No announcement yet.

Cheltenham Ante Post Plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no doubt that Long Run is a very good horse but Sam Waley Cohen is at least a stones worth of Handicap when it comes to the Championship races. He has a particularly good record in Hunter Chases and the like but he should have - given the superior quality of the horses that he rides for Daddy. He would be a serious contender in either the Arkle or RSA with a decent jock on his back.

Bensalem received 3lbs from his two rivals yesterday but it was not enough. Inchidaly was found to be lame after the race and he continually jumped right during it, so it looks like I have done my dough there but that's the nature of Ante Post. Diamond Harry has still not beaten much and he joins Punchestowns as being a decent hurdler turned Novice Chaser but horses like Big Al were bred to jump fences and he has shown much better form in three wins. He would not be an Ante Post play because his price is already short enough but come the day I will be on the Alster ahead of some others.

Willie Mullins' J'Y Vole did it nicely yesterday and I will be keeping an eye out for her festival entries. Soft ground is the key to her so maybe something like the Ryanair may be on the agenda. 60s on BF looks good to me - will be adding her to the portfolio

Comment

Regaurding Willy Mullins, wouldn't mind knowing now, which one of his many NH Flat race entries,

that his son will ride............ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
        Regaurding Willy Mullins, wouldn't mind knowing now, which one of his many NH Flat race entries,

that his son will ride............ha ha
        Don't know which Patrick will choose but look out for whatever Mrs Almond is riding

Comment

Don't suppose Willy does any 'rideing' himself.............

Remember Nortons Coin ? hard to dismiss anything after that! wonder what price it might have been

if BF had been invented earlier.....

Comment

BET NUMBER 1
            David Nicholson Mares' Hurdle

16 Mar 2010
            4:40 Cheltenham

VOLER LA VEDETTE………Betfair…4.2...£25.00..win

Comment

BET NUMBER 2
              JCB Triumph Hurdle grade1

19th March 2010
              1.30 Cheltenham

SUPER KENNY……betfair….20.00...£15.00..win

British debut for this one at Doncaster 24 Feb..If it goes well could take a leap
              up in the betting…

Comment

Interesting weekend coming up for Cheltenham watchers.
                Fairyhouse has a bumper at 5.15 where Noel Meade may run his gambled on runner for the Champion Bumper Lavis.
                Currently 20’s with some bookies no value on BF. Will he still be 20’s come 6.00 on Saturday????

Comment

Lavis ..Does not run in the bumper at Fairyhouse tomorrow.
                  Does this mean connections are reluctant to take on the Mullins runner Day of a lifetime. Intriguing stuff..

Lavis could drift out a little now for Cheltenham.

Comment

Working...
                  X