Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Toy is the Dog's Doodahs!

  1. #1
    Novice
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    24
    Thanks: 14
    Thanked 48 Times in 9 Posts

    Default Toy is the Dog's Doodahs!

    Just wanted to add a vote of thanks for a superb app.

    I've been trading horses for only a couple of months using Bet Devil and Bet Raider. Couldn't get on with the former and wasn't going to pay for the latter until I got the hang of the business. Consequently I missed valuable trades because of the slow updating of the free version, which meant I ended up with a zero bank balance!

    After a week of using the Toy I'm in profit every day, getting superb refresh rates, allowing me to bang in those vital trades, and I've found it gives me all the information clearly necessary to spot trading opportunities.

    Very well done and many thanks. BD and BR uninstalled!

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Squirrel For This Useful Post:
    jibiko (15th April 2010), Keefter (15th April 2010), Quo (15th April 2010), rockaren (15th April 2010), ron (15th April 2010), Thomson (15th April 2010)
  3. #2
    Support Team The Geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7,415
    Thanks: 319
    Thanked 7,680 Times in 2,118 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the write up. BD / ST will be very pleased by this one.

    It's been quite a while since somebody told me my baby kicks ass.

  4. #3
    Member Riggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    32
    Thanks: 20
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    I must say that i downloaded the Toy yesterday and was very impressed. Since i started trading i've always used Bet Raider but looking that the features i think i'll be switching. There is going to be a price increase for EVO use so you may see a few more users coming over.

    Is there going to be charge for future use of this tool ?.

  5. #4
    Support Team The Geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7,415
    Thanks: 319
    Thanked 7,680 Times in 2,118 Posts

    Default

    Guarenteed free for 2010. After that you will just have to wait and see.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    There is going to be a price increase for EVO use so you may see a few more users coming over.
    A price rise, where did you hear such a fable? Poor commercial judgement in my mind, but then that's ST for you.
    Last edited by The Geek; 15th April 2010 at 01:47 PM.

  6. #5
    Novice
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    24
    Thanks: 14
    Thanked 48 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Another profitable day today using the Toy. Thanks, The Geek.

    I always wondered why the Traders felt they had to charge for the use of Evo. Surely, they could simply use their own program and make all the money they wanted? But maybe the Traders organisation has expanded and now there are teams of programmers, graphic artists and advertising executives to pay. Pity!

    I'm not against paying for software, but I bet there are a lot of people in the same boat as me with no trading experience prior to using one of these programs. Therefore you don't want to risk large sums of money while you learn the ropes. Consequently, you don't make large profits in the early days. It's likely you'll even make a loss at the beginning until you learn from your mistakes. Therefore any ongoing charge to use the software is more of a loss.

    So I reckon if and when you do start charging for the Toy, it would be helpful to have something like a month's free trial to allow newbies get a feel for it, learn the rights and wrongs of trading, without putting their bank balance in jeopardy.

    I don't think the restricted speed free Nicko works. I lost heart in trading using it and thought it was my fault for not understanding the system. Having used the Toy I now know it was because Nicko didn't update fast enough to allow me to get effective trades in. Therefore I was never going to pay for the full speed version. And their free trial wasn't long enough for me to learn the ropes and properly assess the software.

    So thanks for rekindling my interest in trading and providing a program that blows the competition out of the water.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to The Squirrel For This Useful Post:
    Quo (17th April 2010)
  8. #6
    Forum Addict neeeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    463
    Thanks: 22
    Thanked 131 Times in 84 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post

    So I reckon if and when you do start charging for the Toy, it would be helpful to have something like a month's free trial to allow newbies get a feel for it, learn the rights and wrongs of trading, without putting their bank balance in jeopardy.

    .
    A years free trial not long enough for u ?

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to neeeel For This Useful Post:
    Scumbag trader (17th April 2010)
  10. #7
    Novice
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    24
    Thanks: 14
    Thanked 48 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neeeel View Post
    A years free trial not long enough for u ?
    Lol. Gerroff! The skinflints limit it to 7 days free now. From their website...

    Download and use the new Betraider Nickolution in full high-speed mode for free with our simple download process and get your free 7-day trial.
    Just enough time to lose every penny of my £40 trial bankroll!!

  11. #8
    Novice
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    24
    Thanks: 14
    Thanked 48 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Oh sorry, neeeel. I think I misunderstood you. You mean a year's free trial of the Toy?

    Oh yeah, that's fabulous! I was thinking of newbies in the future who use the Toy if and when they have to pay for it while learning the business.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to The Squirrel For This Useful Post:
    Scumbag trader (17th April 2010)
  13. #9
    Novice petecuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    13
    Thanks: 5
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    I too came over from ST after about 9-12months of use. HAnds up, I was initially drawn by the free price tag, as I was a monthly subscriber to RT, and I wasn't making enough money (consistently) to pay the subscription, so was looking for a more cost effective way to continue learning how to trade well.

    I agree with the previous poster that throttling the API rate for a 'free version' is not the way to build up a good customer base. I would suggest something like this: new subscribers get 6 months free, all features, all bells and whistles. After 6 months, you know whether tradining is something you want to keep persuing, or was a passing interest. Assuming you want to keep going, you are offered the choice of a subscription service to continue the full tool enabled, 'premium' edition of the Toy, a 'medium' edition with the most popular 2 or 3 tools etc enabled (for a significantly lower fee), or the basic edition which would be free forever but only really be the bare bones of a trading platform.

    In my opiunion, that then caters for the 3 'levels' of trader: the PRO/SERIOUS AMATEUR goes for the premium as it is their livelihood and £15pm from profits of £000's is a very reasonable price to pay as part of your business; the CASUAL AMATUER (who say trades at weekends, still has their 9-5, doesn't need all the features, can't justify the full price tag for a hobby/bit of fun) is happy to contribute to the costs of developing a great trading platform but not so much that they are wiping out their profits (so say £5pm); and the UNDECIDED/STILL LEARNING/CHEAPSKATE still has access to a great bit of kit, but the automatic bells and whistles that make life so much easier are not activated, but that's their choice (for £0pm).

    Just some thoughts...

    I am very impressed with The Toy, and haven't used ST properly ever since. I *was* very happy with RT... UNTIL I found The Toy...!

    Keep it up Geekster - we're all behind you. (Not in a threatening/mugging kind of way)

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to petecuff For This Useful Post:
    The Geek (22nd May 2010)
  15. #10
    Support Team The Geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7,415
    Thanks: 319
    Thanked 7,680 Times in 2,118 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by petecuff View Post
    I agree with the previous poster that throttling the API rate for a 'free version' is not the way to build up a good customer base.
    Neither is having a nag screen pop up, but they've added that now.

    Next they will add a coin meter.

  16. #11
    Forum Addict TRADER68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    427
    Thanks: 977
    Thanked 316 Times in 242 Posts

    Thumbs up Thanks

    I must state to begin that i am no big time trader.What i can say for sure is since using the toy my trading has stabalised.Mainly i believe because of the product i am using.I use simple methods and cant comment on advanced tools.I can however say for speed and consistancy the toy beats any other software i have come across.Along with this comes the input of others who will share what they have learned along the way,without shaking a money tin in front of you.No illusions of big green screens to tempt you here.
    Lots of mysteries surround the trading world, but not many people are that willing to give you the precence of their company unless at a price.Add to that customer service second to only the barmaid in my local .
    What else can you say thanks TG.and all the best for the future.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to TRADER68 For This Useful Post:
    The Geek (15th July 2010)
  18. #12
    Mr Poolside Caan Berry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,253
    Thanks: 687
    Thanked 763 Times in 414 Posts

    Default

    Well its all been said already but thought id pop in to say.. The toy is the nuts! been trading for a few months now with the help of the toy, i've not used any other software for trading on BF but thats because i really dont need to!! the toy has everything i need and a little more, along with the dedication of updates from the geek you simply couldnt ask for much more!! Other than keeping it free for that reason i think everyone should keep the site topped up on donations!! especially if your making money from its use!

  19. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    122
    Thanks: 41
    Thanked 58 Times in 34 Posts

    Default

    Could not agree more about the Toy being the mutts nuts. However, I'm guessing that most people reading the forum on this site will already be using it and will have discovered it's worth for themselves.

    I'm not a prolific poster either on here or on Betfair forum, but I do take the chance to plug the merits of the Toy on Betfair forum when the chance arises. There is currently a thread running on General Betting forum, called Bet Devil or Bet Trader? The good thing is that although the Toy is not mentioned in the title, it's pretty much taken over the thread. I've done my bit on there a few times and maybe some others could do similar, although think the message is getting through. (I use a different name on Betfair btw.)

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to AnyGreenIsGood For This Useful Post:
    Caan Berry (1st August 2010)
  21. #14
    Support Team The Geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7,415
    Thanks: 319
    Thanked 7,680 Times in 2,118 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnyGreenIsGood View Post
    I'm not a prolific poster either on here or on Betfair forum, but I do take the chance to plug the merits of the Toy on Betfair forum when the chance arises. There is currently a thread running on General Betting forum, called Bet Devil or Bet Trader? The good thing is that although the Toy is not mentioned in the title, it's pretty much taken over the thread. I've done my bit on there a few times and maybe some others could do similar, although think the message is getting through. (I use a different name on Betfair btw.)
    Now that's the kind of donation I love. Not only does it raise awareness, but it has the total added bonus of getting right up the noses of my 4 top fan club members.

  22. #15
    Support Team The Geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7,415
    Thanks: 319
    Thanked 7,680 Times in 2,118 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
    but it has the total added bonus of getting right up the noses of my 4 top fan club members.
    Speaking of which, know all's keeping a eye out to make sure I don't try to lure more in. Thought never crossed my mid.

    Still the fact that his infamy has spread this far into the nether must give him an ego boost.

  23. #16
    Forum Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    531
    Thanks: 342
    Thanked 309 Times in 198 Posts

    Default

    I'll donate items but tell me your address. Don't want to be returning you your own stuff.

  24. #17
    On the dole! The Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    some where - not sure exactly where though!
    Posts
    842
    Thanks: 437
    Thanked 293 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
    Speaking of which, know all's keeping a eye out to make sure I don't try to lure more in. Thought never crossed my mid.

    Still the fact that his infamy has spread this far into the nether must give him an ego boost.
    Who's know all?

  25. #18
    Support Team The Geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7,415
    Thanks: 319
    Thanked 7,680 Times in 2,118 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Who's know all?
    He's the resident software doomsayer on the Betfair forums.

    You can see him in action here.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to The Geek For This Useful Post:
    The Joker (5th August 2010)
  27. #19
    On the dole! The Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    some where - not sure exactly where though!
    Posts
    842
    Thanks: 437
    Thanked 293 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
    He's the resident software doomsayer on the Betfair forums.

    You can see him in action here.
    Wll He's a happy chap!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Talented Mavericks Limited
26 Buttercup Close
Corby
Northants
England
NN18 8LB

UK Company # 04872848
UK VAT # 887366268

Facebook TwitterYouTube



Betfair    Betdaq    VISA  Mastercard  American Express  Dinners Club  Discover  PayPal  Skrill