Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomson
    replied
    Lavis ..Does not run in the bumper at Fairyhouse tomorrow.
    Does this mean connections are reluctant to take on the Mullins runner Day of a lifetime. Intriguing stuff..

Lavis could drift out a little now for Cheltenham.

Leave a comment:

• Thomson
    replied
    Interesting weekend coming up for Cheltenham watchers.
    Fairyhouse has a bumper at 5.15 where Noel Meade may run his gambled on runner for the Champion Bumper Lavis.
    Currently 20’s with some bookies no value on BF. Will he still be 20’s come 6.00 on Saturday????

Leave a comment:

• Thomson
    replied
    BET NUMBER 2
    JCB Triumph Hurdle grade1

19th March 2010
    1.30 Cheltenham

SUPER KENNY……betfair….20.00...£15.00..win

British debut for this one at Doncaster 24 Feb..If it goes well could take a leap
    up in the betting…

Leave a comment:

• Thomson
    replied
    BET NUMBER 1
    David Nicholson Mares' Hurdle

16 Mar 2010
    4:40 Cheltenham

VOLER LA VEDETTE………Betfair…4.2...£25.00..win

Leave a comment:

• Ted
    replied
    Don't suppose Willy does any 'rideing' himself.............

Remember Nortons Coin ? hard to dismiss anything after that! wonder what price it might have been

if BF had been invented earlier.....

Leave a comment:

• Emkayracing
    replied
    Originally posted by Ted View Post
    Regaurding Willy Mullins, wouldn't mind knowing now, which one of his many NH Flat race entries,

that his son will ride............ha ha
    Don't know which Patrick will choose but look out for whatever Mrs Almond is riding

Leave a comment:

• Ted
    replied
    Regaurding Willy Mullins, wouldn't mind knowing now, which one of his many NH Flat race entries,

that his son will ride............ha ha

Leave a comment:

• Emkayracing
    replied
    There is no doubt that Long Run is a very good horse but Sam Waley Cohen is at least a stones worth of Handicap when it comes to the Championship races. He has a particularly good record in Hunter Chases and the like but he should have - given the superior quality of the horses that he rides for Daddy. He would be a serious contender in either the Arkle or RSA with a decent jock on his back.

Bensalem received 3lbs from his two rivals yesterday but it was not enough. Inchidaly was found to be lame after the race and he continually jumped right during it, so it looks like I have done my dough there but that's the nature of Ante Post. Diamond Harry has still not beaten much and he joins Punchestowns as being a decent hurdler turned Novice Chaser but horses like Big Al were bred to jump fences and he has shown much better form in three wins. He would not be an Ante Post play because his price is already short enough but come the day I will be on the Alster ahead of some others.

Willie Mullins' J'Y Vole did it nicely yesterday and I will be keeping an eye out for her festival entries. Soft ground is the key to her so maybe something like the Ryanair may be on the agenda. 60s on BF looks good to me - will be adding her to the portfolio

Leave a comment:

• Thomson
    replied
    Are we any wiser about the RSA after yesterday or not. Long Run wins by 12 over a mile short in trip. Great performance and I’m a fan but will it be the RSA or the Arkle?
    Owner say’s he wont decide until five day decs so who knows, one thing for sure it’s a good horse. I’m not on because of the doubt in race, but I also think the price for the RSA is poor value. Long Run was not that great at his fences, and Cheltenham is stiffer, and how will Long Run fit in with a bigger field? I think if you feel this is the winner then you will probably get better value in-running at some stage. Can see him making a couple of jumping errors and probably be available at 10’s whilst recovering.

Diamond Harry v Bensalem…The blunder 5 out by Bensalem did no one any good, least of all the punters. Diamond Harry was running within himself before the blunder and more so after it. Good heart shown by the runner up but the winner had his measure. Small fields are never satisfactory and both will benefit from a more open contest.

I’m looking to green out on Bensalem, sticking with Diamond Harry for now but maybe go in again on Pandorama who is looking to have some value now.

Leave a comment:

• Mickey Pearce
    replied
    Originally posted by Mickey Pearce View Post
    oklay doklay - here is my modest effort (all at BF prices)

Supreme Novices Hurdle - Peddlars Cross £10 @ 36.0

Arkle Trophy - An Cathaoir Mor £10 @ 80.0

Champion Hurdle - Rock Noir £10 @ 340.0

Queen Mother Champion Chase - Free World £10 @ 75.0

World Hurdle - Diamond Harry £10 @ 120.0

Triumph Hurdle - Baccalaureate £10 @ 90.0

Gold Cup - Money Trix £10 @ 180.0

3 more to come.
    RSA Chase - Tazbar £10 @ 26.0

Champion Bumper - Made In Time £10 @ 30.0

Ryanair chase - Petit Robin £10 @ 210.0

Good Luck.

Leave a comment:

• refer80
    replied
    Arkle chase on the first day of the festival BEDLAM BOY 85-1.Heard postive vibes about this horse,could be bull---t but at that price i am willing to find out £10 e/w.

Leave a comment:

• Thomson
    replied
    This is so off the wall I don’t know if I should even post it here, however the festival loves a good story and this is certainly up there.

Following a 40-hour journey half-way across the world, trainer Anthony Cosgriff is pleased with the progress of Gorge and Onajet as the pair prepare to become the first Australian-trained runners at the Cheltenham Festival.
    Both horses arrived in Britain on Friday and are settling in at at Mark Johnston's stables in North Yorkshire.
    Gorge is the one I’m showing an interest in. He is being aimed at the three-mile £100,000 Grade One Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle on totesport Cheltenham Gold Cup Day, Friday, March 19.

Gorge will have a prep run in a shorter than ideal 2m ¼ at Kelso on March 6th.
    This horse is certainly a worthy contender for the Cheltenham race and connections are pushing the boat out for him.
    The main point is that press interest will be with him, so a good run at Kelso would see some movement in his price. Bookies range from 25-50, Betfair has very little money available at present. I’ve had 80-85 matched for small stuff, so if any of you layers out there would care to take my £4 @ 90 that would make my day.
    But seriously this runner is worth keeping an eye on, I doubt the horse will be good enough on the day but he could do a lot of talking before the off..

Leave a comment:

• Emkayracing
    replied
    Emkays Effort

Arkle - Tataniano £15 @ 17.5

Champion Hurdle - Celestial Halo £15 @ 21

NH Chase - Massasoit £20 @ 18

World Hurdle (Without Big Bucks) - Powerstation £30 @ 10

Ryanair - Takeroc £10 @ 90

Gold Cup (Without Denman & Kauto Star) - My Will £10 @ 44

Good luck all

Leave a comment:

• Mickey Pearce
    replied
    Originally posted by Emkayracing View Post
    Go for it!

The three that I have put up are not necessarily win bet material, more back > lay...

Hows about a theoretical £100 to put on as many (or few) selections as each bod likes? No closing out either - just £100 split into win stakes across the markets. Most profit wins.

Sort the settling out later - stick the current BF price up when posting and no cheating
    oklay doklay - here is my modest effort (all at BF prices)

Supreme Novices Hurdle - Peddlars Cross £10 @ 36.0

Arkle Trophy - An Cathaoir Mor £10 @ 80.0

Champion Hurdle - Rock Noir £10 @ 340.0

Queen Mother Champion Chase - Free World £10 @ 75.0

World Hurdle - Diamond Harry £10 @ 120.0

Triumph Hurdle - Baccalaureate £10 @ 90.0

Gold Cup - Money Trix £10 @ 180.0

3 more to come.

Leave a comment:

• Emkayracing
    replied
    Originally posted by Mickey Pearce View Post

Do you wish us to append our Ante Post picks and see how we fare at the end of the festival?
    Go for it!

The three that I have put up are not necessarily win bet material, more back > lay...

Hows about a theoretical £100 to put on as many (or few) selections as each bod likes? No closing out either - just £100 split into win stakes across the markets. Most profit wins.

Sort the settling out later - stick the current BF price up when posting and no cheating

Leave a comment:

Working...
X