Ashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rod Flanders View Post
    I think the Aussies will win the Ashes!!!

how many times have I heard that this is England's best chance of winning/regaining the ashes blah blah blah,

the Aussies are more than capable of blowing england away, especially on home soil.

If england were so good then why are the Aussies still favs? because England blow it every time they travel down under.

ive decided to back Australia in the draw no bet market not because im not confident but because strange things can happen in test cricket!!!

this will be the biggest bet ive ever had!!!!
    writing off the Aussies, silly silly english backers, england given a chasing 1st day!!!

Comment

tem , this post prompted your recent bit of childish drivel

Originally posted by johnsmith View Post
      one of the reasons we havent lost in so long there, is the gabba is the fastest and bounciest wicket in the world and touring teams struggle to come to terms with the pitch, so i disagree with your opinion that history doesnt matter.

touring bowlers see the bounce and pitch too short , whereas the aussies know the pitch and bowl a better length at the gabba as thats where the wickets come from.

anyway, from a trading perspective, i think the appropriate strategy will be to lay the team that bats first as generally you see a few wickets in the first session until the pitch dries out a bit. whoever bats first will drift out in the first part of the game.

the gabba is probably the hardest place in aust to bat the first session , and alternatively is probably the best place to bat in aust on day 2

day 2/3 is generally a batting paradise.

this particular year the wicket is at its deadliest for the start of the test.
      so whilst i still think you're that thing mr mod called you, can you jump off your thrown and allow this thread to be appropriately focussed?

Comment

anyway, from a trading perspective, i think the appropriate strategy will be to lay the team that bats first as generally you see a few wickets in the first session until the pitch dries out a bit. whoever bats first will drift out in the first part of the game.
        3's out to lot's ...back on topic..i enjoyed the F1 thread

will be looking to lay aust as short as i can 2moro hopefully as low as 1.20 , this series looks very similar to the recent 2 with south africa and expect similar trends in the betting. england will still bat again on a good pitch and as it was in those series, i think this is where the money is next

Comment

Just layed Australia at 1.45 - not too much downside but great upside if (when) they lose a few wickets
          When I die and they lay me to rest,
          I'm gonna get pissed with Georgie Best

Comment

Originally posted by Drifter View Post
            Ashes Predictions

Series score 2-2 - England retain the Ashes

Ian Bell doesn't make a score above 40 in the series.

Mitchell Johnson is made to look very ordinary by Strauss & KP.

These predictions will probably look stupid by this time tomorrow
            At least the last line was correct

Comment

johnson did look ordinary

Comment

Backing and laying against England

I know nothing about cricket markets, our stick games are much more violent. In my experience anything that SKY TV are selling is usually over hyped and hence England and English teams are backed to silly low prices. This applies to soccer "Best league in the world", Ryder cup, and basically anything else they are selling. Same applies to the English teams in Heinekin Cup, Irish teams in same. They are very poor value to back.
                By the way Man U shortened by 4 ticks in the 2 hours before each of their last 4 European cup matches. Is this purely because of their huge fan base oe team announcements ?

BTW, here's my team playing stick games, legends and all amateurs..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p82BfKAQyvY

Comment

johnson did look ordinary
                  If ordinary means poor you're right.

He didn't bowl any of his spraying wide balls but still seemed not up to it. In fact for Johnson he bowled well, just didn't get a wicket and went for loads so was good for him

Comment

Originally posted by PC0845 View Post
                    I In my experience anything that SKY TV are selling is usually over hyped and hence England and English teams are backed to silly low prices.
                    Australia were over backed IMO, so Sky didn't do such a good job for the Ashes

Comment

Andy Flower has cancerous melanoma removed from his face. Hopes to be back at game on Monday

Comment

New ball due early tomorrow, could be very interesting

Comment

Well now both teams have batted I feel it is right to have a look at what we have seen. Obviously a poor first day from England and well done to Peter Siddle who bowled straight but what a massive overreaction by everyone, was 260 such a bad score? Again no-one really knows until the opposisition bat and after seeing last nights offerings then yes it was less than what they should of got but I would have to agree with Ian Bell and not David Lloyd that it was just a bit below par. A confident Aussie team would of smashed past that last night and begun grounding England down but instead they looked hesitant and a little meek which allowed England to get back into the game. I personally will stick by my pre series thoughts, in fact if anything I have become slightly more confident in England retaining the Ashes after seeing how the match is developing and what both sides potential looks like for the rest of the series . From a trading point of view the massive overreaction to that first day was most welcome.

Hope it is going very well for everyone too as the nights are not welcome!

Comment

Hopefully Day 4 has shown the Ashes will stay with England, well done boys

Comment

They did play well on a very flat pitch, they basically learned from Hussey and Haddin who also played superbly the previous night. Another thing to draw from this might be the fact that England when they failed to take a wicket certainly kept a higher energy level in the field than Australia did and I was very surprised how quickly Ponting went on the defence yesterday despite England still trailing. England are still quite capable of a collapse though I am sure we all remeber South Africa etc.

Comment

Given the fact that England suffered a hat trick which is rare and probably the only one this series and Dar's 2 wrong calls in Australia's innings, one he called Hussey not out which on referral was overturned and then gave Hussey not out when it clearly showed him to be out but there was no referral left for England, I think England are coming out of this game in front - although I don't think they'll try to rattle up 150 more then put Australia back in for an edgy few hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X