Praise to the Toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praise to the Toy

I've only been using the toy for a week or so, if that.

But I'm really impressed with it so far.

Things I like in particular compared to the other tools I've used:

- It remembers all your settings for ladders, graphs etc. I used to find it so irritating with other tools when I had to reposition and resize everything each time I switched on my machine.

- The ease of filtering the horse racing markets, and the nice country icons next to each one so you know where it is. In the past I had to manually load up the horse racing markets I wanted each day, then as a novice trader, try to figure out where 'Curr' and 'Wind' could be.

- Speed of the damn thing. I feel that I'm getting a quicker refresh than I did with other tools. There's so many times I've tried to take money that's disappeared as I'm clicking the mouse buttons. Doesn't happen nearly as often with the toy.

- Estimated queue. Not seen this feature anywhere else. Obviously it can never be 100% accurate but it's extremely useful as a 'ball park' indicator. On its own, this feature is worth using the toy for.

The only thing I'm not so fond of is those damn Simpsons noises. Hearing Homer go 'awwww crap!!!' 60 times a day does wear thin after...one day.

Main Info Bar Menu -> Audio Alerts Manager

You can turn them off or change the sound to whatever want.

What's new in version 1.2

Comment

Originally posted by The Geek View Post
      Main Info Bar Menu -> Audio Alerts Manager

You can turn them off or change the sound to whatever want.
      Yeah, I saw that...I might actually record my own 'race suspended' files at some point...like all things though, I only do it when absolutely necessary...

Comment

Those sounds put me off using the toy when it was first released. It wasn't until someone put me right that I started using it regularly

Comment

Working...
        X