterns play havoc along our coastlines. Huge storms are heading our way in the next few days so its batten down the hatches and stay indoors until the storms head off out to sea.
    Wife has Loburn Lass running at Townsville on Thursday so weather permitting it will contest a 1200m race and its drawn well in barrier 2 so should give them something to chase. No market out as I write but I expect it will be around $8 so each way for me. (Ran 5th so no joy here!)
    Fields for Saturday will be posted shortly. Updates and selections will occur as we get closer to start time.
    Heavy rain is predicted for Randwick tomorrow. I will update before they start but suggest caution with your betting on Randwick on Saturday.

CAULFIELD: Track Soft (6)
    R1 no 3 Knight's Gambit Won $3.15
    R2 no 2 Old Flame
    R3 no 5 English Riviera.. Won $9..no 3 Nanagui is the late mail
    R4 no 14 Zethius 3rd
    R6 no 1 Paulele Won $2.50
    R7 no 7 Anamoe.. Won $2.35..dangers are no 3 Alligator Blood and No 2 I'm Thunderstruck 2nd.
    R8 no 2 Berkeley Square...no 3 Golden Mile Won $3.25 is the late mail
    R9 no 5 I Wish I Win
    R10 no 3 Zapateo 4th

RANDWICK: Track Heavy (10)
    R4 no 1 Best of Bordeaux Won $3.70
    R5 no 1 Promise of Success...no 2 Expat is the late mail
    R7 no 3 Williamsburg Abandoned
    R8 no 3 Startantes e/w Abandoned

R1 no 3 Arabian Fox
    R2 no 9 Sunday Mail
    R3 no 1 Jetty
    R8 no 1 Hasabro
    R9 no 1 Le Palmier Won $11
    R10 no 2 Zuma California Won $4.70

ASCOT:
    Track Good (4)
    R1 no 1 A Lot Of Good Men 3rd
    R2 no 2 Axel "R" Eight
    R3 no 2 Ginger Baker 4th
    R4 no 1 Castillo Del Lago Scratched
    R5 no 1 Trade War 3rd
    R6 no 13 Vampi at Play 2nd
    R7 no 2 Mood Swings 2nd
    R8 no 4 Karli's Karma Won $7.50
    R9 no 6 All Show
    R10 no 4 Buster Bash 3rd

LAY BETS:
    MR5 no 12 Saracen Knight Won $4.60. Lay Bet Lost
    MR8 no 3 Golden Mile Won $3.25 Lay Bet Lost

LATE LATE MAIL:
    SR1 no 18 Danzadel e/w @ 30/1
    SR2 no 9 Either Oar e/w @ $12 3rd
    SR6 no 4 Burgunder e/w

BEST BETS:
    MR7 no 7 Anamoe Won $2.35
    MR8 no 3 Golden Mile Won $3.25

Cheers'n' Beers
    Last edited by Charles49; 8 October 2022, 11:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Charles49
    replied
    Very strange weather happening around here of late with storms predicted for the next ten days. Normally we are basking in sunshine. We are known here in Queensland as The Sunshine State so its not the norm for us to be searching through our cupboards seeking things like umbrellas and raincoats. But racing will still proceed in most areas so lets get on with the business of finding winners.
    Belmont racing has been rested to allow the well known mining town of Kalgoorlie to strut its stuff on center stage. Is still a bit like the Wild West out there these days so bet with caution.
    Hope your day is a good one.

FLEMINGTON: Track Soft (5)
    R1 no 10 Charm Stone 3rd
    R2 no 9 The Garden 3rd
    R3 no 1 She's Lickity Split Won $3.40
    R4 no 1 Yearning
    R5 no 3 Giga Kick Won $2.15
    R6 no 10 Interpretation.. 3rd.no 4 Dagiansweet Junior is the late mail
    R7 no 2 Duais
    R8 no 6 Roch'n'Horse 2nd
    R9 no 4 Artzino

RANDWICK: Track Soft (7)
    R1 no 7 Physical Graffiti 3rd
    R2 no 7 Perfect Proposal 2nd
    R4 no 8 Montfelia 3rd
    R5 no 2 Flag of Honour....no 4 Communist 2ndis a strong late mail tip
    R6 no 1 Fireburn
    R7 no 1 Lost and Running Won $2.40
    R8 no 5 Icebath.....no 6 Fangirl is the late mail tip
    R9 no 7 Durston

R2 no 2 Otyrar Won $3.20
    R3 no 1 Plundering
    R4 no 7 Montaffy
    R5 no 1 Weona Smartone 3rd
    R6 no 8 Flaming Conquest Won $2.60
    R8 no 8 Mob Buster
    R9 no 13 Birriecart 3rd

KALGOORLIE: Track Good (4)
    R1 no 5 Starchienne 2nd
    R2 no 1 Henchard
    R3 no 3 Shoot Ur Shot
    R4 no 3 There's A Chance
    R5 no 1 Prize Pursuit Won $2
    R6 no 2 Excellent Dream 3rd
    R7 no 6 Pixie Chix 2nd
    R8 no 4 No Apology 2nd
    R9 no 1 Powerful Won $18.

LAY BETS:
    SR 7 no 1 Lost and Running Won. Lay bet Lost
    MR7 no 12 Gold Trip Started Fav. Ran unplaced. Lay Bet Won

LATE LATE MAIL:
    MR4 no 2 Silent Sovereign e/w @ $40
    MR9 no 1 Mr Maestro Won $4.80

BEST BETS:
    EF R5 no 1 Weona Smartone 3rd

Cheers n Beers
    Last edited by Charles49; 8 October 2022, 08:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Charles49
    replied
    .......................................... .................................................. .............................................
    Last edited by Charles49; 8 October 2022, 08:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Charles49
    replied
    Persistent showery rain is falling here today (Thursday). It rarely rains in September here and yet its forecast to rain all day. Its also the National Day of Mourning Public Holiday here today so fittingly the rain here in Queensland is a tribute to the passing of a much loved Queen.
    The silly season has arrived and we know that because racing in some areas is banished to the bush so that folk out there can experience the feel of what the best in racing has to offer. Toowoomba has the time honoured Weetwood race which is very popular amongst city trainers who like their horses and staff to inhale some of that refreshingly cool mountain air instead of city smog. Down in Victoria racing has been sent to the seaside town of Morningside so city trainers and their horses can tread softly on sandy beaches.

Here are the early fields for Saturdays racing here in Oz. Updates will occur tomorrow and early Saturday morning and then once the INPLAY sign goes up then we are off and running. The forecast is for more rain right along the east coast of Australia so please bet with care.

ROSEHILL: Track Soft (5)
    R1 no 4 Airliner
    R2 no 15 Kote
    R3 no 11 Hameron..3rd..no 6 Wicklow 4th is the late mail chance
    R4 no 1 Cadre De Noir 2nd
    R7 no 8 Espiona.........no 2 Startantes is given a good chance here
    R8 no 16 In Secret 2nd

MORNINGTON: Track Soft (7)
    R1 no 2 Wee Nessy Won
    R2 no 2 Defiant Diva 3rd
    R3 no 2 Holster Won $3.10
    R5 no 6 Tobaysure 2nd
    R7 no 9 King Of the Castle

TOOWOOMBA: Track Soft (5)
    R1 no 9 Self Indulgent Won
    R2 no 5 Uncle Russ
    R4 no 8 Madame Odette 3rd
    R5 no 1 Dont Stop 2nd
    R8 no 4 Garibaldi 3rd

BELMONT: Track Soft (5)
    R1 no 2 Ain't No Other Man 2nd
    R2 no 1 Saintorio 3rd
    R3 no 1 Swear to God 2nd
    R4 no 1 Ghost Who Walks 2nd
    R5 no 2 Crescent City 2nd
    R6 no 10 All the King's Men Won $4
    R7 no 5 It'Saraday
    R8 no 9 Western Knight Won $2.75
    R9 no 4 Savage One

LAY BETS:
    SR9 no 2 Ellsberg Ran 3rd. Lay Bet Won

LATE LATE MAIL:
    SR2 no 14 Either Or e/w
    SR7 no 2 Startantes e/w
    SR8 no 3 Jacquinot e/w Won $8

BEST BETS:
    Toowoomba R8 no 4 Garibaldi 3rd
    Rosehill R8 no 16 In Secret 2nd

Cheers'n'Beers
    Last edited by Charles49; 24 September 2022, 10:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Charles49
    replied
    News here is dominated by the events surrounding the passing of Queen Elizabeth. And rightly so imho. There are a large number of dignitaries heading over from Australia to England to pay their respects including our Prime Minister Anthony Albanese and the Queens horse trainer in Chris Waller.
    Interesting statistic I read this week that stated that 1 in 250 Australians are racehorse owners. Of course that could be somewhat misleading as you can be classed as a owner here even if your investment is just 1%. Still its nice to know that so many do take an active interesting in ownership.
    Last week saw a $15 winner and also a $11 winner so happy days when winners at double figure odds salute. Do have a runner at Townsville on Thursday this week in the shape of Coolmeans (Ran Unplaced) who is topweight in the 9th race. He's usually a consistent performer, despite the fact that the distance is a shade on the short side. Here are the venues for this Saturdays racing here in OZ.

CAULFIELD: Track Soft (5)
    R2 no 6 Xtravagent Star
    R5 no 1 She's Lickity Split
    3rd
    R8 no 4 Chain of Lightning 3rd

RANDWICK: Track Soft (5)
    R2 no 6 Mahagoni Won $2.80
    R5 no 1 Top Ranked Won $6.50
    R6 no 5 Zougotcha Won $2.20
    R7 no 3 Anamoe... Won .no 8 Icebath is an each way chance @ $20 Ran 2nd.
    R8 no 2 Eduardo 4th

GOLD COAST:
    Track Good (4)
    R1 no 1 Yiska
    R2 no 1 Za Ceibas 2nd
    R4 no 2 Far Too Easy Won $3
    R5 no 8 Global Citizen
    R6 no 8 Zuma California Won $2.70
    R8 no 7 Matowatakpe 4th

BELMONT: Track Soft (7)
    R1 no 2 Saloon Bar 2nd
    R2 no 4 Cywer
    R3 no 7 Ain't No Other Man
    R4 no 3 State of Power Won $2.40
    R5 no 7 Cheerful Moment
    R6 no 7 Real Grace. 3rd..no 5 Alsephina Won $3 is the late mail
    R7 no 6 Tiger Move
    R8 no 4 Star Trade
    R9 no 3 Billy Ray

LAY BETS:
    MR4 no 2 Aft Cabin Won . Lay Bet Lost

LATE LATE MAIL:
    MR6 no 7 Daqiansweet Junior e/w @ $30
    SR1 no 5 Proverbial e/w $16
    SR10 no 8 Battleton e/w $10

BEST BETS:
    SR7 no 3 Anamoe Won

Cheers'n'Beers
    Last edited by Charles49; 8 October 2022, 08:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Charles49
    replied
    Every so often something odd pops up in my inbox and I haven't the faintest idea what it means. So welcome any explanations please!!.

???????????????????

Spring Carnival Racing takes center stage this Saturday with the running of some time honoured serious races with mouth watering prizemoney on offer. The Group One Maykbe Diva Stakes is the highlight. Maykbe Diva won three Melbourne Cups and also a Cox Plate so she is right up there with the best. Her prizemoney totalled $14,526,690 and only one horse here (namely Winx), has exceeded that amount of prizemoney. Winz won $19,290,424 Australian Dollars which tops the list.
    Very sad news this morning of the passing of the Queen. She was deeply respected throughout the globe and will be sadly missed. This morning here in Brisbane its raining...something that rarely happens at this time of year.. so its fitting that the heavens have opened up to mark the passing of a unique and well loved Queen. And she had a deep love for horses and horseracing too and even had a number of horses with our top trainer in Australia, Chris Waller. My she rest in peace.

FLEMINGTON:
    R1 no 6 Doull
    R3 no 7 Ghaanati
    R4 no 8 Bermadez
    R5 no 1 I'm Thunderstruck Won $2.55
    R6 no 3 Port Nepean

ROSEHILL:
    R3 no 10 Monfelicity...no 3 Impulsar is the late mail
    R4 no 12 Pink Ivory Won $11
    R6 no 5 Golden Mile Won $4.20
    R7 no 1 Best of Bordeaux 2nd
    R8 no 9 Artishu
    R9 no 10 Shades of Rose Won $2.55
    R10 no 16 Waterford Won $2.40

DOOMBEN:
    R1 no 2 Cool 'n' Ready 3rd
    R6 no 3 Puntura 2nd
    R8 no 6 Weona Smartone Won $5.25
    R9 no 12 Manhood 3rd

BELMONT:
    R1 no 1 Sockoff 3rd
    R2 no 6 Tiffany Street 2nd
    R3 no 5 Enticing Won $15
    R4 no 5 Western Knight 2nd
    R5 no 1 Benji's Won $3.50
    R6 no 6 Westriver Miracle 3rd
    R7 no 5 State of Power
    R8 no 2 Resortman
    R9 no 4 Ginger Baker

LAY BETS:
    MR1 no 6 Doull Ran unplaced. Lay Bet Won
    MR7 no 6 Flying Mascot Ran unplaced. Lay Bet Won
    SR4 no 5 Hameron Ran 3rd. Lay Bet Won

LATE LATE MAIL:
    SR9 no 1 Startantes e/w @ $15
    SR1 no 18 Kings Trust e/w @ $15 2nd
    MR7 no 2 Glint of Hope e/w @ 33/1

BEST BETS:
    MR5 no 1 I'm Thunderstruck Won $2.55

Cheers'n Beers
    Last edited by Charles49; 29 October 2022, 11:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Charles49
    replied
    Weather here should be nice and sunny however Mother Nature thinks we need a change from the norm and has sent over rain laden clouds and colder than normal temperatures. Consequently we are still having meetings abandoned because of heavy rain. Despite the inclement weather last weeks result were palatable with 13 Winners and 22 Placed. Spring racing is warming up and the big guns are coming out to play so expect some good competitive races in the next three months.
    Here are the races for Saturday.......updates will follow as we get closer to Saturday's start time.
    Be wary of Randwick today...track has been downgraded to a Heavy (8) due to persistent overnight rain.

MOONEE VALLEY: Track Soft (6)
    R1 no 1 Castillian... Won $5.no 2 Major Beel 2nd is the late mail
    R2 no 8 Prix De Turn
    R3 no 4 Shalaman Won $4.50
    R4 no 2 Mr Brightside Won
    R6 no 5 Boogie Dancer.....No 3 I'mlovin'ya 3rdis the late mail tip
    R8 no 5 Uncle Bryn 2nd

RANDWICK: Track Heavy (8)
    R1 no 8 Opal Ridge...Won $2.75.no 10 Xtra Approval is the late mail each way tip
    R3 no 4 Jai Lei 2nd
    R5 no 1 Eduardo Won $3
    R6 no 6 I'm Secret is the late mail
    R7 no 11 Icebath 2nd

DOOMBEN:
    Track Soft (5)
    R1 no 1 Lammer Won $2
    R2 no 1 Steady Ready 2nd
    R6 no 1 The Ritz
    R8 no 6 Snippy Fox
    R9 no 12 Enterprise Mia 2nd

BELMONT: Track Soft (5)
    R1 no 3 Ponyo
    R2 no 1 Let's Galavant Won $3.50
    R3 no 5 Alsephina 2nd
    R4 no 5 Probity 2nd
    R5 no 3 Allez Allez
    R6 no 7 Olden
    R7 no 4 Comes A Time 2nd
    R8 no 8 Multinational 2nd

LAY BETS:
    MR1 no 2 Major Beel Ran 2nd. Lay Bet Won

LATE LATE MAIL:
    SR3 no 3 Party For One e/w
    MR9 no 1 He's Our Bonneval e/w

BEST BETS:
    MR4 no 2 Mr Brightside Won
    BR9 no 12 Enterprise Mia 2nd

Cheers'n'Beers
    Last edited by Charles49; 3 September 2022, 09:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X