Charting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charting

Leon and Jim both mentioned charting as a "must have" option to complete their satisfaction of the current release.

Charting is something I have never used for pre off trading. Could you guys give us an overview of how you use it and does it give you a decent edge over other "non chartist" traders?

regards,

Mickey
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

i just use basic technical anaysis, trends and support and resistance levels. I wouldn't go into anything more technical than that, because i doubt anyone uses fibboacci retracements. I use the main betfair graph to find support and resistance levels and go for the bigger swings, ad use the short term graphs to scalp the maret and try and catch trends , although i prefer to try and spot the end of the trend, and get a few ticks that way.

Comment

yes I am pretty much the same I just use the charts for very basic analyses to see what is moving what in the market. A charting add on would be fantastic although the betfair charts are pretty good. Just a shame they are up to 10 seconds old though. Any charting add on would be a great addition!

Comment

Originally posted by jimrobo View Post
        yes I am pretty much the same I just use the charts for very basic analyses to see what is moving what in the market. A charting add on would be fantastic although the betfair charts are pretty good. Just a shame they are up to 10 seconds old though. Any charting add on would be a great addition!
        Yeah that would be nice, moving averages and stuff like that you mean ?

I think just some basic horizontal and freehand lines would be very nice

Comment

I use the charting for a few different reasons:

~ BF style charts (which we have) for long term trends, resistence etc

~ WOM grpah to see where the WOM has been

~ Average going through the market to see what kind of stake size I can use

~ Last traded amount to see the size of orders going through the market and looking for spikes and if the money is real or spoof

~ Back/Lay price to see where the price has been recently

~ Candle of back only prices every 2 seconds to see the more short term trends

Does it give me an advantage? For me yes as it suits my style - will it suit all? No.

Some people think what has happened has no reflection on what will happen etc etc but if we all thoguht the same way the price wouldn't move around and we wouldnt have anything to trade, so what suits me won't suit you.

So do you need charts? Yes and No, it is just a personal choice.

Also the use of charts vary from market to market and sport to sport. You will have noticed I said I don't use charts for USA horse racing bar the BF style graphs, but I use them for UK horse racing.

Different markets = different approaches, which is why what I do won't work for you more than likely. Hence you need to find what works for you as we are all different and have different mindsets, interprupt things differently etc etc.
          Last edited by Leonthefixer; 11 September 2009, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Hi all,just wanted to know how important the w.o.m is to your trading,as many traders seem to dismiss this straight away.Is this because of all the spoof trades etc etc that clouds exactly where the money is.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.

Some interesting stuff there from Leon. I like the point regarding real spikes going through the market. This is basically what I look for visually. So if charts could highlight these then I would like that to be included in the application if possible.

Are charts likely to be in the pipeline sometime TG?
              Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Comment

Indeed. But no promises as to when.

What's new in version 1.2

Comment

volume spikes are always important pre off and the streaming charts are perfect for them. Is the volume to the left of the ladder still on the to do list??

Comment

Working...
                  X