Germany in semi's again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germany in semi's again

Yeah, usual highly professional performance edges Germany through.
    France couldn't do anything about it.

I don't remotely fancy Germany against Argies or Brazil, they will have
    to produce a miracle to beat Brazil in Brazil.

Brazil will have the 12th man on their side, also Brazil haven't lost a home game since 1975 ! Argies top heavy with superstars, ie Messi 354 goals for Barca !

Any views guys ? brill world cup, but few postings on here

I dont think brazil will win it,but can see them in final,the public seem to be carrying them through games,i said argentina at start of tourament but ive been impressed with holland,they werent to good in last game but understandable in the heat,i agree been an excellent world cup.

Comment

Brazil/Columbia good entertainment, not like dreary rubbish, Germany/Frogs

Comment

Yeah, I saw most of Brazil v Colombia and it was entertaining. Some seriously dirty stuff going on there and the ref let most of it go.

Both sides seemed to think if you can't get the ball, get the man.

I thought Colombia were unlucky. There wasn't much between the two teams. Rodriguez looks a heck of a player.

Brazil don't look world-beaters to me (and their goalie looks seriously dodgy) so I think Germany have got a good chance in the semis.

Comment

Germany have to be favourites now Neymar's out. The ref let too many bad tackles go unpunished and now Neymar has a broken back.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
            Brazil/Columbia good entertainment, not like dreary rubbish, Germany/Frogs
            France were very disappointing and played like the earlier bunch who disgraced themselves in the Finals by their in-house quarrelling. It was as though they didn't want to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by lcredd View Post
              Germany have to be favourites now Neymar's out. The ref let too many bad tackles go unpunished and now Neymar has a broken back.
              (Courtesy of Paddy Power...)

Gutted for Neymar, though doctors say his back had been made weak from carrying Fred all tournament.

Comment

Scolari seems to have a soft spot for Fred, has the tough guy build, required for corners/set pieces, doesn't look top class, but several Brazil players look limited, also.
                The home advantage gives them a massive lift, plus the refs give them the 50/50 free kicks.
                Still Brazil to win World Cup !

Comment

Starting XI v Colombia

Julio Cesar (Toronto FC)
                  Maicon (Roma)
                  Thiago Silva (PSG)
                  David Luiz (Chelsea > PSG)
                  Marcelo (Real Madrid)
                  Fernadinho (Man City)
                  Paulinho (Tottenham)
                  Oscar (Chelsea)
                  Neymar (Barcelona)
                  Hulk (Zenit St Petersburg)
                  Fred (Fluminese)

So, the only 'home based' player?

Impressive record of 62 goals from 96 appearances for Fluminese - if my quick totting up is correct.

It will be interesting to see what they do in terms of their attacking line-up against the Germans....

Comment

Working...
                  X