X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by XenoMorph View Post
    Hello from Portugal

I'm 37 and currently building a bankroll to begin entering to world of trading at Betfair.

I'm trying to gather as much info/videos/tutorials as I can before trading seriously, so if anyone can recomend trading lessons/techniques I would be much appreciated

Thanks and oh... "The Geek" ? YOU'RE MY GOD!!!!!

A couple of threads to help you on your way Morph

Tradepedia

Where do i start

Comment

• Intro.

Hi,

just a couple of sentences by way of introduction.

I've been betting for almost thirty years, I can remember the smoky offices with a tinny commentary and blokes stood around watching the board man chalking up betting changes and results.

I've been trading for about three years and oddly enough it was one of "those books" that "set me off", I'd have never have thought of the basic technigue myself , in spite of a mathematical background in civil engineering.

I've made a little, and it is only a little, progress during that time, but I just love all the flashing lights and moving graphs associated with the software packages that are about these days.

This forum looks to be different from the rest with a much more "sharing" feel to it. That said I'll outline my way of keeping my bank from evapourating.

1. I lose more money trying to trade favourites than anything else so when I need to re-build my bank I largely stay away from them.

2. I select a race with a hot favourite, preferably odds-on, but no more than 6/4 (2.5) if I feel cocky.

3. I look to lay horses in the 9/1(10) to 14/1(15), it's usually possible to get a point or two which can be "greened" the reason being obvious.

4. If the market goes against me, I take the liability, before the off, but don't spread it across the field as the action is usually from traders, or punters opposing a certainty (out of desperation) and the horse rarely justifies market support (id does happen occasionallye of course).

Cheers, Morgan

Comment

• Comment

• ello ello

hay all im loadmastersrock, been trading about 10 years now so have my stories to tell.

i run a few blogs and own a hosting company so trading is my hobby and pays for fun

will try to help anyone and have time for all.

trying out geek toys and i must say its a great bit of kit. missing a few bits but does what you need for starting out.

hope to chat soon.

"If in Doubt close it out "

Comment

• :Welcome

Comment

• Welcome LMR. :Welcome

Are you in the UK?
              Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Comment

• WElcome Loadmasterrock

Comment

• Hi All

I'm from Poland, I'm 43, and been trading since 2005.
                  Started with LTD and after some profit got carried away and blew my first bank. Did this with few others as well over the past years. Then, EUREKA, why invent a wheel ? There are others that been there and for a small amount they will share their knowledge. Used Ian's FTS, ******s' trades, Nuggets Crew ..............guess I was more dumb than some other people as it took me longer to realise that the true trading depends on us ONLY. I think I have found my way that gives me steady income with not so big liability, and I am happy with it.
                  Been using Bet Devil and Soccer mistic (I mainly trade soccer), and Bet Trader. Still use them as they are prepaid for a long time............ no comments..........started learning Toy,and even thou a long way ahead of me........I like it (big bow Geeks). Green trading for everyone

P.S. Sorry for my English, no good teachers in Siberia

Comment

• Hi SH welcome

no good teachers in England either and your english is better than mine!:Brilliant How do you like Soccer mystic??

Comment

• Hi SH welcome

no good teachers in England either and your english is better than mine!:Brilliant

Comment

• Geee, I didn't know that the name of that little mammal is forbidden here. That's bizzare..........guess no animal lovers here.............shame on you..............gonna report this to ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals)

Comment

• Hello SiberianHuskey and :Welcome to The Geek's madhouse,

Be sure to check the live chat during IP soccer , or anytime , for a chat with likeminded traders (some pro's, some are hobbyists) every one is welcome to participate.....or just for a bit of fun......

Comment

• Originally posted by Shergar View Post
                            Hi SH welcome

no good teachers in England either and your english is better than mine!:Brilliant How do you like Soccer mystic??
                            Thanks. As for SM it has its pros and cons. The Price Predictor is a waste of time, although gives an idea..........and that's it - just an idea. But sometimes it's enough.
                            I am very demanding person, when I pay for something I expect it runs smoothly. Neither BA(SM) nor BR gave me a security feeling. And I guess it is important when you deal with few hundred euro stakes. Can't say anything bad about Geeks Toy as I only used it few times, still learning. It is free thou, so no complains. But I am completely happy to pay for the use of reliable software. Guess Geeks doesn't have a big red cross on his back, and will start charging for his software some day. Just hope it is as better as it looks so far from the competition. ............

Comment

• Originally posted by Quo View Post
                              Hello SiberianHuskey and :Welcome to The Geek's madhouse,

Be sure to check the live chat during IP soccer , or anytime , for a chat with likeminded traders (some pro's, some are hobbyists) every one is welcome to participate.....or just for a bit of fun......
                              Thank you Quo. Will do.

Comment

• Hello all,

Im 23, from the UK newer than most to this started betting the horses about 3 years ago got into LTD at begining of the year and now trading the horses too with the aid of the toy along with the occasional lay bet.... built up some huge profits and had some large losses on the way although overall up a fair amount and hope it continues as my knowledge broadens!

Chuck
                                Edges are ten-a-penny, execution is everything

Read My FULL-TIME Racing Traders Blog Here!!
                                T F YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X