Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betfair update affecting Geekstoy?

Hi

I am quite computer illiterate so wondering if anyone can help me out. Only this week this has started to happen...when I try to log into Geekstoy on my computer I get told to upgrade my browser with Chrome, Firefox etc (in the attachment) so I am compatible with the updates in Betfair. I then click on Chrome (which I have always used) and it downloads and just opens up a web page which does not help as Geekstoy is an app. I have deleted Geekstoy from my system and reloaded it in and still having same problem. I have tried the other browsers too and same result. Please if anyone knows how to fix this let me know.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mr Moderator; 25 May 2021, 06:29 AM. Reason: Mentioned a competitor

I use Chrome and have not had any reminders from Betfair regarding an upgrade. Are you sure it's not a virus?
    When I die and they lay me to rest,
    I'm gonna get pissed with Georgie Best

Comment

Originally posted by The Nem View Post
      Hi

I am quite computer illiterate so wondering if anyone can help me out. Only this week this has started to happen...when I try to log into Geekstoy on my computer I get told to upgrade my browser with Chrome, Firefox etc (in the attachment) so I am compatible with the updates in Betfair. I then click on Chrome (which I have always used) and it downloads and just opens up a web page which does not help as Geekstoy is an app. I have deleted Geekstoy from my system and reloaded it in and still having same problem. I have tried the other browsers too and same result. Please if anyone knows how to fix this let me know.

Thanks!
      the same, we need to know how can i change deafult browser in GT

Comment

it's a betfair change.

The software uses IE11, but betfair now show that page to anyone using IE11.
        So, if a user tries to use one of the betfair links in the software, they will see that message.

Some users logging in with two step are not appending their code onto the end of their password.
        Normally, if they don't append, they would get redirected to a betfair web page for logging in.
        But are now getting shown that message.

So, make sure to append if using two step

http://www.geekstoy.com/forum/showth...Authentication.

There is an issue with users in Denmark using nemid still.

currently working on replacing the built in browser with edge.
        No date to give for it yet though.

Comment

Thanks guys. I just took off my two-step authentication and works now. not ideal but will do for now.

Comment

Working...
          X