Thread: Horse Racing in OZ

Threaded View

Australia has some major concerns at the moment as the Chinese Government are upset with us for seeking an enquiry into where and how the corona virus emerged from. Seems to have hit a sensitive nerve, with China responding with an 80% tariff on our barley exports, plus its paying special attention to our beef exports, and now looking at how it can hurt us via other exports such as wine, coal and iron ore. Language from China has been anything other than diplomatic. Interesting days ahead as 30% of our total exports go to China.
    On the home front Australia has a death toll of just 100 from the virus. However our external borders and most of our internal borders are shut which is now creating some serious issues as we look at a return to normality. For example I am only allowed to have a maximum of 5 guests at my home at any time and I can only travel up to 150klm from home but cant stay away overnight. So I can travel to a beach at the Gold or Sunshine Coasts but rather than pitch a tent or stay in a motel I must hop back in my car and tootle off back to home. I cant drive or fly interstate unless I agree to be isolated for 14 days so its getting quite frustrating. Our Queensland Government have indicated we will be in this form of lockdown until at least September, so understandably we peasants are contemplating revolting. Tune in next week to find out if the peasants in Queensland are really revolting!!.
    On the punting side this week I have had just 9 bets for 4 winners, 1 second, 1 third and 3 unplaced. The strike rate of 44% is right on the money in terms of expectations.
    The early selections are below and these will be amended, altered etc etc as the late mail and scratchings are discovered.
    Good luck and please stay safe..

EAGLE FARM:
    R1 no 1 Tumbler Ridge 3rd
    R2 no 10 Thy Kingdom Come 2nd
    R5 no 13 Plenty Won $9.40
    R7 no 5 Kinane.......looks a good thing here! 3rd

RANDWICK:
    R1 no 2 Peltzer.. Won $4.20..no 7 Overlord is the danger 2nd
    R2 no 3 Tejori
    R3 no 5 Reinvest 2nd
    R4 no 8 New Arrangement 2nd
    R5 no 3 Coruscate Won $4.60
    R7 no 2 Enfleurage

FLEMINGTON:
    R1 no 7 Shepard....late mail suggests no 4 Yonkers has a chance here
    R2 no 1 Khoekhoe 2nd
    R3 no 5 Debt' n Deficit 3rd
    R5 no 1 Game Keeper Won $6
    R8 no 2 So Si Bon
    R9 no 1 Hilo

BELMONT PARK:
    R2 no 1 Charlton Eddie Won
    R3 no 3 Resortman Won
    R6 no 13 Showmanship Won $2.50
    R7 no 11 Black Ducati 3rd
    R8 no 7 Power of St George

LAY BETS:
    MR2 no 5 Immortal Love Won $4.30. Lay bet Lost
    MR4 no 12 Alra Oro Won $2.70. Lay Bet Lost
    BR9 no 4 Great Keppell Scr.

Cheers n Beers
    Last edited by Charles49; 23rd May 2020 at 09:42 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Charles49 For This Useful Post:
    PDC (22nd May 2020)