24. You may not vote on this poll
  • In?

8 33.33%
  • Out?

16 66.67%

Thread: EU.......In or Out?

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,061 Posts

Default EU.......In or Out?

If there was to be a referendum in the UK on wether we should be IN or OUT, how would you vote?

Thanked 1,327 Times in 723 Posts

Well, the pros and cons (may be missing loads):

Pros
    Ease of movement
    European business links
    Hot eastern European chicks flooding London

Cons
    Immigration and all the problems that brings
    Being ruled by self-serving foreign shits (I am often asking, "I thought we won the war" these days)
    Having to share our easy-access benefits and medical services
    Having to send shit loads of money to Europe, a bottomless pit of caviar and champagne.

Question is: is the ease of movement a real benefit? How much business do we get for sending free money to the bottomless pit of greed? I mean, if it's for every £10 we send, we get £1 back in business, I'd rather we just gave £1 to our businesses and trade with China and the US instead. In case nobody's noticed, Europe is disappearing up its own diarrhoea-laden anus. If we stay in, does PIIGS (Portugal, Ireland, Iceland, Greece, Spain) become PIGSIE (Portugal, Ireland, Greece, Spain, Iceland, England)?

In other words, I just don't know. And let's face it, how many people at ground level really know the answer?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowninja For This Useful Post:
    doubleback (22nd October 2011)
    Thanked 1,495 Times in 574 Posts

The hot eastern european chicks are worth staying in for alone

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bazbaz For This Useful Post:
    doubleback (22nd October 2011), KOTBIIAJIbTO (22nd October 2011), shadowninja (22nd October 2011)

BTW if anyone disagrees with what I've said, please say so. I am happy to admit I might be talking shit (although not about the hot girls!).

I did hear David Mellor mention something - if Cameron had found out what the issue with leaving the EU was and took these reasons to Brussels, then perhaps we might get a better deal. OTOH Norway is not in Europe (I hear?) and they are richer than us. So who ****ing knows what is right.

If we leave the EU then we can make our own rules up. One rule that we could have is that fit Eastern European ladies are allowed into the county and no one else. We'd have no European Human Right legislation to stop us doing this and I think it's the way to go! We would increase the population because everyone would be having more sex so there would be no need for immigration, the general well being of the country would improve because everyone is having more sex and we would all be better looking in a generation or two.......

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to doubleback For This Useful Post:
    devomark2 (30th October 2011), KOTBIIAJIbTO (23rd October 2011), Quo (22nd October 2011), shadowninja (22nd October 2011), Speedy (18th October 2014)

Doubleback for President!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowninja For This Useful Post:
    doubleback (23rd October 2011)

iam not from the UK .. but i voted OUT! ..

and that is a vote for my country Austria.. EU is bullshit ..

I'm from Portugal, when the Euro currency was inserted in our economy, the prices doubled immediatly. 5€ in old currency lasted a week, now it lasts a ****ing meal.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to loktari For This Useful Post:
    shadowninja (23rd October 2011)
    Director of Public Records Cran's Avatar
    Thanked 4,358 Times in 1,910 Posts

I vote in, but only because it makes it easy to leave the UK and go somewhere else in Europe...

It really doesn't matter if countries are in the EU or not now, we are all fcuked over by the same banks and corporations and bent politicians wherever we live.
    If you want more luck... Take more chances!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cran For This Useful Post:
    PesceLesso (31st October 2011), shadowninja (23rd October 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowninja View Post
    Cons

Having to share our easy-access benefits and medical services
    At least 4 countries in the EU have much much better medical services and health care systems to which you can access... source: WHO... check it out

but I agree 100% with Cran (as much as you do it seems)

Let's all do like the Icelandic people did and send them to f^uck themselves, easy solution:

any title of public debt held by a private money saver up to say 10M £ will be honoured...
    the rest they can use it to wipe their arses....

seigniorage : they print money at the cost of ink and paper (if it's electronic money not even that) and the sovereign states borrow it at face value giving debt titles in exchange... and guess who are the shareholders of ECB, FED, Bank of England, World Bank, FMI ??? either we'll do something or a new Serfdom age is in sight...

Iceland forever!!!!!
    Anyone who says he can see through women... is missing a lot.
    G. Marx

I agree with Cran in principal, yes it's good for an individual to travel around Europe working etc. But when you get x thousands of pi$$ing, $hitting, eating, working, sleeping people turn up on your door step, I start to think differently about it. The effect it has on wages for starters is not good, in that there becomes a ready supply of people ready to be exploited for poor wages. Not to mention the brain drain from the country that they originally resided in.

When it comes to financial matters, the EU needs us, more than we need them. All fiat currencies have the achilles heel of being based upon nothing, apart from how much the government wants to print. The EU are dragging us much quicker into the poor house imho!

When it comes to the NHS, they are not enforcing the rules that are already there and treat anyone, rather than ask if they are entitled to the care that people recieve, we have health tourists that get treated unchallenged. Yes everyone in the EU can use their EUIC card, it just isn't asked for here. Likewise, people that come from outside the EU are not challenged, the rules say that they should pay for their healthcare if they are not resident, again, this is not enforced.

To summarise, feck 'em!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to doubleback For This Useful Post:
    TRADER68 (12th November 2011)
    Thanked 1,495 Times in 574 Posts

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bazbaz For This Useful Post:
    doubleback (2nd November 2011)
    Virgin

Default Just an opinion!

Hello to everyone!
    After reading all the comments raised by this so unreasonable "referendum" to the referendum itself, and despite not having the habit to get into political discussions, I only want to elucidate the younger, the "EU" was initially created by a handful of countries such as UK, Germany, Italy and some others, for their own commercial benefits!
    I would also point out that the current economic crisis was not created by the European Union, but by large multinational companies, banks and associated companies in its immoral pursuit of profit at any cost!
    Finally, I want to quote Thomas Jefferson, third U.S. president, wrote ... 200 years ago:
    ... "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than the revolt of armies. If the people ever allow private banks to control issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, banks and corporations that will grow around the banks will plunder the people of all property until your child wakes up homeless in the land that their fathers conquered ."...
    We must think about this!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to antalb For This Useful Post:
    PesceLesso (14th November 2011), RManPT (21st November 2011)