Thread: Aussie Racing

Default Aussie Racing

Had a go at some of the Aussie races this morning. Using a small bank it is possible to make a few pounds

First race was a pace race. I think that is the one where the jockey is pulled along

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zqLjpXu30o

The second race was just a normal one with the jockey sat on the horse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrHQOe2wka0

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Drifter For This Useful Post:
    Boo (21st March 2010), crikey (21st March 2010), jibiko (6th April 2010), pez (22nd March 2010), The Geek (21st March 2010), The Joker (21st March 2010)

seems like such a big effort for a few quid this trading bizo

arbing is much easier !

cheers

4. The Following User Says Thank You to johnsmith For This Useful Post:
    Drifter (22nd March 2010)
    Sports Correspondent attheraces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post

arbing is much easier !

cheers
    How do you get round the fact that most UK/Euro books will limit you sooner rather than later,or are the Aussie books different?
    I have arbed all my big UK/Euro books to a point where i am limited to pence at all of them. [made a few thousand along the way though]

Regards

6. The Following User Says Thank You to attheraces For This Useful Post:

Nice trading drifter,il have to give the oz markets a go.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pez For This Useful Post:

arbing is much easier !

cheers
    I have never been able to make this much on a consistent basis arbing. Personally I found it much more time consuming looking for arbs. I think the aussie markets are quite good for traders starting off.

How often do you find good arbs?

Is it easier to find arbs on the aussie racing? I find the Uk bookmakers react very quickly to any moves on the exchanges which makes arbing very difficult.

to answer your direct questions

aussie books have bigger balls than the UK/euro ones, they actually act like bookmakers , so yes, they are easier to work with (a few offer UK racing as well)

i did it manually for a while with no problem, and after a short time , you know where to look, how far out from the off, how much you can get on at the various places etc, and then once i'd modelled it manually, i automated it

i have a similar set up for tennis, soccer and a number of US sports.

there are ways to delay limiting by the UK books, but not avoid it. for the other sports i work with, i dont even bother with UK books...i cant get enough on

trading like you guys do here is so foreign to me, when i watch the video's , all i see is colours and numbers flashing and have no real understanding of where and why your moving your cursor around and clicking like you do...i would love to have a few one on one sessions with a pro trader who can show me the ropes cause there's something thats not clicking with me holding me back, hence why i frequent this lovely place

cheers
    Last edited by johnsmith; 23rd March 2010 at 11:10 AM. Reason: added a bit more detail

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johnsmith For This Useful Post:
    Cran (23rd March 2010), Drifter (23rd March 2010), jibiko (6th April 2010)
    Sports Correspondent attheraces's Avatar

ive added a diagram of how i'm set up.....

to answer your direct questions

aussie books have bigger balls than the UK/euro ones, they actually act like bookmakers , so yes, they are easier to work with (a few offer UK racing as well)

i did it manually for a while with no problem, and after a short time , you know where to look, how far out from the off, how much you can get on at the various places etc, and then once i'd modelled it manually, i automated it

i have a similar set up for tennis, soccer and a number of US sports.

there are ways to delay limiting by the UK books, but not avoid it. for the other sports i work with, i dont even bother with UK books...i cant get enough on

trading like you guys do here is so foreign to me, when i watch the video's , all i see is colours and numbers flashing and have no real understanding of where and why your moving your cursor around and clicking like you do...i would love to have a few one on one sessions with a pro trader who can show me the ropes cause there's something thats not clicking with me holding me back, hence why i frequent this lovely place

theres a fair bit more to it than what i've detailed here, but if i tell you , I'll have to silence you
    Could you explain to me what "gnome" means on your diagram please?

Regards

Director of Automated Solutions 1/4 of a millionaire fund's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by attheraces View Post
    Could you explain to me what "gnome" means on your diagram please?

Regards
    http://www.gnome.org/about/

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1/4 of a millionaire fund For This Useful Post:
    attheraces (23rd March 2010), johnsmith (23rd March 2010)
    Veteran

I assume Gnome must have been edited out of the post however it is simple another identity, whether a variation on your own to fool the operator into thinking it is a different individual or an entirely different identity which has been 'borrowed' from someone.

A way to get around limits if you are an arber or to take advantage of new user offers or if you are such a ferocious punter you 'scare' the bookies.

I consider trading entirely different to arbing however if you have a knowledge of price movements, betting market mechanics and methods of automating data collection / execution you may have an edge to work with if you try and swing trade. The short-term 'flash trading' it looks like is an entirely different prospect whcih relies more on reactions, short-term supply demand, bluffing and ultimately noise [In my Opinion].

i had a diagram of my software flow up but chose to remove it as it was probably showing too much detail, on it i used the word gnome to reflect other accounts , (which are partners btw) hence the question above.

cheers

Default Aussie Racing

thats interesting i have ten of the aussie goliaths still all under 3 in and they all molted within the last two weeks. i didnt know they matured so small though. are you sure its a Goliath? and you got a pic?