Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Betfair - New beta 1.4h released

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Wilf- View Post
    Hey ToG sometimes I get a MIN BET error which needs fixing because you can't green/red up with the button. I've never had that problem in previous versions.
    also having this problem when trying to red up at 1000.MIN BET ERROR.

This was put in to stop people trying to hedge below minimum bets when the price is at 1000.

If your hedge bet is going to be below the betfair min, then hedge before the prices get to 1000.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The other Geek View Post
    This was put in to stop people trying to hedge below minimum bets when the price is at 1000.

If your hedge bet is going to be below the betfair min, then hedge before the prices get to 1000.
    Does that mean it's out of your control and can't be fixed? As for the hedge before it gets to 1000 easier said than done as the prices move so fast.

Thanked 7,680 Times in 2,118 Posts

There is nothing to fix. When the price to back reaches 1000 and your hedge bet is below Betfair minimum (£2 or currency equivalent.), it is impossible to hedge correctly. Too many people were getting caught out by it placing £2 stakes when they wanted to hedge for a few pennies, hence why the block is there.

If you want to get round this, set your stake to £2 or currency equivalent and back the runner.

Veteran

it only works when there is no money to back and lay at 1000

Veteran

Been using Toy since 2010 and trading full time, now I was close to losing 400 because toy hanged at the start of the race, it also crashes when you try to open market which is already closed(no big deal though), it also hangs when there is non runner and market gets suspended. There is some work to be done mr Geek, this crash at Lingfield was quite surprise, never happened before, but I believe it has to do something with Suspended status

Veteran

thats it, getting seriously pissed off right now, what the **** ? had a shitload of Timeouts today while placing bet, and then it magically appears in the market, just lost 100 because of this shit, is this Betfair's fault or buggy as shit this version ?

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    thats it, getting seriously pissed off right now, what the **** ? had a shitload of Timeouts today while placing bet, and then it magically appears in the market, just lost 100 because of this shit, is this Betfair's fault or buggy as shit this version ?
    It sucks that you lost I know what you mean though because that happened to me, luckily I was quite a few ticks in the green and was scaling out my position I put a few closing trades in and nothing was happening then about 10 seconds later they appeared, but I lost a bit of my green by that point. It looked like a Betfair API issue to me rather than the toy.

Virgin

Hi there!

For the last couple of weeks, I have had some trouble logging in to my account. It has been a bit on/off, but now it seems consistent. As a danish user, I have to go through the NemID-login, and when I load the Geeks Toy, this is where my problem occurs. When trying to load the NemID-login-page, after a minute, I get the information that the navigation to the website is annulled.

I am not sure this has anything to do with this version of The Geeks Toy, though. I suspect the last Windows10-update has a role, but I could be mistaking. My PC is fully updated as are Java (no problems with other NemID logins), and I am running the latest 1.4h version of the Toy.

Any thoughts on the issue? Thanks!

since yesterday the graphs of price / volume stucks on loading, doesnt work anymore, any one?

Not loading graphs and the ladder works sometimes slow.

Novice

Graphics do not appear too

Just checked here, and the calls to betfair for the graphs are timing out.

Either betfair changed something, or the load from Ascot is causing them issues.