Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Real Trader - Charity Challenge vids!

Thanked 7,703 Times in 2,130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bazbaz View Post
    I don't see the point in putting the totals up on the announcements thing unless this is actually a totals competition now and not just to shame the selling blaggers for charity?
    1. Too much noise on this thread even though I asked people to keep it to vids only. I'm in the process of moving the qualifying ones over now, as I haven't gone thru them all yet.

2. There are issues with viewing some of the vid formats in XP, and Chrome on Windows 7, so it's also to save those viewing in future the pain I have had to endure these past days.

Media & PR Director Knight Rider's Avatar
    Thanked 2,320 Times in 1,007 Posts

To The Geekstoy Forum Thread Advisory Committee

Will this thread or the other one in Announcements stay long term or have you plans to delete them in the future?. If the former i will put them in Tradepedia > Inspiration.

Regards
    Knight Rider

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knight Rider For This Useful Post:
    KOTBIIAJIbTO (27th September 2011), shadowninja (26th September 2011)
    Thanked 2,328 Times in 979 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
    There are issues with viewing some of the vid formats in XP, and Chrome on Windows 7
    Can't watch custard's and psychoff's vids in vista either

Forum Addict

Firstly I do have clearance from our genial host to post this up.

Let me start by saying a huge thanks to everyone who has contributed so far, some great videos & screenshots there, all going to prove that it really can be done.

And of course a massive thank you to TG for coming up with such an idea in the first place, a terrific gesture all for the charities involved and for me personally I cannot say just what a difference this will make, wonderful stuff!

I would like to do my small bit here too and for everyone who has had a verified profitable account posted up on the thread then I am delighted to give you free lifetime access to our new site Betting System Notes (then you can record even more green screens in the future!).

Just PM me with your desired username for the site and I will do the rest. Of course if you haven’t yet seen our new site then do drop by, loads going on at the moment and some big things coming down the line in October too, so there has never been a better time to get involved.

So keep the screens / videos coming it is great to see them all and of course I look forward to seeing you over on the www.bettingsystemnotes.com site very soon.

All the best

Darren

Of course I should have mentioned that if you are already the proud owner of a Betting System Notes username then your previously paid £39.99 will be returned to you!

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bet72 For This Useful Post:
    acg (26th September 2011), AlistairH (27th September 2011), KOTBIIAJIbTO (26th September 2011), LuckyYou (27th September 2011), shadowninja (30th September 2011), skit (26th September 2011), Timstertoo (26th September 2011)

Can I have a free copy too seeing as I'm going to be £2k poorer very soon.

Novice

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gilbert11 For This Useful Post:
    Cran (26th September 2011), doubleback (27th September 2011), PesceLesso (27th September 2011), Timstertoo (26th September 2011)
    Director of European Operations Timstertoo's Avatar

Seeing as I haven't done hardly any trading lately (like for the last year or so, time is going very fast at the moment!) my last three months was empty. The positions I have taken won't be settled until after the football season so don't show in the P&L

So the only thing I can do is show you a screenshot of my deposits vs withdrawals on Neteller as that's the only service I use to move money around. Now I don't think that what I do is impressive enough for anyone to doubt it, but if someone would like to be sure I'm more then happy to give Geek my login details so he can nose around a bit on my account.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

I have around $150,- floating around in current bets so basically I've made something around $600,- over the years.

What I pretty much do is build my bankroll with US horses, which I find boring yet I get it. I started out doing it solo and then I made the huge mistake of teaming up with Genozzolo and trade together over Skype and MSN.

Because as soon as we have a bit of money behind he forces me to trade football, which I love trading but don't get, and we have to rebuild again with the boring horsies. Fine with me as it's a hobby for me and I've been playing with profits online since I started at PartyPoker in 2004. Also we have lots of fun doing it so it's cheap entertainment.

If I ever get serious I'm making one huge change though, Geno is out and Psychoff is in!

Actually I've started my bachelor in software engineering so there'll be a couple of bots making their appearance in the coming months which will hopefully allow me to build up my bankroll without me having to do the boring bits so I can blow it again on football while I'm having fun!
    If it wasn't for physics and law enforcement I'd be unstoppable!

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Timstertoo For This Useful Post:
    Caan Berry (26th September 2011), Cran (26th September 2011), doubleback (27th September 2011), PesceLesso (27th September 2011), TRADER68 (26th September 2011)

Sorry I don't have any video capture software, so hope a couple of screen prints will do!

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/.../pl3months.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/...s/lifetime.jpg

It may not be much profit, but you have to start somewhere!

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Desrespres For This Useful Post:
    Cran (26th September 2011), doubleback (27th September 2011), lcredd (27th September 2011), PesceLesso (27th September 2011), Timstertoo (26th September 2011), TRADER68 (26th September 2011)
    Director of Public Records Cran's Avatar
    Thanked 4,358 Times in 1,910 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Desrespres View Post
    Sorry I don't have any video capture software, so hope a couple of screen prints will do!
    Just download camtasia http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia/... it has a 1 month free trial and it's very easy to use.

if you want to use it after the free trial make sure you don't look at youtube 'camtasia key' videos and pause them to copy a registration key...
    If you want more luck... Take more chances!

Quote Originally Posted by Cran View Post
    Just download camtasia http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia/... it has a 1 month free trial and it's very easy to use.

if you want to use it after the free trial make sure you don't look at youtube 'camtasia key' videos and pause them to copy a registration key...
    Thanks Cran - I'll give it a try. I'm not the brightest star where computers are concerned so can't promise to get a video done before the closing date for this!

Ooops! I nearly missed the deadline for this. As I've been banging my head against a brick wall for months, I wasn't going to bother, but seeing as The Geek is dipping his hand into his pockets for a good cause, I might as well join the party.

My 1 day - 3 month performance shows a small but consistent loss so my evidence lies in the BF Premium Charge statement. I'm nowhere near being a match for some of the figures shown by others but £9.5K from a £10 start represents one of the more productive hobbies I've ever shown an interest in.

Here's the video link. The password is 'betyourlife'.

http://vimeo.com/betyourlife/betfair-lifetime-results
    Ali
    BetamicroSolutions - my IT business
    Twitter Me - Finally! I'm on Twitter.

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AlistairH For This Useful Post:
    Caan Berry (27th September 2011), Cran (27th September 2011), custard (27th September 2011), doubleback (27th September 2011), KOTBIIAJIbTO (27th September 2011), lcredd (27th September 2011), Nosmo-King (27th September 2011), PesceLesso (27th September 2011), westerner (27th September 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Rider View Post

To The Geekstoy Forum Thread Advisory Committee

Will this thread or the other one in Announcements stay long term or have you plans to delete them in the future?. If the former i will put them in Tradepedia > Inspiration.

Regards
    Knight Rider
    Of course they aren't going to be deleted. I will be reminding Blagger and any idiot mugged off by him about this challenge every day for a long time to come.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to The Geek For This Useful Post:
    thebarron (8th October 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by bet72 View Post
    Of course I should have mentioned that if you are already the proud owner of a Betting System Notes username then your previously paid £39.99 will be returned to you!
    Thanks for the gesture but in my case Darren, don't bother. Instead, just stick it in your charity fund.
    Ali
    BetamicroSolutions - my IT business
    Twitter Me - Finally! I'm on Twitter.

The below are from a pro trader of my acquaintence who doesn't have the time / brains to do a vid for you and is rather shy. { Doesn't count for the challenge, but thanks to him for the screens anyway. }

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Geek For This Useful Post:
    Cran (27th September 2011), KOTBIIAJIbTO (27th September 2011), LuckyYou (27th September 2011), rabetsu (27th September 2011), snale153 (27th September 2011), thebarron (4th October 2011), Timstertoo (27th September 2011), westerner (27th September 2011)

Nice..... but how you can get 128 out of a 5.05 race as roscommon i cant even dream to imagine... unless its inplay of course, nice results though.
    Edges are ten-a-penny, execution is everything

Read My FULL-TIME Racing Traders Blog Here!!
    T F YouTube

Default NO! We are not only winning!

Only green markets here. Looks like fake so I decided to put something red on!
    The odds of succes dramaticly improve with each attempt

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LuckyYou For This Useful Post:
    PesceLesso (27th September 2011), Timstertoo (29th September 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyYou View Post
    Only green markets here. Looks like fake so I decided to put something red on!

Just lay real madrid tonight and you will recover your loss.

Thanked 2,328 Times in 979 Posts

Though I still can not see the vid, the "Canis Majoris" title seems to be going to...

psychoff!!!

There definitely are a few sharks out there, not only modest storks like me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvfY8-3ktNA

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KOTBIIAJIbTO For This Useful Post:
    LuckyYou (27th September 2011), psychoff (28th September 2011)
    Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,061 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KOTBIIAJIbTO View Post
    Though I still can not see the vid, the "Canis Majoris" title seems to be going to...

psychoff!!!

I can watch it okay, I'm on Vista too!!

Anyways, I thwacked it on YouTube for ya:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii0S4DvuM4M

You might be missing Adobe 10 Flash Flasher Plug-In, or something similar....

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to doubleback For This Useful Post:
    KOTBIIAJIbTO (27th September 2011), lcredd (28th September 2011), psychoff (28th September 2011), thebarron (4th October 2011)

haven't actually used the account since last November... just a bite every now and then to test some Toy's functionalities.

http://www.screencast.com/t/2MM1yWssg6a6

pass: BeatTheHouse

32. The Following User Says Thank You to PesceLesso For This Useful Post:
    LuckyYou (29th September 2011)