Thread: Betfair Video has no sound when played in AGT.

Veteran

Default Betfair Video has no sound when played in AGT.

Well the title says it all really. When I try and play the Betfair video from the icon within AGT, it opens find and plays fine - but in complete silence. If I open the Betfair website and open the video from there it looks exactly the same, but the sound plays fine.

This has been going on for a while now and my attemps at fault finding have hit a blank. Though I say it myself, I'm pretty good at fixing computer problems, but this one has me beat at the moment. (that doesn't mean it may not be a simple solution that I've just not thought of yet)

I'm running 1.4o (Beta) version of AGT on a computer running Windows 10 64 bit (Creators edition - Version 1703) and as far as I know, everything is up to date. The computer is fairly new (built it myself late last year) and is fairly powerful. Anything else needing sound works fine (YouTube, etc) and on the odd occasion I've used Bet365 to watch a live stream of something, that works fine.

Anyone got any suggestions? I've even tried fully deleting AGT and reinstalling it, but no different.

HELP!

Live video can be fickle, as it relies on IE11 and flash to work together correctly.

In theory, if you can watch ( and hear ) live video from the betfair website using IE11, then it should work in the software as well.

Veteran

Thank for the reply 'Other'.

Never use Internet Explorer, although I know it's still within Windows 10, albeit somewhat hidden away. I normally use Firefox for Betfair website and the video works fine on that. It always used to work fine from within AGT as well, until a few weeks ago, but it's not uttered a sound since then. Can't pinpoint anything that I did around that time which might have stopped it working.

Interesting that nobody else has reported the same issue, so that does rather point to the issue being within my computer rather than within the Toy - but annoyingly, I've not yet worked out what it could be. In my simple mind, it is just not logical that the same pop-up window has sound in one connection, but silence in another.

It's logical if you are using firefox to view the website, but the software is using IE11. You cant compare the two. Each browser has it's own flash installation.

Use the "open with internet explorer" menu from the windows 10 browser.

Veteran

Fixed it!

After playing around with IE and Flash Player and everything saying it was up to date, I found the problem. By right clicking on the video player windows you get a menu up. Clicked on 'settings' and the button for 'Audio output' and changed setting there to match what it should have been. Still strange it should have got different from the other player window - but who cares as it now works!!

Thanks for the help. It had been bugging me.