Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: 1k Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by MaoCat View Post
    Hey bog,

Hope everything is going well, you look like youre doing great so far. You've withdrawn enough for a months rent almost! (well would be for me anyway) Are you still trading pre race horses?
    Hi. I'm taking a little break from the challenge. My bank now is 180 and made 650 euro withdraws in total. For me it's not bad with a 40 euro starting bank. But I know there is room for improvement, I lost during the challenge at least 500 euro on mistakes.

I'm focused now to learn in play horses, and trade dogs only morning cards and evenings RPGTV races. Dogs are good to build a bank if you have patient and be careful not to go in play. Pre race horses I'm not trading for now, I'm more focused on in play trading. In play it's all about discipline and I still have to master it. I found some videos on yt, I know in theory how I should trade, but when you want to put it in practice it's a different game.

How it is your pre race trading? I started reading "Trading in the zone" by Mark Douglas. It's a good book for mindset

Challenge Update. I didn't have a good week, went in play on dogs, lost some money and my bank now is 170.

Progress Week 9 : 13 -19 August

Greyhound Racing - 298 markets - -75.71 e

Horse Racing - 32 markets - +28.47 e

Basketball - 3 markets - +5.85 e

Total - -41.39 e

Total withdrawals this week - 140 euro

First 9 weeks of the challenge
    w1 - +219.59
    w2 - +233.44
    w3 - -269.91
    w4 - +121.6
    w5 - +332.15
    w6 - -69.99
    w7 - +129.65
    w8 - +79.55
    w9 - -41.49

Total - + 734.69
    --------------------------------------------------------

Day 66 - August 22 2017

Challenge Starting Bank - 40,49 euro

Current Bank - 183.48 euro

Goal - 1000 euro bank

Total Withdrawals – 650 euro

I think I tried to trade dogs for about 2-3 months and just couldnt get the hang of it. With horses it has been a slightly linear curve with some techniques. With horses learning to notice things really helped me. Noticing price movements, slack in the book. For scalping developing quick thinking and reflexes is key. I'm still writing my essay, but in the mean time I have been also learning candle stick patterns which I'm hoping to incorporate, although I had my best trading run last time around with no graph at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lcredd View Post
    You're going to make mistakes every day - it's impossible not to, in my opinion. Results are looking steady though, that's a hard thing to do.
    Agreed. Mistakes will be inevitable. Focus on consistency, it always wins the race eventually...
    Edges are ten-a-penny, execution is everything

Read My FULL-TIME Racing Traders Blog Here!!
    T F YouTube

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Caan Berry For This Useful Post:
    Bog (28th August 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Caan Berry View Post
    Agreed. Mistakes will be inevitable. Focus on consistency, it always wins the race eventually...
    This I'm trying to do...focus on consitency, I understand that mistakes will be inevitable, but I think some mistakes based on emotions, hesitation, greed, lack of discipline etc can be avoided.

This graph with my progress since started this challenge I think it says best that I need to work on consistency, discipline and respecting the rules more.

71 days of ups and downs

I have 71 days since started this challenge.

55 winnig days with 1851.14 euro profit and 16 losing days with 1063.83 euro loss.

Losses are part of the game, I need to learn that, but most of the losses on dogs where made because I couldn't accept a small loss -> went in play and lost more and after that I chased the loss and lost even more.

And on horses I lost in play laying horses at big odds.

Most costly mistakes in trading for me: not accepting losses, going in play, chasing losses, laying big odds in play on horses. I lost also 56 euro on basketball because of an incorrect live score, another 38 euro loss on a basketball game that went double OT and I had a bet on unders and after that loss went on a footbal game from champions league and lost 70 euro on under goals....

There are many sports you cand trade and this sometime can distracts from your goal. I need to have discipline and stay only with the markets that I know I can make a profit. And this requires discipline

Now I changed my style a little after all this and I always have in my mind to back first. Most of the losses where made because of laying and not closing the loss. At least I know what I can lose with backing first, and I find that it's easier to hedge a loss. My bank now is 107 euro, I hope I can have some consistency.

Progress Week 9 : 20 -26 August

Not a good week. After losing 37 euro in a basketball game I chased that loss with a bet on a footbal game and lost another 70 euro. Again it proves how bad is to chase a loss.

On horses all trades are in play had some wins, had some losses but now i'm back to testing mode.

Greyhound Racing - 195 markets - +110.55 e

Horse Racing - 73 markets - +11.24 e

Basketball - 7 markets - -4.58 e

Footbal -1 market - -70 e

Total - +47.21

Total withdrawals this week - 70 euro

--------------------------------------------------------

Day 72 - August 28 2017

Challenge Starting Bank - 40,49 euro

Current Bank - 107.52 euro

Goal - 1000 euro bank

Total Withdrawals – 720 euro

Novice

Hey man,why you stoped your challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by adryan87 View Post
    Hey man,why you stoped your challenge?
    I didn't lost my bankroll, but the progress was too slow and I need it also to withdraw some money. I made over 1k euro in withdraws during this challenge from 40 euro bank, so it's possible to make profit with small bank. It's all about discipline, patience and try not to make too many mistakes.

Greyhound markets are a good place to trade with a small bank. Now I have only 50 euro in my account, I still trade the dogs and try to learn horses in play.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bog For This Useful Post:
    lcredd (16th November 2017), Morgans Choice (17th November 2017)