Thread: Betfair - New version 1.4z released

Default Betfair - New version 1.4z released

New release to fix hedge issue reported in 1.4y

You can download from here.

If you find any issues with the software, please report them in this forum.

As always, use small ( but not too small ) stakes to test at first.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The other Geek For This Useful Post:
    Firkinelle (1st July 2020), Grizz (30th June 2020), InvisibleLayer (30th June 2020)

Noticed on the market overview lines once they get to the end on the left they jump back in to this point as in the screenshot and then it keeps repeating, not noticed this until today. I cleared all files and installed again, its either the new beta or windows update 2004 build I did today. Can anyone check to see if the same issue? was set at 300 seconds and fine, streaming chart history is set right. Tried the chart range at 10 seconds it hits the end and then blank, so worse.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2020-07-02 195813.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	2524

Rolled back the windows 2004 update back to 1909. Resinstalled this Z version and its fine again.

Novice

Hi,
    Today new version crashed (froze) on me before just race started on short race with all balance bet ... due fast traders reaction I was able to start program again and exit position in-play. Just reporting something to look into. If it will happen again probably I will have to revert back to older version (very very annoyed by hedging but still better than losing all in). Have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleLayer View Post
    Rolled back the windows 2004 update back to 1909. Resinstalled this Z version and its fine again.
    Worked out it was due to changing the prices to 1000ms yesterday, works fine when set to a quicker refresh. Started up again when set to a 1 second refresh.

This version is freezing for me as well.

Novice

2nd freeze I got was after pressing to watch market video button. Can be that new horse racing video format is causing problem.

Hi dovj, I dont use any video but it freezes when I have open ladder. Maybe this correction for minimum bets affects it somehow.

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by valve View Post
    Hi dovj, I dont use any video but it freezes when I have open ladder. Maybe this correction for minimum bets affects it somehow.
    Hi, yes, you are right, got another freeze without clicking video button, probably was a coincidence last time. You get freeze only when doing betting? Or its just enough to have opened ladder? I am always doing scalping with tick offset near the start (tick offset with low stakes and Hedge checked), it might be something with minimum bets as you say. Freeze count : 3 . All of them happened around 00:00 time , near the off But still lucky not to loose these bets when markets gets in-play.

Seems to me it happen at random time. I have like 2 freezes for trading day. Once it happened just in 1st minute I opened ladder, next time just at the end of the day, and I think every time I had some unmatched bets placed. Maybe some small hedge bets are causing this as I use tick offset. So really strange and dangerous. I have to investigate further.

As you mentioned it freezes close to start of the race when you hedge, so this could really mean something with placing small bets.
    Last edited by valve; Yesterday at 01:13 PM. Reason: additional info

I think I know whats the cause of this freezing. As I have API status shown I can see new error message bet too small. This message is shown when I hedge with small bets manually (tick offset off). However, I dont see this message when tick offset is on. I am not a programmer, but could these 2 things (error message together with tick offset trying to place small bet) cause any kind of collision?

Novice

Got first freeze today, I took screenshot to share. Please see matched and unmatched stakes if any help of it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	freez.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	2525
    https://prnt.sc/tbt2d0
    For some reason my image is very small so added link to other service.