Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself!

Virgin

Ah! The Geek himself!
    Thanks for your welcoming reply.

Thanks Temujin, Mickey Pearce, really appreciate it.

Smile

Hi all.

I have been betting for a number of years, but I have slowly realised that I am absolutely hopeless at it. I have lost more banks and amounts of money that I can care to remember. My stakes have always been a few small pounds, but over the years it disappoints me to see how much I have lost.

Last year, I stopped myself from betting for a good few months as I was tired and disheartened. Since then, I have spent time reading blogs, visiting online forums, watching videos, and reading ebooks and all sorts! The one thing that sparked an interest in me was trading, even though I didn't know anything about it or had even tried it.

I spent time trying different trading software that you could use with Betfair and just kept looking at the ladder screens to see what was happening. I still don't know to be honest. I have no idea why the prices go up or down, although I realise it's something to do with money!

A few days ago, I deposited a tiny amount of money from an old account into Betfair, so I can trade with minimum stakes. This is my trading bank and this is what I will be using to trade with.

Anyway, thats my ramble over

Thanked 7,703 Times in 2,130 Posts

Welcome to the madhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by redman View Post
    Hi all.

I have been betting for a number of years, but I have slowly realised that I am absolutely hopeless at it. I have lost more banks and amounts of money that I can care to remember. My stakes have always been a few small pounds, but over the years it disappoints me to see how much I have lost.

Last year, I stopped myself from betting for a good few months as I was tired and disheartened. Since then, I have spent time reading blogs, visiting online forums, watching videos, and reading ebooks and all sorts! The one thing that sparked an interest in me was trading, even though I didn't know anything about it or had even tried it.

I spent time trying different trading software that you could use with Betfair and just kept looking at the ladder screens to see what was happening. I still don't know to be honest. I have no idea why the prices go up or down, although I realise it's something to do with money!

A few days ago, I deposited a tiny amount of money from an old account into Betfair, so I can trade with minimum stakes. This is my trading bank and this is what I will be using to trade with.

Anyway, thats my ramble over
    Hi redman, and welcome.

If you're still not sure about why the prices move in a certain direction, maybe it's better to save your money...? Take your time and look to trade in a style that suits you. Understand what you're doing and why it's successful (or not!). If you don't succeed, resist the urge to move onto something else. Try and understand what's going wrong, what you can do about it, and persevere with what you're trying to achieve. Trading is about finding what works for you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to eggman For This Useful Post:
    redman (3rd October 2010)
    Virgin

Hi
    Im Henry from Southampton Uk.
    Just like to say congratulations to the Geek for a cracking product.
    Ive been on betfair for a couple of months and am keen to understand more about the horse racing price fluctuations (which currently seem to be run from my keyboard,as soon as I lay or bet anything the price flys away in the opposite direction at the speed of light)
    Congrats also too everyone on a very informative forum

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HenryH For This Useful Post:
    The Geek (3rd October 2010)

Hi guys..

Im new to the forum - and relatively new to betfair..

Got to say first impressions of The toy software seem really good - And id like to thank you for offering us such a great product

See you all around the boards!!!!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tinytuco For This Useful Post:
    The Geek (4th October 2010)
    Novice

Hello all,

i have been trying to forge some sort of potential career out of betfair for a while now, having read nigel paul's book and various blogs/forums etc. It wasn't until recently that i came across the geek's toy and i have been mightily impressed! i'm still at the very early stages, but have learnt a lot, and hope to continue learning so that i can make a go of this long term.

as like HenryH..

which currently seem to be run from my keyboard,as soon as I lay or bet anything the price flys away in the opposite direction at the speed of light
    that keeps happening to me too! i figured you were all watching for when i made a move..

peas

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jimsey For This Useful Post:
    The Geek (5th October 2010)

I too am a fresh faced newbie in town. Iv been trading for a few years in spare time & have experienced other API's. It was only 7 or 8 months ago I dicovered this wonderful toy & since then iv never went back to paying monthly API's. I have enough Direct Debits to pay for each month. Any how, after seeing the announcement regards signing up on forum to continue using TT i thought it best to come out from behind the curtain, so to speak. Im no expert at this trading malarky, im still learning. I would like to contribute some to the forum when I can but like I say, im sure there's plenty of people better equipt then me. But hey hoo, thats me saying hi to all & cheers to the geek for a wonderful product.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PistolC For This Useful Post:
    kawasaki (6th October 2010), The Geek (6th October 2010)

Default Hello

Thanks to The Geek for this excellent piece of software, as a developer myself I can appreciate the hard work that has gone into this and hope it continues to develop despite TG taking time out for now. Found TT accidentally through watching B@dger's videos on You Tube and finding some GT videos. Have been trading for 2 months now, increasing stakes from £2 to now using book tick profit staking of 20p which puts bets in from about £3 - £30. So far have done about 2,000 trades for a small profit of about £10, despite winning about 2/3rds of all trades, my losses are always much bigger than my gains. Also have same problem of placing bet and almost immediately odds fly off in opposite direction - I usually swear, wait hoping they come back, they jump again in wrong direction and I get out with big loss. That's enough from me for now.

Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,333 Posts

Thanks jibiko, pleased someone got Clash reference.

PRW

Boo and MF (just to name a few) are some well known punk rockers in here.
    But they keep a low profile, I think.

Novice

Hello all, I have been trading for a few years, or should I say mucking about on betfair - that said I am now making a steady drip of profits. I have trialed most of the other API's out there. I have messed around with the Toy a couple of times this year, but never really gave it 100%, but from now on i'm going to use it for my trading needs. It certainly is a great bit of kit and like many have stated before me, for it to be free in this day an age is a rarity and hats off to the geek for that . I look forward to what will hopefully be the icing on the cake with the charting/stop loss tools. Also to being part of the community here. Sports I trade are mainly football, and a bit of cricket - that's right don't touch the horses

Application Support Support Team's Avatar

Welcome to the forums. The Beta of version 1.1 shouldn't be too long now, just weeding out the bugs and adding in a few suggestions from the Alpha testers. Lets hope this will be icing enough for you.

Last edited by Support Team; 8th October 2010 at 10:27 PM.

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Support Team For This Useful Post:
    Chazzen (11th October 2010), CJG1979 (8th October 2010), Coisito (11th October 2010), duffer1 (9th October 2010), fil (9th October 2010), gmarodin (10th October 2010), Handy Andy (13th October 2010), jibiko (11th October 2010), KOTBIIAJIbTO (8th October 2010), sammike48 (9th October 2010), XenoMorph (8th October 2010)
    Novice

Looks like plenty of icing there, even a few cherries for good measure too looks superb, thanks.

Evenings all,

Is it me, or is this how the AA meetings start?

My name is duffer and I am a trader.

Anyhow, joking apart, I've been trading on and off for a couple of years now, and still haven't really mastered it. I haven't hammered my bank too much, but I've scared myself a couple of times and hence am back down to the level of being happy if I can consistently scratch a quid out of a race.

I've done footy, rugby, tennis and even a bit of cricket, but I mostly stick to the horses. I know there are a quite a few punters who've gone to trading, but at the moment I'm sort of heading the other way, or at least looking at a split strategy.

My proper job is in finance (it wasn't my fault, btw!) and I'm constantly trying to find a way of using some of those technical and statistical tools to give me the edge in racing or trading analysis. Haven't cracked it yet I'm afraid!

I'm really grateful for having TT to play with, and with all of the advice freely given here. I'm probably not much good as a trading resource, there are clearly others here with far greater knowledge and success, but I'll try to pitch in with the odd bit of technical advice where I can. I can probably offer a bit of insight into how credit scores work too, if you're really interested!

Cheers all,

duffer

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to duffer1 For This Useful Post:
    jibiko (10th October 2010), kawasaki (9th October 2010), TRADER68 (10th October 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by duffer1 View Post
    Evenings all,

Is it me, or is this how the AA meetings start?

My name is duffer and I am a trader.

It reminds me, the following song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wYNFfgrXTI

25. The Following User Says Thank You to jibiko For This Useful Post:
    duffer1 (11th October 2010)
    Virgin

Hi.
    I'm new to the forum. I'm from Portugal.

Been doing trading for quite some time, but I had to quit and decided to join.
    It's great for me that there is a thing such as geek cause this way I don't have to pay for a bot software to use it only a couple of times.

Virgin

Hello hope this forum is the place to be with regards to no bullsh** trading. It appears the toy is a nifty piece of software so look forward to trying it out . I may even contribute once i've reached a point I can offer something worthwhile.

Cheers for the free software.

Thanked 3,736 Times in 1,484 Posts

Hi kawalfa and vetro, welcome to the forum.

You may find some quite mad here, but we're all friendly.

Vetro, any contribution is worthwhile, just as your introduction was
    When I die and they lay me to rest,
    I'm gonna get pissed with Georgie Best

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Firkinelle For This Useful Post:
    vetro (11th October 2010)