Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Last shot!

Veteran

Default Last shot!

Hello everyone!
    I wasn't sure if i want to make this thread but decided that it might help me to keep my consistency and to make it a little bit more fun maybe. and also because i like to read other people trading diaries.maybe there are some people that would like to read this.
    December was the best month ever for me in terms of trading profits, and i thought that my work is finally paying off, but then came january and everything turned and January is my worst month ever, and i have lost all my confidence and belief, but i don't want to give up just yet.
    I am giving myself last shot to get my shit together beacause i know that i am capable to be a profitable trader, i just have to keep my mind right and book some profits to slowly get my confidence back.
    I am mainly trading the pre race horse racing markets and a little bit of greyhounds. haven't traded greyhounds for like 2 months but i think that i should start trading them again. Will see how it goes i have no particular goal the goal is just to make profit week after week.i will start with a 100 eur bank today and will update daily or weekly.
    Sorry for the long post! Cheers!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ironmexx For This Useful Post:
    lcredd (25th January 2018)
    Veteran

So the first day is in the books! And it was a positive day, which i am very happy about.
    A big problem that i am noticing for example from yesterday is that in many markets i start to trade too early and make a 1-2 eur loss and then i have to earn it back to break eaven and then the profit is smaller for the market when it could have been almost two times biger. So the time frame in which i trade is something i have to be thinking about.
    I wanted to trade more greyhounds yesterday but felt tired after the horses so i only traded like 7 greyhound races, maybe i will trade more today.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rez.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	2366

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ironmexx For This Useful Post:
    lcredd (27th January 2018)
    Veteran

Today was not the most consistent day in the world for me, for some reason i just wasn't ''feeling'' the market and also was caught by some big spikes, in some markets the price swings were crazy, so i was hesitant and kind of scared to get involved, but atleast managed to book another green day, which is good!
    Also traded a bit more greyhounds after the horse racing, those markets also seem kinda crazy.
    Hope to have a better day on saturday,but i can never know how the saturdays will be for me sometimes they are good sometimes i make a complete mess. will see!

Name:	rez1.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	2367

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ironmexx For This Useful Post:
    lcredd (27th January 2018)
    Veteran

Saturday went pretty good, i thought that that i will make a bit more but i am still satisfied with the result, don't really know what more to say
    Greyhounds didn't go too well,the first market i traded i lost 7 eur so i didn't really want to trade anymore, so i only traded 8 markets.
    Very little horse racing on sunday so i don't expect to make too much, maybe will take a day off if the markets will have low liquidity and be very volatile.

Name:	rez3.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	2368

Veteran

So i made a big mistake yesterday! The day started pretty good but then in the 14:20 irish races i was watching the race and thought that i see a good opportunity to make a quick buck, i dont know if my video was delayed or something but what i saw in the video didnt match the price of the horse in play, i was thinking that the finish line is closer than it was so without really thinking about it i just started pressing buttons laying the horse that was running second as i thought that there is no way that he will make it, well i was wrong and took a nice -170 eur loss! So bassically i am break even since the start of this diary! Lesson learned,i will never do something like that again, the gain vs potential loss is just not worth it... I sometimes lay at smaller odds if i see a good opportuniti, but one of the rules i have is not to lay at the end of the race when it is close, i broke that rule and got burnt big time.
    You can see the replay here: http://www.attheraces.com/atrplayer, maybe someone can tell me their thougts on laying MOULIN A VENT in this situation, very dumb??

Name:	bad.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	2369

Thanked 1,261 Times in 651 Posts

Unlucky there mate. It looked booked for 3rd. Laying in the final couple of furlongs is very costly - I think it's where the track players have their biggest advantage. Moulin A Vent probably went from 50/1 to Evens in a few strides and to 1.01 not long after that.
    The big losses are what destroys a week or month's worth of disciplined trading. Stick to what you know. Winning £1 or £2 consistently soon adds up to a decent amount. Let the track players fight out the finish themselves.
    Thanks for thread - They're always a good read!
    Good luck.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lcredd For This Useful Post:
    ironmexx (31st January 2018)
    Veteran

After a little break I'm back at it today,the last day of the month and tomorrow starts a new month which i like because i can delete all of the mistakes of the prevouse month and put it in the past, but also remembering them to improve for the next month. Most important thing i will cut out is the laying in-play, they can give me some easy money but also some huge losses, which i cant handle mentally so i think that it is better to just cut that variable out, as max i can lose pre race if i really **** up is like 20-30 eur, and that can atleast be earned back in one day not like in play if i lose 170 i have to have a decent week to earn that back plus the hit on the traiding bank is big. And scalping for 1-2 eur per race is so much less stressful. Will see how i do, im feeling optimistic!

Veteran

Yesterday went pretty well. No big swings in the p&l, also was using quite small stakes, don't know if i would make more with bigger stakes? I would like to scalp with 100 stakes,if i can get two ticks on average per race that would be around 100 eur per day, i think once i get my bank up to about 500 that could be doable, but first i have to get there! I don't really mind making 40-50 eur per day concistently for 4 hours of work. Not so long ago i used to trade the greyhounds 50-60 markets per day to make around 25 eur, will se what happens the main thing is to not make a stupid mistake and destroy my bank.
    Greyhounds i only traded 6 markets, i would like to trade them a bit more for an extra 10 eur per day but right now i just dont have the time for it, so have to work with what i have.

Name:	result.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	2370

Novice

What stake size do you use on the horses?

Veteran

I would say that i mostly use 25-50 eur stakes but sometimes i use more but really never more than a 100, i dont feel comfortable with bigger stakes.

Veteran

Yesterday was a bit swingy, started with a bad 11 eur loss but after that it went pretty well, had a couple good back to lay trades. it looks like the markets are slowly becoming a bit better as January is over. maybe it's just in my head.
    Greyhounds didn't go too well, as my usual mistake when i start to trade is just jump in and start clicking buttons, the same happend in the horses and greyhounds lost 8 eur in the first race i traded. i just have to remeber to start trading slow and warm up and get used to the market.

Name:	02.02.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	2371

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ironmexx For This Useful Post:
    Bog (3rd February 2018)

You have good result on horses. Only pre race? You trade the favorite horse?

Veteran

Mostly pre race with a couple of back to lay trades in-play. i trade all the horses, wherever i see an opportunity to steal a tick!

Veteran

haven't posted for a while.. yesterday i decided to start a new challenge, since trading is not going too good for me in the horse racing, was left with a 22 eur bankroll.. i will trade greyhounds for a while, I was inspired by Bog, my current goal is to build a 100 eur bank and to withraw 100 eur!

Veteran

Day 1

First day was very important to start with a profit as my bank was very small, and i managed to make a good profit relative to my bank!

Markets traded: 74
    Profit: 25.14 eur
    Bank: 42.44 eur
    Withrawals: 5.00 eur

Name:	grey1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	2372

Veteran

Day 2

Today wasn't very good, had a fec bigger losing markets, but profit is a profit!

Markets traded: 66
    Profit: €17.87
    Bank: €60.22
    Withrawals: 0.00
    Total withdrawals: €5.00

Name:	grey2.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	2374
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grey2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	2373  

Quote Originally Posted by ironmexx View Post
    haven't posted for a while.. yesterday i decided to start a new challenge, since trading is not going too good for me in the horse racing, was left with a 22 eur bankroll.. i will trade greyhounds for a while, I was inspired by Bog, my current goal is to build a 100 eur bank and to withraw 100 eur!
    Good luck with your challenge! With patience and discipline, you can build your trading bank.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Bog For This Useful Post:
    ironmexx (14th February 2018)
    Veteran

Day 3

A very bad day, the day started very good, was up and then lost it all, then was up again , then i was down about 20 euros by the end of the day managed to get to break even, but i felt like i have to get some profit so i overstaked and couldn't get out so i had to take a very bad price to not go in play and i lost over 16 euros in one market, and then i lost 11 euros in another market, so eneded my day with a 26 eur loss..
    The lesson is that break even is not so bad, break even is much better than a loss, don't try to make a quick big profit in the last markets!

Markets traded: 83
    Profit: -€26.77
    Bank: €33.45

Name:	grey3.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	2377

Veteran

Day 4

Not a very good day, markets seemed unpredictable with alot of spikes and some fast big moves up and down, but atleast made a small profit.
    In one market i by accident pressed some button on the keyboard that layed a bet at a terrible price well before the start and i had to take a 5 eur loss, but other than that no big losses but also no profits.

Markets traded: 59
    Profit: €13.19
    Bank: €46.64

Name:	grey4.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	2378

Hang on in there, your bank will grow We all have bad days or days where nothing it's working. Greyhound markets are unpredictable. I try to remain calm and react fast, I don't want to wait too much on a losing trade, but have moments when I freeze also.

You managed to stay away from in play so it's a very big plus. I also overstake, but I try to avoid that and keep the same stake in every trade if I want to have good results. If I don't overstake in a profitable trade, than I need to not overstake in an losing trade also.