1k Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1k Challenge

Hi! I open this thread to find some motivation and discipline for the challenge. My bank now is 40 euro. The goal is 1k bank and I will also make some withdraws during this challenge.

I will trade greyhound markets and if I find good opportunities, maybe I will bet on other sports like football, basketball etc

Motto - Patience has its own rewards.

Good luck to everyone!

Day 1 - 18 June 2017

Challenge Starting Bank - 40,49 euro

Current Bank - 40,49 euro

Goal - 1000 euro bank

Withdraws – 0

take care mate!

Comment

When you have a small bank, trading can be difficult, but I don't need to find excuses, "big things have small beginnings"

First day didn't finished so well, on dogs I lost all the profit with 2 bad trades ( -6.24 e & - 2.28 ) but I finished the day with a small profit because of some bets on basketball and football. The big 6.24 e loss was my fault because I had money on the ladder ( on the backs side) too close to the start and a big spike came, I didn't have time to react.

Stats Day 1

Greyhounds - 45 markets -> - 1.19 e

Basketball - 1 market -> + 1.10 e

Football - 2 markets -> + 0.74 e

Total - + 0.65 e

My trades for today - http://imgur.com/F25jWIO

Since the change of gambling legislation here in Ro, I don't have acces on betfair to the classic mode for p & l and the new one doesn't look so organized.

"Taking the first step can be harder than the rest of the challenge. " - I hope this quote from a puzzle game that I like has some truth in it and the rest of the challenge will be more positive

Comment

Day 2 - 19 June 2017

Current Bank - 41,14 euro

Goal - 1000 euro bank

Withdraws – 0

Comment

Best of luck mate! Any particular way you are trading football? I see you are trading the greyhounds, much preferred the nags.

Comment

Originally posted by MaoCat View Post
            Best of luck mate! Any particular way you are trading football? I see you are trading the greyhounds, much preferred the nags.
            Thx mate, good luck to you also in your journey, I'm following your thread, I hope you'll have success. I don't trade football markets, most of the time I bet on low odds ( 1.01 - 1.05) on under in the final stage of a game. For ex in min 70 of a game if the score is 1-1, i bet under 4.5 or 5.5 but it's not easy money, i lost money this way in the past so I'm extra careful. In general I don't touch football markets anymore, I don't have good results.

Same with basketball, I don't trade the markets because there is no liquidity, maybe in NBA games it's better. In most cases when i find a good bet i stick with it until the end of the game or exit with profit before the end only if I can match my bets

I trade horse markets but only in demo mode because I'm still learning and only in running not pre-race. Pre-race trading on horses it's not for me, i like in play more. Use 1-2-3 ladders and try to find some gaps when the odds are starting to fly.

Comment

Day 2

Day 2 of the challenge was better then Day 1, greyhound markets where ok today for trading, but I'm upset because one race went in play and I had liability on 2 dogs. It's not good, because what I learned since trading these markets is that any dog can win the race no matter the odds. I need to be more careful If I want to continue because I lost exactly this way in the past.

Stats Day 2

Greyhounds - 72 markets -> +28.90 e

Basketball - 4 markets -> + 1.71 e

Total - + 30.61 e

My trades for today - http://i.imgur.com/X6cmZFA.png & http://i.imgur.com/wR7AZzT.png

Profit & loss page looks different, I liked more the classic version

Comment

Day 3

Day 3 - 20 June 2017

Current Bank - 71,75 euro

Goal - 1000 euro bank

Withdraws – 0

Comment

Hi! Nice results! Keep it up!
                  Do you trading on every runner or just the favourites? Scalp or swing?

Comment

Thx mate!

I usually trade the outsiders, but if I see a good opportunity on favorites I take it. It's hard to focus on all dogs, most of the trades are done in last 2 minutes before the start. On bigger odds you have more profit per tick, but it's more volatile, money can vanish very quickly so you need to be careful.

I'm scalping and swing, it depend on the race, every race it's different. Just Never let in play on dogs, you can lose big money, any dog can win. I had a problem with letting in play and it cost me money. Today so far 2 races went in play but I didn't had big liability, but I know it's stupid, because you will never know where you are as a trader if you let races in play...in the long run every time the end result will be losing your bank. I got lucky this time....

Comment

Stats

Stats Day 3

Greyhounds - 50 markets -> +21.78 e

Total - +21.78 e

My trades for today - http://i.imgur.com/WdkahkI.png

Comment

Day 4 - 21 June 2017

Current Bank - 93,53 euro

Goal - 1000 euro bank

Withdraws – 0

Comment

Originally posted by Bog View Post
                          Thx mate, good luck to you also in your journey, I'm following your thread, I hope you'll have success. I don't trade football markets, most of the time I bet on low odds ( 1.01 - 1.05) on under in the final stage of a game
                          Dude, around December 2016 I had a plan (before I knew about trading). I bet on football matches that were around the 1.01-1.20 mark with 10ish minutes to go. The games were usually 2-0 or 3 -1 or something around there. I was risky as hell. I managed to turn £50 into about £400 doing this and I thought I had found the holy grail lol - I won about 50-60 bets in a row. I withdraw all of it but £100 and started again. I think it was about 4-5 bets into the next run I had a shocking loss and stopped. Somewhere on the betfair official forum there was a guy that did the same with the same results. I remember it being stressful man. Football is a bit crazy, in fact my last bank blowout was due to scalping just for a tick in play. team was winning 3-1 and then lost 3-4 in about 7 minutes. Gotta be careful!

Comment

Yes, you need to be careful what games you choose when betting low odds in football games. Low odds can be a trap.

Comment

Lucky number 1

In this race at Perry Barr I was lucky, market suspended before I hedged, but dog 1 won and a I made a nice 21 euro. It's better to be on the back side than lay side if you ever being caught in play. I was on the lay side other times and lost.

With this ocassion I made my first withdraw for this challenge - 10 euro

Comment

Working...
                              X