Thread: Betfair - New beta 1.4f released

Novice

hello
    Finally the geek toy wakes up
    I test and I would say
    I think its will be good

Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleLayer View Post
    Not showing with delay for me its rapidfire at 20ms. Crazy actually seeing what prices are missed inplay looking at the horses when switch back to 200ms!!

looked on task manager just and switching from 200ms to 20ms is a slight increase 2% on cpu. 200ms plenty fast enough for manual traders though pre events for me anyway.

I'd say backup your profiles remove everything and clean install as working well here. Windows 10, i3-6100T @3.20Ghz, 8GB ram.
    Sure you receive the prices with 20ms, however I do with 60-80 ms, you know what that means, Yes this is also crazy fast, but its too fast for the software - if you try to trade over there in-play you will see whats going on! When I get the prices with the 200 ms its much more systematic, 200 ms is receiving the information fast enough, don't need it faster. I need it more systematic and on a pieces as its easier for me absorb and apprehend it! And Yes sometimes slower is better - I am fine

Quote Originally Posted by syslik View Post
    Hello. Sorry for my English. I translate through Google translator. Are these APIs safe for me? Account will not be blocked?Attachment 2270
    if you have money in your account, you have no problem with api, you can chose whatever you like.
    if you have esa stream, no problem anyway.
    if you want to use api-ng, the old api, then you could chose maximum api-calls, so up to 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikol View Post
    Sure you receive the prices with 20ms, however I do with 60-80 ms, you know what that means, Yes this is also crazy fast, but its too fast for the software - if you try to trade over there in-play you will see whats going on! When I get the prices with the 200 ms its much more systematic, 200 ms is receiving the information fast enough, don't need it faster. I need it more systematic and on a pieces as its easier for me absorb and apprehend it! And Yes sometimes slower is better - I am fine
    maybe when able to drop the bets to a lower settings all fine, gonna seem different with prices set super low refresh but bets at 200ms?

Virgin

Quote Originally Posted by morselis View Post
    Yes i have Windows 10 and .Net 4.6.2 but i can't install new version of GT.
    Every time is same problem : Attachment 2269
    Geeks is working.
    I have delete TEMP in Users\Local.

Just wanted to say that I tried 1.4f this afternoon and all looked good - thanks Geek

7. The Following User Says Thank You to westerner For This Useful Post:
    InvisibleLayer (5th April 2017)
    Forum Addict

Default Problem with the Streaming Price showing in Ladder interface.

Now as I said I've made 4 screens in order to show how the ladder interface bugs after using of this "Streaming Prices" feature.
    The 1st 2 files show what is the normal distribution of the prices this colum: "Traded and available" is minimised and when its maximised. So 1st screen shows - "Streaming Prices" - OFF ; "Traded and available" - MINIMISED - the prices that are shown are ONLY 3 - the best 3 LAY PRICES + the best 3 BACK PRICES. The 2nd screns shows - "Streaming Prices" - OFF ; "Traded and available" - MAXIMISED - the prices that are shown are - ALL THE PRICES IN THE LAY COLUMN + ALL THE PRICES IN THE BACK COLUMN.
    Where the bug begins:
    3rd screen - "Streaming Prices" - ON ; "Traded and available" - MINIMISED - IT SHOWS 10 BEST LAY PRICES + 10 BEST BACK PRICES. IT must show only 3 LAY + 3 BACK PRICES BUT IT DOESN'T SHOW CORRECTLY!
    4rd screen - "Streaming Prices" - ON ; "Traded and available" - MAXIMISED - this is showing normal.
    Also when Streaming prices is ON - it shows only 1ms on the market and API status - its in red too.

So this problem bugs all the prices - when the "Streaming Prices" - ON no matter "Traded and available" - MINIMISED or MAXIMISED it slowing the showing of the bets, it doesn't shows correct prices sometimes and so on, and some other thing hapen which I can't indentify exactly, but this bugged after all.

My question is: how to make the "Traded and available" - MINIMISED column to show only 3 LAY + 3 BACK prices on "Streaming Prices" - ON?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stream P off - 1.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	2271   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stream P off - 2.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	2272   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Streaming P - ON - 1.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	2273   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Streaming P - ON - 2.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	2274  

Forum Addict

I'll upload the screens as a picture somewhere if its not clearly enough - but I think you can see it and get the point...

Novice

where geek to XP ?

Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
    We have to put this version out now due to some pressure from Betfair to reduce load for the Grand National on Saturday.
    So, we're forced to use BETA version of your product. Some folks reported very nasty bugs (like wrong hedge information) and lost their money. Who will refund our loses: betfair or your company?

Quote Originally Posted by art4-14 View Post
    where geek to XP ?
    no, you need win7.

Thanked 7,697 Times in 2,127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by napshnap View Post
    So, we're forced to use BETA version of your product. Some folks reported very nasty bugs (like wrong hedge information) and lost their money.
    This is an incremental beta that has been out on test for some months with issues that have been fixed as they have been reported in the various versions.

We have to put beta versions live at some point. Betfair needed us to migrate all users to the new version as it is significantly more efficient for both speed & data usage, and they were facing capacity issues that could have degraded the experience for all customers, or at worse taken the exchange down during the Grand National on Saturday.

If you have any issues with their new streaming functionality, you can always switch it off.

Thanked 2,539 Times in 516 Posts

I have successfully downloaded 1.4f for Betfair to my PC but having placed several SP bets this morning on checking back through the races the bets are not displayed and on clicking the Show/Hide the usual box which shows the sp bets placed is missing too.

Also in downloading to my back up laptop I get this error message :

Header Error Code OK
    Login Error Code API ERROR
    Minor Error Code Login Task-execute-exception
    NgErrorCode Error Code : The underlying connection was closed.:An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

I have uninstalled the Toy and re-installed but still the same...... Help!

Virgin

Quote Originally Posted by kingsley View Post
    I have successfully downloaded 1.4f for Betfair to my PC but having placed several SP bets this morning on checking back through the races the bets are not displayed and on clicking the Show/Hide the usual box which shows the sp bets placed is missing too.

Header Error Code OK
    NgErrorCode Error Code : The underlying connection was closed.:An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

I'm getting the exact same problem, I came here to post about it.

Header Error Code OK

You will need to use the betfair website to see sp bets at the moment, until we get something sorted with betfair.

An unexpected error occurred on a receive. This normally means you are using a no longer supported operating system.

If you are using Win 7 or above, make sure you have all updates & service packs installed.

Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
    or at worse taken the exchange down during the Grand National on Saturday.
    It's their ancient tradition to fkup things on Saturday.

So, where is switcher for streaming in this version?

Quote Originally Posted by napshnap View Post
    It's their ancient tradition to fkup things on Saturday.

So, where is switcher for streaming in this version?
    Right click API Settings Manager header:

Main Menu -> Show/Hide -> API Settings Manager

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkHorse For This Useful Post:
    napshnap (6th April 2017)
    Forum Addict

The version is stable enough, as long as the Streaming prices are off. Please make sure that this feature will be available and for next versions, don't let them remove the old market data loading...
    BTW I am not sure that even with the migration to the new/old API the exchange wont collapse Been there enough times on the Grand National already and we all know what hapens usually

Thanked 2,539 Times in 516 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The other Geek View Post
    You will need to use the betfair website to see sp bets at the moment, until we get something sorted with betfair.

An unexpected error occurred on a receive. This normally means you are using a no longer supported operating system.

If you are using Win 7 or above, make sure you have all updates & service packs installed.
    Understood re SP. This stand by laptop has Vista installed......does that mean despite The Toy working perfectly well yesterday 1.4f won't work with Vista

Edit : Unmatched SP bets now showing......cheers.
    2nd Edit ; no sooner said then they have gone again!!

Edit : Unmatched SP bets now showing......
    1) I can see the sp bets, and placing sp bets works, but have to see if always or not.

2) here is the bug from yesterday:
    first: hedged but missing a 0,01-stake-bet.
    second: hedged and an additional 0,01-stake-bet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	2277 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	2278