Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Dragons Vs Ulster tonight

  1. #1
    Forum Guru PC0845's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Waterford Ireland
    Posts
    830
    Thanks: 516
    Thanked 606 Times in 255 Posts

    Default Dragons Vs Ulster tonight

    OK, bad game but Ulster 13 behind with 12/13 minutes to go.

    Who in Gods name matched my speculative lay of 200 @ 1.02 with 12 minutes to go in a game and Ulster less than 2 converted tries behind ?

    I had no bother scratching with 3 or 4 minutes to go. Was this a user error or are there people really willing to place bets at those odds in low liquidity markets. If so, please tell me where to find more of them.

  2. #2
    Forum Guru custard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,980
    Thanks: 739
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,257 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PC0845 View Post
    OK, bad game but Ulster 13 behind with 12/13 minutes to go.

    Who in Gods name matched my speculative lay of 200 @ 1.02 with 12 minutes to go in a game and Ulster less than 2 converted tries behind ?

    I had no bother scratching with 3 or 4 minutes to go. Was this a user error or are there people really willing to place bets at those odds in low liquidity markets. If so, please tell me where to find more of them.
    If you pardon the expression, "a lot of people who trade rugby do so when they are pissed". Very weird things happen but the markets lack liquidity for serious traders. This is possibly why rugby markets are frequented by nutters. The most common trick is for someone to lay Over and Under in the Total points market at around 1.8. They hope for both bets to be matched and take the profit.
    I lost when trading the Worcester v Northampton game tonight. Small stake, clueless players and lots of silly English people wearing rugby shirts. Some were even older than me. Thank God I didn't pay to see the game.

  3. #3
    Forum Guru PC0845's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Waterford Ireland
    Posts
    830
    Thanks: 516
    Thanked 606 Times in 255 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by custard View Post
    This is possibly why rugby markets are frequented by nutters.
    Mmm, food for thought, do we class ourselves as nutters then ?

  4. #4
    Forum Guru custard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,980
    Thanks: 739
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,257 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PC0845 View Post
    Mmm, food for thought, do we class ourselves as nutters then ?
    Some of us are seeking advantage as you did. I would say that the majority of people who bet on rugby markets are just looking for mugs. The very small liquidity sets rugby markets apart from the main stream sports such as football, horse racing, etc.

    I know the risks I take when I enter a rugby market. Hardly ever a chance to trade out at a fair profit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Talented Mavericks Limited
26 Buttercup Close
Corby
Northants
England
NN18 8LB

UK Company # 04872848
UK VAT # 887366268

Facebook TwitterYouTube



Betfair    Betdaq    VISA  Mastercard  American Express  Dinners Club  Discover  PayPal  Skrill