Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: 1k Challenge

out of interest... why do you trade basketball? never known it to be very popular. Are you a fan of the sport and know the teams well enough to form a strategy and opinion or working purely on the odds movements for scalping?

Quote Originally Posted by craigie_boy View Post
    out of interest... why do you trade basketball? never known it to be very popular. Are you a fan of the sport and know the teams well enough to form a strategy and opinion or working purely on the odds movements for scalping?
    Basketball in general it's a popular game but it's not that popular on betfair. In this markets you can't do much trading, maybe in NBA games where is more money. Rest of them are hard to trade because there is no liquidity, if I bet something, I usually stay with that bet until the end.

I don't know all teams, only NBA and some good euro teams, but I know in general how a basketball game it's played, there are a lot of factors you need to consider, like in football. In the past liquidity was much better, but now money moved in other sports. If you don't know much about basketball and how it's played, you should be careful.

Yesterday, I had 56 euro bet on a women basketball game that went OT and almost double OT , I wanted to exit in total points market and I couldn't because no liquidity... nobody matched my bet. I was lucky that the game ended and didn't go double overtime, my bet was on under total points.

Yesterday bets on basketball - http://i.imgur.com/jQywkSP.png

Most of them where on European Championship U20 Women, one game on NBA summer league, and one game on WNBA ( women NBA)

Stats Day 24

Greyhounds - 72 markets -> +43.02 e

Horse racing - 5 markets -> +2.41 e

Basketball - 3 markets -> +6.01

Total - +51.44

Greyhounds - http://i.imgur.com/CvV8M5R.png

Day 25 - July 12 2017

Challenge Starting Bank - 40,49 euro

Current Bank - 199.71 euro

Goal - 1000 euro bank

Total Withdrawals – 110 euro

Novice

How many hours do you trade per day?

Quote Originally Posted by gallyn View Post
    How many hours do you trade per day?
    I don't have a fixed number, depends on the day, if I have time I trade more. Usually more than 4-5 hours. And I take breaks also

Good day. I had a 24 e win this morning on dogs. My best trade so far on this markets, was a strange market, one dog was pulled out from the race and when the market opened again, money was flying all over the place.

Stats Day 25

Greyhounds - 60 markets -> +54.31 e

Basketball - 6 markets -> + 14.78 e

Total - +69.09

I made an 60 euro withdraw

Greyhounds - http://i.imgur.com/LRQpbia.png

Day 26 - July 13 2017

Current Bank - 208.80 euro

Goal - 1000 euro bank

Total Withdrawals – 170 euro

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bog For This Useful Post:
    lcredd (13th July 2017), valve (13th July 2017)

Is there in this world of trading a 'perfect' trader and a human not a robot? Or you can't be a perfect trader and a human in the same time? I saw a documentary about Wall Street trading and they where saying that the perfect traders are some powerful computers, all the major banks use it because computers don't have emotions and don't do decisions and mistakes based on emotions.

I know the correct way to trade, to accept losses, to stay calm, to not think at chasing losses, to have patient, losses are part of the game, BUT I still do some BAD mistakes, costly mistakes that take money from me, more money than initial loss. I should accept the fact that I would never be a ' perfect' trader.... and I will always do mistakes based on emotions. The bad part is that I will never be a good trader because of this mistakes.

I had a very good trade this morning on dogs, but instead of winning 15 euro I was caught in play, my SP bet was take it at a very bad price and the outsider won the race and I lost 10 euro. I knew I should stay calm, but I was angry and start chasing the loss. I went in play at horses and layed a horse, and after my lay that horse almost won the race, I exited with a 11 euro loss. After that I went at dogs, layed an outsider, and dog won the race. Another 32 euro loss

So from my initial 10 euro loss , I lose an extra 11 euro on horses + 32 on dogs. An 10 euro loss is now 53 euro loss

I recovered the 11 euro loss on horses and on dogs I risk it laying dogs to not win the race a total of 310 euro to recover 24.7 euro from that 32 euro loss

So for 10 euro loss I made chaos.....

I was a busy day yesterday. I stayed until late, there where some NBA summer league games and I traded a few US horse racing markets. Good results, but I need to reflect on the mistakes I made, If I can control what to do/think after a bad loss and stay calm, things will be better.

I Need to improve every day and learn new things. I would like to learn more about football trading and tennis, but a day should have 48 hours to have time

Stats Day 26

Greyhounds - 54 markets -> +26.96 e

Horses - 31 markets -> +28.38 e

Basketball - 5 markets -> + 43.87 e

Football - 4 markets - + 4.90 e

Total - +104.11 e

I made an 40 euro withdraw

Greyhounds - http://i.imgur.com/T2tLs0K.png

Horses - http://i.imgur.com/v4CeRhe.png

Day 27 - July 14 2017

Current Bank - 272.910 euro

Goal - 1000 euro bank

Total Withdrawals – 210 euro

Betfair just resetelled a basketball bet that I made last night and instead of winning 1 euro now I lost 56 euro. I don't know what happened, it was a wrong score and my bet is now lost. It's not the first time. It ruined my day. Now I have to correct the profit and loss. This is why is better to have live streaming. I'll consider yesterday with 104 euro profit, and calculate todays p & l with this 56 euro loss

Costly mistakes - > Red day ...

3 big losses. Dogs - for 2 euro loss I lost 37,55, and on horses in play I had on ladder 2 euro lay on a horse at 19 odds, that horse won the race and in one point money matched at 500 odds in play for that horse....

Stats Day 27

Greyhounds - 25 markets -> -22.38 e

Horses - 10 markets -> --33.30 e

BAsketball - 7 markets -> -45.58 e

Total - -101.26 e

I Made 20 euro withdraw

Day 28 - July 15 2017

Current Bank - 151.65 euro

Goal - 1000 euro bank

Total Withdrawals – 230 euro

Quote Originally Posted by Bog View Post
    Betfair just resetelled a basketball bet that I made last night and instead of winning 1 euro now I lost 56 euro. I don't know what happened, it was a wrong score and my bet is now lost. It's not the first time. It ruined my day. Now I have to correct the profit and loss. This is why is better to have live streaming. I'll consider yesterday with 104 euro profit, and calculate todays p & l with this 56 euro loss

that sucks happened to me few times on aussie racing betfair resettle bets and instead of +2 or 3 quids im down 15, ps fb blocked my account for a month so i cant reply there

Quote Originally Posted by Bog View Post
    Costly mistakes - > Red day ...

3 big losses. Dogs - for 2 euro loss I lost 37,55, and on horses in play I had on ladder 2 euro lay on a horse at 19 odds, that horse won the race and in one point money matched at 500 odds in play for that horse....

Stats Day 27

Greyhounds - 25 markets -> -22.38 e

Horses - 10 markets -> --33.30 e

BAsketball - 7 markets -> -45.58 e

Total - -101.26 e

I Made 20 euro withdraw
    Ouch! For horses and dogs are you actually trading out or simply laying selections in the hope they don't win? Trying to understand your strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by bmj1491 View Post
    that sucks happened to me few times on aussie racing betfair resettle bets and instead of +2 or 3 quids im down 15, ps fb blocked my account for a month so i cant reply there
    Yes. And they have rules that their live results are not official and they are not responsible for mistakes. I should have double checked the live score on that game. But when you bet live you don't have much time because opportunities come and go.

Quote Originally Posted by craigie_boy View Post
    Ouch! For horses and dogs are you actually trading out or simply laying selections in the hope they don't win? Trying to understand your strategy.
    I trade dogs markets 95% of the time, but I have my gambling moments ( which it's not good) when I don't like that I have a small loss like 2 euro and I go in play with laying a dog.....and if that dog wins instead of losing 2 euro I lose 37 euro, like yesterday loss. You should never be a gambler, be a trader and accept any loss like part of the game. But we are not robots and we do make mistakes unfortunately. Costly mistakes.

If you want to have success on dogs close every trade no matter what before the start, trade many markets because profit is small. Focus on higher odds, let the favorite for others, the profit is small when you use small stakes. If you use bigger stake you can trade the favorite also I suppose. Other advices I don't know, you need to experiment yourself. I'm watching videos on others that trade live on horses and I can't trade like them, I know how they trade, but everybody thinks and trade different and you can't learn from a video how a person thinks in that moment when he decide to enter the market. It's all about experience.

And for horses trading it's more about laying in play a horse that i think that will not win, but I'm done with that, I saw many horses that come from behind and win the race and they had odds above 100. I will avoid laying horses in UK markets and I will try to back first but will do only in test mode for now.

try b2l trading, backing with 15-20 stakes and taking 40-50% profit in play ie 8-10 quids. i been doing with okayish success it adds up around 30 quids/day

Quote Originally Posted by bmj1491 View Post
    try b2l trading, backing with 15-20 stakes and taking 40-50% profit in play ie 8-10 quids. i been doing with okayish success it adds up around 30 quids/day
    I'll make some tests. I tried in the past but I was more focused on laying....I was thinking just one horse can win the race. Do you accept full stake loss or try to minimize the loss and have stop loss? In play the prices are flying very fast, sometimes I think it's hard to match your stop loss also, it can drift very fast.