In-Running Horseracing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-Running Horseracing

Recorded a video today of a race using small stakes inplay.

Comments are welcome
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/OhwOa534G0Q

Wow. Thanks for posting. That must be nerve-racking! I can't even see the reason for you opening or closing a trade; I'll stick to football!

Quick question: how do you get more than three tables in a window?

Comment

Hi there,when you say you use live feeds do you mean betfair vid or other sites,and you say you don't put a trade in before or while a horse jumps but you wont no this unless you have near enough the same time as the live race does betfair live vid have much of a delay at all? I trade in running or try to when I get time and think like you say is practice with your system or methods. good luck

Comment

Very interesting, but without quick live feed it's too dangerous to trade inrunning. Anyone knows livefeeds with a minimum lag?

Comment

RUK is mostly ok, but some days does have too much delay.

The BF live Video has a few seconds delay and covers the ATR races.

If you are trying to pick the winner to back it, then forget it, the delay and picture angles are no good for that, but there are plenty of in running strategies that you can do with a few seconds delay on the pictures.
          If you want more luck... Take more chances!

Comment

Yes I think that's the whole thing, I don't try to back a winner....

I use the BF video but only if the delay is not bad that day.

About backing before the jump and the delay.... You can see if the horse jumped well by the amount of money coming in or dissapearing... (if you know where to look)

This was just an average race with a low return, often have 10+ profit with 2e stakes...

Comment

Originally posted by napshnap View Post
              Very interesting, but without quick live feed it's too dangerous to trade inrunning. Anyone knows livefeeds with a minimum lag?
              I don't think you need live-feeds to trade in-running only if you are looking for a winner or a lay you can still make money just by watching prices and listening to the race on bf radio but you can not just jump in blind its taken me a bloody while to get to grips with it and start making money and be confident with it oh and I tend to keep away from 5f to 7f races I find them a pain in the butt.

Comment

Originally posted by BruceLee1973 View Post
                I don't think you need live-feeds to trade in-running only if you are looking for a winner or a lay you can still make money just by watching prices and listening to the race on bf radio but you can not just jump in blind its taken me a bloody while to get to grips with it and start making money and be confident with it oh and I tend to keep away from 5f to 7f races I find them a pain in the butt.

True, sometimes if the races dont get covered by bf video I even do them by listening to timeform radio (with the least delay)

The sprints and flat races go to fast to trade by just listening...

Comment

Originally posted by ReToCs View Post

True, sometimes if the races dont get covered by bf video I even do them by listening to timeform radio (with the least delay)

The sprints and flat races go to fast to trade by just listening...
                  Listening to a delayed radio feed really is fumbling in the dark especially if you're trying to use your race reading skills to trade.

I've started looking at in running for a few strategies but even the tv feeds are so behind these days you need a damn good strategy to win against the people playing live.

Comment

Heres another "in-running" video using larger stakes £35, its not mine despite the user being called ronnie, everyone who knows how i trade in-running, back placed and lay set, selection is form based.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ3J4osq3XM

Comment

Originally posted by ron View Post
                      Heres another "in-running" video using larger stakes £35, its not mine despite the user being called ronnie, everyone who knows how i trade in-running, back placed and lay set, selection is form based.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ3J4osq3XM
                      First - I think it's more risky what he's doing, because of the tickoffset i see so many moves in this movie that would have been usefull to me...
                      When he placed that lay bet it took him too long to close it manually and he lost some of his profit...

@Millionaire fund - even without the radio or video it's possible to place and close some trades by looking at the ladder... (not advised)
                      Timeform radio is maybe 2 seconds behind i think and that's fair enough to do it for me...

For the ones interested in my daily trading I started my blog/challenge:
                      http://50to1kbetfairchallenge.wordpress.com/

Comment

Personally I think if you can do in running or pre race and make money at it and limit your loses then do it as long as you have confidence in your own strategy/ability then go forward with it.

Comment

Originally posted by BruceLee1973 View Post
                          i'm trying to trade with no info and it usually goes ok,i think.but i totally agree about stayin away from those short races.they've been killing my profits time and time again

Comment

i never watch the races or listen to the radio while trading in-play, i got used to "read" the race from the movements of the market, and if i watch the race it distracts me too much.

i dont agree with the last part of the video, when it says that you can trade in this way with 2-5-10 or 250 euros.
                            2-5-10 euros get matched easily but in many cases 250 euros will create a small support or resistance, so all the guys with smaller stakes will jump 1 tick higher or lower than yours and your stake will take more time to get matched.

Comment

I think the fact the blog lasted about a month should have given you some idea of the longevity of his approach

Comment

Working...
                              X