X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Laddaq step forth and challenge Betfair

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more"
    Henry V

......been here before with potential challenges to Betfair but is this the one that will topple the giant
    Yes, there will be a big exodus from Betfair
    0.00%
    Possibly, but its going to be a long road
    46.67%
    No, will see a small rise in Laddaq liquidity but not enough to make any big impact
    33.33%
    No chance , just another false dawn
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

People will leave Betfair and we will end up with two poor exchanges. There's only so much money in the economy for gambling.

Comment

Originally posted by custard View Post
      People will leave Betfair and we will end up with two poor exchanges. There's only so much money in the economy for gambling.
      I'm not so sure. Not everyone knows what a betting exchange is. If the LadEx gives more exposure to this concept through their bookies, the ecosystem will grow. I don't believe that two exchanges are too much.

Additionally, the existence of a global betting exchange, being fed by two "separate brokers" (betdaq and ladex) has to be the new future for this industry. I know it will take time and some good fortune, but I'm an optimistic.

Cheers

Comment

They need America or China on board then

Comment

Originally posted by marra View Post
          Yes, the customer base needs to expand and this is not going to happen. Governments make money out of gambling and will control it as they see fit.

I am not at all optimistic and predict the demise of all betting exchanges within the next five years. The major bookmakers would be happy if they did not exist, governments seek revenue and traders are powerless to bring about change. Gambling will always exist but it suits the "big kids" to control it so as to maximise their own profits. The time will come when there will be no cross-border betting, nobody will be able to gamble other than in their own country of residence.

Those who have spent so much time grizzling about Betfair over the last three years, in particular, will be "crying in their beer". They will only realise how good Betfair is/was when it has disappeared.

Make the most of it while you still can.

Comment

Betfair will one day shoot themselves in the head rather than the foot.

Until then take what you can still get.
            If you want more luck... Take more chances!

Comment

Originally posted by marra View Post
              They have this now though Marra, Ladbrokes are a global sport-book that now has a cash out button.
              Betfair will still be seen by negative countries as an exchange that has a sport-book appendage nailed to it.

Ladbrokes will be careful when rolling out this new venture, no foot shooting or margin trimming from them I fear..

Comment

All those who have had their accounts closed by Ladbrokes. Try asking if you can get it reopened so that you can play on their new exchange.

That will give you a good indication of how this will end up.
                Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Comment

There is no need to have a Ladsexchange account, just a BetDaq account.

It is good Lads are using push technology so the prices are updated automatically, not that makes any difference to AGT users.

Comment

Betfair's next unscheduled outage will expose the Emperors new clothes

Comment

Do you really think Betdaq could cope with the sort of volumes and customer transactions Betfair have? Is the infrastructure really there behind the screens? It might just end up being a lot less well run and less reliable than Betfair if that's possible.

Comment

Hard to see anyone running a firm worse then Betfair.....Norman Stanley Fletcher was capable of operating a better run English,maths and rude picture swap shop business in HMP Slade

Comment

As expected because of legal reasons i am blocked from Ladexchange, so no go for me

Comment

Originally posted by layallday View Post
                            As expected because of legal reasons i am blocked from Ladexchange, so no go for me
                            Are they likely to limit winners now that they've introduced the exchange model?

Comment

Whens it start ?

Comment

Working...
                              X