Thread: Ladders Seem Laggy and slow

Hybrid View

Novice

Default Ladders Seem Laggy and slow

Hi,

Is anyone else having issues with the ladders updating slow and sluggish? I'm using them for Pre Race Horses and when it gets to the final few minutes it seems to go almost in slow motion and jumps around

I've updated to the new w version but still the same, tried on 2 different PCs too which rules out my machine.

Thank you.

Hi. With demo or real money? Stream prices activated?

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Bog View Post
    Hi. With demo or real money? Stream prices activated?
    Hi There, with Real money, I'm not sure about Streaming prices, I havent enabled it, which option is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cookyweb View Post
    Hi There, with Real money, I'm not sure about Streaming prices, I havent enabled it, which option is that?
    Right click on main GT page ->Show/Hide -> Api Settings Manager -> right click on Api Setting Manager page -> select stream prices

After that you can select faster refresh rate. I have 50 or 100 ms. I uploaded a print screen with my settings

Without stream prices, you can't choose lower than 200 ms. You can increase "Max weighted calls per second" also if you want, but not too much.

Veteran

Seems to be lagging for me too! When prices start to move fast, feels like i see everything a bit too late!

Veteran

Also the ladder seems to freeze for a second quite often! Before the update didn't have any issues.

Novice

I've experienced similar issues over the last few days with the ladders regularly freezing for around a second before everything moves again. I've not updated so I suspect that this is a Betfair API issue.

I have had this issue but assumed it was just my connection. It isn't a new issue for me though. The ladder freezes but the Market & API Status window keeps updating, the API call times in that window are still updating, it is just the ladder stops updating. Lasts a second or two then goes back to normal. Happens several times a day usually.

In play or pre-race? In play, I also have freezing in some races,not all the time, but this issue it's old. The only "fix" I found it's to increase the max calls per second and not to have too many ladders opened because it will have to refresh more prices in the same time

Quote Originally Posted by PDC View Post
    I have had this issue but assumed it was just my connection. It isn't a new issue for me though. The ladder freezes but the Market & API Status window keeps updating, the API call times in that window are still updating, it is just the ladder stops updating. Lasts a second or two then goes back to normal. Happens several times a day usually.
    On the 1.4y version today froze a few times for 4-5 seconds before a Yarmouth race, seemed fine next race but wasn't watching closely. Then just first race at Limerick it for for about 5 seconds then updated the prices weirdly, showing in the wrong place. Turned streaming off and it fixed. Certainly problems with what Betfair have done looks like the same all trading software though?

This is killing me too - using the grid.
    Money does not appear in grid when you place wager and everything is lagged or stopped for short periods.
    Is this an Aussie API problem?