Thread: Data mining application

Default Data mining application

Hi all,

I am writing a data mining applications for horse racing and was wondering where i would find the best available data for UK horse racing which i could download and add to my database.

I currently use timeform however their site is very slow and has had a few changes over the last 2-3 months which have caused my applicaiton some minor hiccups.

Preferably I would like an XML feed or something of that nature so i don't have to screen scrape however if that is not available in the UK then i will just have to work with whats available.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Director of Public Records Cran's Avatar
    Thanked 4,177 Times in 1,812 Posts

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cran For This Useful Post:
    ILikeBread (14th April 2011), kawasaki (13th April 2011)
    Director of Automated Solutions 1/4 of a millionaire fund's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeBread View Post
    Hi all,

I am writing a data mining applications for horse racing and was wondering where i would find the best available data for UK horse racing which i could download and add to my database.

I currently use timeform however their site is very slow and has had a few changes over the last 2-3 months which have caused my applicaiton some minor hiccups.

Preferably I would like an XML feed or something of that nature so i don't have to screen scrape however if that is not available in the UK then i will just have to work with whats available.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Depends what data you're actually looking for, have you looked at the data miner thread on the bdp site

http://forum.bdp.betfair.com/showthread.php?t=340

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1/4 of a millionaire fund For This Useful Post:
    Cran (13th April 2011), ILikeBread (14th April 2011)

Thanks guys
    http://www.horseracebase.com/ looks like it might have most of the info i require.

Surely all these places get there data from somewhere? I would love to have access to the source as i would imagine it would not change format very regularly.

In Australia all racing data is supplied by RISA which is - Racing Information Services Australia. Is there an equivalent for the UK and Irish racing?

Also Millionaire Fund, I had a look at that application however it looks like Betfair have stopped using JSON on their site which makes that tool effectivley usless. Plus the timeform site is wayyyy to slow.

"fracsoft".....masters tool

Novice

I think you can get some datas on this site:

http://www.ukhorseracing.co.uk/Archi...ts/default.asp