Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Internet dating sites

Default Internet dating sites

Come who has given has given this a go?, i am on one site having decided i have been on my own too long now. l have met 1 woman who in her picture wad stunning but the picture was just her face, said average body type as her description, which it may have been some 20 years ago as she was a bit beefy and me being shallow hal was not impressed
    but find myself attracting all sorts of nutters and those that have been on these sites for years..... and all the decent ones that are a million miles away....i'll give it a few more months lol

Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,257 Posts

You have opened a big can of worms, Ron On holiday last year we were approached by a woman and her 26 year old, university educated daughter. The girl was quite attractive without being a stunner. They wanted us to find a British husband for her as she did not want a Thai man. They were eager to tell me that she was positively a virgin. I found the whole thing incredible and
    I was very amused. My wife, however, took it very seriously, gave me a bollocking, and took the girl's photograph and e-mail address and has given this to a few male nurses at our local hospital.

My mate in Bangkok phoned me only a few days ago to tell me that his first child had arrived. His wife is very beautiful, university educated and became a university lecturer.

A girl in a bar told me one day that I needed a haircut. I said "yes" to get rid of her but she grabbed my hand and led me to the hairdresser's shop which was immediately adjacent to the bar. This other girl cut my hair. Over fifteen years now and she's still cutting my hair

3. The Following User Says Thank You to custard For This Useful Post:
    KOTBIIAJIbTO (7th January 2012)
    Thanked 1,327 Times in 723 Posts

Custard... I think you want the thai bride thread.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowninja For This Useful Post:
    Knight Rider (3rd June 2012), neeeel (3rd January 2012)

Hmmmm Thai women... Got a mate who i used to work with he was a Mechanical Engineer, went to Thailand for a "holiday" and never came back, now teaches English, which is hard to believe as he has a local Shropshire Farmery type accent, has since married and had a child by a Thai woman, not the sort of thing for me as he lives out in the sticks in a village where a luxury is running water each to their own i guess.

As for this Dating lark, theres some right mingers available got one on my tale who is independant but looking for a man for the other "needs in her life", she's 5 feet 2" and looks like a beached whale

Then theres the 49 year old nurse from Worcestershire...STUNNING but may as well as be on Mars, unless she is this side of the Worcester border.

Some women just want to chat/send emails for what seems forever... Got talking to one who love Horse Racing again lives in outer mongolia..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ron For This Useful Post:
    KOTBIIAJIbTO (7th January 2012)
    Thanked 2,328 Times in 979 Posts

There's plenty of scam on these dating sites indeed

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KOTBIIAJIbTO For This Useful Post:
    Knight Rider (3rd June 2012), Quo (7th January 2012), ron (8th January 2012), Temujin (8th January 2012)
    Australian Cultural Attaché
    Thanked 1,250 Times in 610 Posts

I had an account with a couple. Mainly because I am a bit of a browser and have to create an account to use their search features.. Got onto a couple, well they got onto me. Seems they were both accountants, both liked exactly the same food, the same activities, and both liked to communicate outside of the site. Then I got another one that sent me exactly the same email.
    Of course, I emailed the site runners and abused **** out of them for running a scam, told them to shove it, and haven't been back. Plenty of better ways to be ****ed over than online. Would rather get ****ed over in person, at least you get a bit out of it before hand.....

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Temujin For This Useful Post:
    Knight Rider (3rd June 2012), KOTBIIAJIbTO (8th January 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by ron View Post
    Hmmmm Thai women... Got a mate who i used to work with he was a Mechanical Engineer, went to Thailand for a "holiday" and never came back, now teaches English, which is hard to believe as he has a local Shropshire Farmery type accent, has since married and had a child by a Thai woman, not the sort of thing for me as he lives out in the sticks in a village where a luxury is running water each to their own i guess.
    My late mother had the impression that Thailand was full of people swinging from trees. She was gobsmacked to find that it was more developed in its cities than the UK was.

I know of houses which are as you described but, of course, I have seen the other side too. A family friend lives in a mini mansion, has maids, her mother has never washed and ironed a shirt, and their driver takes them to a restaurant every night for dinner. I would hate their lifestyle as they are so totally removed from ordinary life as the majority of people in the UK know it.

I was teaching in Thailand and suggested to another friend that he should do the same. Although, initially reluctant, he took up my suggestion. He is head of department in a major International School in Bangkok and had previously been headteacher at a smaller school. He married his university lecturer wife and they had a daughter just before Christmas. His wife is stunningly attractive. He lives in a house in a swish part of "Bangers" during the week and they move down to the seaside at Pattaya for weekends and holidays. They have a small townhouse there.

He is a talented musician, plays trumpet in a symphony orchestra and a soul band. He phoned me last March to ask me to guess who he accompanied the night before in the International Arena and said that it was our own Tom Jones.

So, you see, living in any country can be done at all different levels. I wouldn't fancy living in Tower Hamlets. It was an absolute impossibility for me to marry a woman from the UK as I regard most I encountered as scheming money grabbers and that accounts for my marriage comparatively late in life.

Thailand has a terrible press in the UK. Whenever the Sun runs out of news it turns its attention to sordid things abroad. I once returned from Thailand to see that four out of eight headlines on our teletext related to child abuse, either by social workers at children's homes or by priests in my own country of Wales. I shudder to think what people from abroad would have thought of the Welsh if they had seen that news page.

My advice is to go to Bangkok and eat lunch every day in one of the busy little restaurants down the road from the British Embassy. You will see the most gorgeous women who have left their offices for lunch break. You may not find a wife but it is certainly one of the best ways to eat chicken fried rice that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    I had an account with a couple. Mainly because I am a bit of a browser and have to create an account to use their search features.. Got onto a couple, well they got onto me. Seems they were both accountants, both liked exactly the same food, the same activities, and both liked to communicate outside of the site. Then I got another one that sent me exactly the same email.
    Of course, I emailed the site runners and abused **** out of them for running a scam, told them to shove it, and haven't been back. Plenty of better ways to be ****ed over than online. Would rather get ****ed over in person, at least you get a bit out of it before hand.....
    I don't think it was the fault of the site owners - I think there are lots of scammers using dating sites to scam via social engineering.

Director of Product Development & Quality Assurance Leonthefixer's Avatar

Can't say I have used them but I was at my cousins wedding last year. It came to the best man's speech and we all found out how my cousin had meet his new wife - on one of these dating websites!

We then also found out from the best man what my cousin had planned for the honeymoon, he was going to 'Bangor'

Not a clue which site it was but I guess it goes to show some of those 'success' ads you see on ATR and the like are true after all.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Leonthefixer For This Useful Post:
    shadowninja (8th January 2012)

Some Funny replies as expected

Gotta say the 2 sites i am on are Crap, but both free... going to pull the plug as its taken up too much time....so less time looking at Horse Form...

But will be trying match just grudgingly paying £20 odd pounds a month... but 2 people at work have managed to hook up with others one of them has moved in with a woman he met after 8 weeks

Thanked 7,702 Times in 2,130 Posts

For £20 a month you can take Mrs geek off my hands if u want.

Just kidding.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to The Geek For This Useful Post:
    KOTBIIAJIbTO (9th January 2012)

Have a look on Pistonheads.com's forum at the Match.com thread. You can see the horror that awaits you on Match.com and Plentyoffish.com. Enough to keep even the randiest teenager in a monastery for years.

Director of Product Development & Quality Assurance Leonthefixer's Avatar

But will be trying match just grudgingly paying £20 odd pounds a month... but 2 people at work have managed to hook up with others one of them has moved in with a woman he met after 8 weeks
    That sounded bloody steep so I checked the cash back site quidco and if you use them it looks like you can get 6 months for that price!!!!

Always worth a look on the cash back sites for any online purchase as you can save a fortune - insurance is always good as are sky and virgin.

Some Funny replies as expected

but 2 people at work have managed to hook up with others one of them has moved in with a woman he met after 8 weeks
    Poor sod !

Quote Originally Posted by Leonthefixer View Post
    That sounded bloody steep so I checked the cash back site quidco and if you use them it looks like you can get 6 months for that price!!!!

Always worth a look on the cash back sites for any online purchase as you can save a fortune - insurance is always good as are sky and virgin.
    Virgins, you say?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowninja View Post
    Virgins, you say?
    Yes, they do exist, I found one. Sadly, my wife made my excuses and I had to leave. In fact, we moved 350 miles to Bangkok a week before were scheduled to

Y'see, when I posted my reply, I only expected a laugh in return, not a source of virgin-tight vaginas. Now, I am about to pop out but the last topic on my mind will be virgin-tight vaginas. Thanks. *goes off to read a random trading blog so he can re-focus his mind*

Quote Originally Posted by shadowninja View Post
    *goes off to read a random trading blog so he can re-focus his mind*
    Me personally gonna go bet on some Japanese racing

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KOTBIIAJIbTO For This Useful Post:
    doubleback (9th January 2012), PC0845 (9th January 2012)

That's bizarre.

I've changed my mind, I'd better go fishing

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KOTBIIAJIbTO For This Useful Post:
    Cran (17th January 2012), PC0845 (9th January 2012), shadowninja (9th January 2012)