Monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Temujin View Post
    So something just clicked, guess I am not as quick as I thought...

Since this graphics card is set up for multi monitor performance, and I have a dual setup (cards), it is very possible to simply utilise the other ports, and have a DVI in each card, and a VGA in each, like I have now I believe. So I could easily have 4 monitors hooked up to dual cards? Over different inputs? Yeah?
    No problem but for the VGA-Ports you should only take monitors with up to 1680x1050 resolution. Otherwise the chance will be great that it looks like mist on the display.
    And take only graphic-cards from the same chipset manufacturer(AMD/ATI or NVIDA)
    Betfair is not the answere, it's the question.
    ....and the answere is NO!!!

Comment

Try this link: http://www.dell.com/content/topics/t...~section=specs

Resolution 2560x1600 (max)

Comment

Originally posted by pAKMAn View Post
        Try this link: http://www.dell.com/content/topics/t...~section=specs

Resolution 2560x1600 (max)
        Cheers. Looks like a few coming out now. But for 1900, I think the 27 inch at 1000 is better, could get 2, they also have 2560*1440 res, so price wise, would be a better option..

The question remains though, does the aspect ratio make the gain in resolution a little redundant?

Comment

Originally posted by Temujin View Post
          If you have 4 monitor
          what could anyone possibly have on 4 monitors.

Comment

Markets, graphs, sport, comparisons, data.. So many things. Could easily utilise a duel 4 monitor system...

Comment

im still learning, but call me ignorent, i think graphs are a waste of time, the cannot predict the future, and i never understand why people who only trade pre race, pay for fast pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by joneyyy1981 View Post
                im still learning, but call me ignorent, i think graphs are a waste of time, the cannot predict the future, and i never understand why people who only trade pre race, pay for fast pictures?
                Don't worry about being ignorant, because I am ignorant too. Graphs are, and have always been, " a waste of time". Most people wanted them, I didn't. You may check every post on every trading forum and you will not find one where any guy says he is making more money because of them.

Not one single post on this forum where anybody says that they are any good and make extra money. If you read carefully, you will see that more and more people here are denying the importance of graphs.

Pictures are important to pre-race traders as they might alert them to incidents prior to the race which would cause the markets to change dramatically, horses rearing in stalls, jockeys being thrown, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by nigelbleddfa View Post
                  Don't worry about being ignorant, because I am ignorant too. Graphs are, and have always been, " a waste of time". Most people wanted them, I didn't. You may check every post on every trading forum and you will not find one where any guy says he is making more money because of them.

Not one single post on this forum where anybody says that they are any good and make extra money. If you read carefully, you will see that more and more people here are denying the importance of graphs.

Pictures are important to pre-race traders as they might alert them to incidents prior to the race which would cause the markets to change dramatically, horses rearing in stalls, jockeys being thrown, etc.
                  some good points there...

Comment

Well lets be honest, graphs are important, it is just how you use them..

Anybody ever traded tennis? Watched a game going to serve and watching where the graph is going for each game? You think you can't get a good idea on where the price is heading in a tennis game from a graph?
                    Watched a cricket game? Graphs are useless? Can't see where a wicket will take the market from the graphs?

Hmmm..
                    Ok...

Graphs have their place. Maybe they are not as relevant in every market, but in some they are extremely helpful.
                    I have no doubts that there are some people that use only graphs to trade, some that use graphs in combination with other data, and some people that don't go anywhere near graphs when trading.
                    Personally, I use them in combination with a lot of other data. I like a variety of options of information to look at and I base my trading on them. But that is just me...

But, to simply dismiss graphs completely is a mistake. To choose not to use them, fair enough, each to their own, but make no mistake, they have their place in many trading scenarios.

Comment

Working...
                    X