Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Betfair - New version 1.4x released

  1. #1
    Support Team The other Geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    690
    Thanks: 10
    Thanked 331 Times in 184 Posts

    Default Betfair - New version 1.4x released

    This release is to fix issues with min bets being rejected by betfair.


    Please NOTE, there are many price & size combinations that will no longer be allowed on the exchange.

    For example. No 0.01 GBP bets below odds of 1.8

    another example, 0.01 AUD is not allowed AT ALL, at any odds

    If you use a different currency, then the price & size combinations will be different, depending on betfair's exchange rate at the time.



    We have added a bet error message of "STAKE TOO SMALL" if you try and place ANY bet that will be rejected by betfair.





    If you find any issues with the software, please report them in this forum.

    As always, use small ( but not too small ) stakes to test at first.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The other Geek For This Useful Post:
    Bog (22nd June 2020), DarkHorse (22nd June 2020), InvisibleLayer (22nd June 2020), miklos7303 (22nd June 2020)
  3. #2
    Support Team The other Geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    690
    Thanks: 10
    Thanked 331 Times in 184 Posts

    Default

    And to add ...

    If you are reporting a bet issue other than the "STAKE TOO SMALL", make sure to include

    Back or lay
    At what odds you tried to place
    And what stake
    And what currency
    and the resulting issue

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The other Geek For This Useful Post:
    InvisibleLayer (22nd June 2020), miklos7303 (22nd June 2020)
  5. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    54
    Thanks: 71
    Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts

    Default

    Does this version need the .NET Framework 4.8?

    When I tried to install the updated version of the software yesterday before it was pulled it said I needed to update Framework as well which looked like a major operating system update.

  6. #4
    Support Team The other Geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    690
    Thanks: 10
    Thanked 331 Times in 184 Posts

    Default

    Yes, All new versions have moved to .Net 4.8.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to The other Geek For This Useful Post:
    PDC (22nd June 2020)
  8. #5
    Forum Addict Bog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    390
    Thanks: 111
    Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The other Geek View Post
    This release is to fix issues with min bets being rejected by betfair.
    ............

    As always, use small ( but not too small ) stakes to test at first.
    Cheers. No more issues for EUR currency.

    Quote Originally Posted by PDC View Post
    Does this version need the .NET Framework 4.8?

    When I tried to install the updated version of the software yesterday before it was pulled it said I needed to update Framework as well which looked like a major operating system update.
    Hi PDC. I also updated to .NET Framework 4.8, it took ~15-20 minutes + PC restart. I use Windows
    7

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bog For This Useful Post:
    PDC (22nd June 2020), valve (23rd June 2020)
  10. #6
    Forum Addict Bog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    390
    Thanks: 111
    Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The other Geek View Post
    And to add ...

    If you are reporting a bet issue other than the "STAKE TOO SMALL", make sure to include

    Back or lay
    At what odds you tried to place
    And what stake
    And what currency
    and the resulting issue
    Issues with liability 150 euro laying @ 110 and 120 odds. With 50 euro and 100 euro liability it's working. Also with 150 euro liability working @ 100 odds and above 120 odds


  11. #7
    Support Team The other Geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    690
    Thanks: 10
    Thanked 331 Times in 184 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bog View Post
    Issues with liability 150 euro laying @ 110 and 120 odds.
    Hard to tell, as the currency exchange rate is different this morning, but I think this is an issue betfair side.
    Those bets should be allowed according to the info betfair supplied us.

    I pointed out a similar issue to betfair yesterday,

    I could place a lay of 0.02 @ 1.4
    But a back of 0.02 @ 1.4 was rejected.

    They responded that something didn't look right their side and were investigating.


    From your picture, I can't see the market & API status window.
    You really want to keep it visible now, so you can see the error messages for these things.

    There are going to be a few price/size combo's that wont be accepted by betfair.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to The other Geek For This Useful Post:
    miklos7303 (24th June 2020)
  13. #8
    Novice Grizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    7
    Thanks: 1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Thanks mate. Appreciate it.

  14. #9
    Forum Addict Bog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    390
    Thanks: 111
    Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The other Geek View Post
    Hard to tell, as the currency exchange rate is different this morning, but I think this is an issue betfair side.
    Those bets should be allowed according to the info betfair supplied us.

    I pointed out a similar issue to betfair yesterday,

    I could place a lay of 0.02 @ 1.4
    But a back of 0.02 @ 1.4 was rejected.

    They responded that something didn't look right their side and were investigating.


    From your picture, I can't see the market & API status window.
    You really want to keep it visible now, so you can see the error messages for these things.

    There are going to be a few price/size combo's that wont be accepted by betfair.
    Market & API status window was in the center of the screen. This morning, same issue with odds 110 and 120 and 150 euro liability. Strange that if I set 100 or 50 euro liability, it's working...




    I activated "What if" to show the pay out for every odds. Working for 100 & 130, but not working for 110 & 120

  15. #10
    Support Team The other Geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    690
    Thanks: 10
    Thanked 331 Times in 184 Posts

    Default

    just heard back from betfair.

    They first told us we had to convert from local currency to GbP to test for unfair rounding.
    Now they are saying NOT to convert to GBP, but to test with local currency.

    Will require a new build.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to The other Geek For This Useful Post:
    Bog (23rd June 2020)
  17. #11
    Virgin
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks: 0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default New Version...

    Quote Originally Posted by The other Geek View Post
    just heard back from betfair.

    They first told us we had to convert from local currency to GbP to test for unfair rounding.
    Now they are saying NOT to convert to GBP, but to test with local currency.

    Will require a new build.
    So is the 1.4x also obsolete? When can we expect 1.4y?

  18. #12
    Support Team The other Geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    690
    Thanks: 10
    Thanked 331 Times in 184 Posts

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Talented Mavericks Limited
26 Buttercup Close
Corby
Northants
England
NN18 8LB

UK Company # 04872848
UK VAT # 887366268

Facebook TwitterYouTube



Betfair    Betdaq    VISA  Mastercard  American Express  Dinners Club  Discover  PayPal  Skrill