International forum ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International forum ??

Hi Geek, hope all’s well in your world. Got a suggestion for the toys forum for when you launch. The presumption is you’ll be wanting to accommodate your European and international users in the forum, so here’s what another forum I use has done as a workaround.
    Anyone can post to any thread in any language but at the top of the page there’s a translate button, menu beside it for from and to. Press the button and hey presto you get a machine gist translation of all the posts. Babel Fish is what there using.

Makes for interesting reading sometimes but is very user friendly, gives you a warm glow of being truly global as well. What do peeps think of this idea?.

Originally posted by Thomson View Post
    Hi Geek, hope all’s well in your world. Got a suggestion for the toys forum for when you launch. The presumption is you’ll be wanting to accommodate your European and international users in the forum, so here’s what another forum I use has done as a workaround.
    Anyone can post to any thread in any language but at the top of the page there’s a translate button, menu beside it for from and to. Press the button and hey presto you get a machine gist translation of all the posts. Babel Fish is what there using.

Makes for interesting reading sometimes but is very user friendly, gives you a warm glow of being truly global as well. What do peeps think of this idea?.
    Thats a nice idea, saves having riddiculous situations where one language forum only has a few users!

Shergar

Comment

We English are quite lazy when it comes to foreign languages. There are a hell of a lot of countries that teach English as a first foreign language in schools. When I was in Sweden a few years ago, every single person I met between the age of 14 & 40 was fluent in the lingo.

I have used babel fish, and whilst you can just about grasp what someone is on about, as you say it's quite comical.

The multi language forums over at ST were my idea, so could be an interesting proposal once we get going a bit. Stick a link up here to the forum & I'll have a look.

What's new in version 1.2

Comment

We'll gonna need some kinda translation feature if we are ever to understand some of Shergars posts
        Last edited by Knight Rider; 16 September 2009, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Yer Tiz.
          http://community.marketfeederpro.com...-lay-favorito/

delete this link if you wish after use TG
          Last edited by Thomson; 16 September 2009, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight Rider View Post
            We'll gonna need some kinda translation feature if we are ever to understand some of Shergars posts
            At some point in the near past I shall amputate my largest small Toe!!

Comment

Dont google have some sort of embedded translator??

Comment

Working...
              X