X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spikes

Originally posted by Timstertoo View Post
    If you're new at trading in general or want to give another sport/discipline a go this is your section!

Here there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers. So don't feel emberrassed to ask anything, I'm sure you'll get a good answer quick from our more experienced users.

Once the questions start and answers start accumalating I'll make a sticky FAQ at the top of this page so we'll have a great knowledgebase for any beginner to get stuck in and get up to speed fast.
    hi, newbie needs a little advice, when you place a trade and it spikes
    straight away, the wrong way (as usuall) and keeps on going!!!!!!!!
    what is your responce? go in running? take a big loss?
    just found t.t, and it's the best thing since sliced bread, i'm gobsmacked
    with it. but with no stop loss i need best advice.
    hit three spikes today, and took 2 losses and 1 big loss in running.
    many thanks in advance.

p.s the geeks posting (the 5 stages to betfair trading) brilliant,

(just because your not paranoid, doesn't mean there not out to get you)

Comment

it depends how you are trading. as example if you scalp horses pre race, you close as soon as you see trade gone wrong way. if you swing trade, you maybe can a bit wait and see maybe this was just temporary move and trade can go right way again. if you analyse horse before trade, and approximately know how horse can behave inruning, you may leave wrong trade for some time inruning, it all depends on your style of trading, you should make at least approximate account how much trades you do wrong and how much you would lose if you let them run. i mean, as example, if you are scalping, if trade goes right, you earn one, two, three ticks, if trade goes wrong and you leave it in hope for coming back, you loose maybe 20 ticks or even half bank, so maybe better idea close wrong trades as far as you close right ones, close at one, two or three ticks them too
      справка по The Geeks Toy на русском »» здеся ««

Comment

Originally posted by kawasaki View Post
        it depends how you are trading. as example if you scalp horses pre race, you close as soon as you see trade gone wrong way. if you swing trade, you maybe can a bit wait and see maybe this was just temporary move and trade can go right way again. if you analyse horse before trade, and approximately know how horse can behave inruning, you may leave wrong trade for some time inruning, it all depends on your style of trading, you should make at least approximate account how much trades you do wrong and how much you would lose if you let them run. i mean, as example, if you are scalping, if trade goes right, you earn one, two, three ticks, if trade goes wrong and you leave it in hope for coming back, you loose maybe 20 ticks or even half bank, so maybe better idea close wrong trades as far as you close right ones, close at one, two or three ticks them too
        yes pre-race scalping, when it spikes 5-6- or 7 ticks and does not come back,
        just keeps on going, while you are thinking of taking the loss it has gone further, am i at fault for trading the wrong horse? or does anybody else
        have this problem? if so what is best advice.

(just because your not paranoid, doesn't mean there not out to get you)

Comment

... what you mean? if you scalp, you close as fast as you can, why wait for 7 ticks gone wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by kawasaki View Post
            ... what you mean? if you scalp, you close as fast as you can, why wait for 7 ticks gone wrong?
            sorry i must have explained it wrong, i am talking about when it spikes
            6 or 7 ticks straight away, you can't get out before it's jumped, it's jumped
            and doesn't come back?

Comment

well, sometimes it jumps right way too? its all about balance, you just need more right ones than wrong. there is no way to determine those unexpected jumps (at least i dont know how to do it), personally me, if move goes wrong, i close as fast as i can, and try to wait for longer too if move goes right way

Comment

I saw in one post that often the ladder is hidden behind the taskbar. In my case it is the same when i try open the ladder it is hidden behind the taskbar and I can see the upper part behind the blue taskbar but I don't have a clue how to drag it up. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Comment

vincecarter, try to hide your taskbar by rightclicking it and select 'hide taskbar', maybe you can reach the hidden window better this way.

Comment

Yeaa its working now hehe i guess i am a full noob for now

Comment

Hii, does anyone know hot long does it usually take betfair to complete identitiy check procces? I already sent documents 5 days ago but didn't get any resposne yet! How the heck can it take so much time for them to procces it? i Send them also already 2 other mails but still no response...

Comment

My local post office received its first mail yesterday since December 23. Snow is buggering up everything and I have been waiting for a particular letter since December 21.

Comment

yea bbut i send via mail So that takes few seconds. I sent it on 23 still have no answer. Sent 2 mails not troughout weekend sstill nothing. Ofcourse i understand it takes so mch time now but still mail should be no problem i am realy dissapointed about how long it takes :S

Comment

verything settled finally!

Comment

Say I want to lay at 1.59 and I do so on the toy. It is unmatched because the current price is 1.6. I think it will be matched eventually, but I have to go out. What happens if I close the toy?

Comment

Originally posted by CPC View Post
                                Say I want to lay at 1.59 and I do so on the toy. It is unmatched because the current price is 1.6. I think it will be matched eventually, but I have to go out. What happens if I close the toy?
                                Yr bet is in the BetFair system/book and so it stays.
                                you can choose to have the Toy warning you abt open positions/unmatched bets upon closing though
                                Anyone who says he can see through women... is missing a lot.
                                G. Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X