Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Betfair - New beta 1.4f released

Quote Originally Posted by morselis View Post
    I have this issue during start of Installation :
    "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

What I need doing and install new version of Geek Toy ?
    What version of windows are you using?

You need at least windows 7, and .Net 4.5

Forum Addict

No I didnt how to do thaty?

Quote Originally Posted by The other Geek View Post
    Not sure what you mean, but you can always turn "Stream Prices" off via the API Settings Manager menu.
    Also, where is the option? Can't see it on that menu

You need to right click on the "API Settings Manager" window, to get the menu

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The other Geek For This Useful Post:
    helplessone (5th April 2017), MrDanke (5th April 2017)

Like this ....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StremMenu.png 
Views:	334 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	2267

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The other Geek For This Useful Post:
    MrDanke (5th April 2017), Nikol (5th April 2017)
    Forum Addict

You need to right click on the "API Settings Manager" window, to get the menu
    I've turned off the stream prices and it looks its showing only the 3 prices back and lay when I minimise the "Traded and Available" coluimn. Would you please explain to me what exactly this "Stream Prices" doing ?

Novice

Cant seem to log in now- says Header Error Code :Ok Login Error Code : API ERROR minor Error Code :Login Task-execute -exception NgError Coderror Code : The underlying connection was closed :An unexpected error occurred on receive

Any ideas what I need to do to fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikol View Post
    I've turned off the stream prices and it looks its showing only the 3 prices back and lay when I minimise the "Traded and Available" coluimn. Would you please explain to me what exactly this "Stream Prices" doing ?
    Betfair have a new way of getting data from the exchange. It is called ESA Streaming.

Instead of your software "asking" for data every 200ms, betfair "push" the data to you whenever there is a change.

Quote Originally Posted by McQuade of Mount Vernon View Post
    The underlying connection was closed :An unexpected error occurred on receive
    This normally means that your windows operating system does not support the newer security protocals.

Anything older than windows 7, for example.

Novice

That makes sense still using Vista. So need to finally update OS or cant use !

Forum Addict

Betfair have a new way of getting data from the exchange. It is called ESA Streaming.

Instead of your software "asking" for data every 200ms, betfair "push" the data to you whenever there is a change.
    I don't know what's going on, however somethings not right! I can see that the prices really are going too fast, so fast that the software can not absorb this speed and its showing the prices with delay, maybe that hapens!. It was the same when betfair introduced API-NG years ago, there was big problems with it! I turned off the streaming prices and its better now! Botters would have even more advantage over the regular players like me now... Maybe courtsiders or the guys who gets the bookies feeds for the Horse racing will be faster too. However its bad for me... Unfair advantages all over the place. I'll be fine. You just make sure, that they (betfair) wont remove the older data receiving please. Tell them that the older is good for some people too!

Quote Originally Posted by McQuade of Mount Vernon View Post
    That makes sense still using Vista. So need to finally update OS or cant use !
    Makes sense, Microsoft is ending support for vista this month.

I don't know what's going on, however somethings not right! I can see that the prices really are going too fast, so fast that the software can not absorb this speed and its showing the prices with delay, maybe that hapens!. It was the same when betfair introduced API-NG years ago, there was big problems with it! I turned off the streaming prices and its better now! Botters would have even more advantage over the regular players like me now... Maybe courtsiders or the guys who gets the bookies feeds for the Horse racing will be faster too. However its bad for me... Unfair advantages all over the place. I'll be fine. You just make sure, that they (betfair) wont remove the older data receiving please. Tell them that the older is good for some people too!
    yes, there is something strange in displaying p+l in the column. I had shown a loss instead of a profit. And when I hedged a selection, this selection showed nevertheless 2 different results: a fix loss and at a certain point a fix profit, and both remained whatever I tried. however, I cant reproduce both things.

Quote Originally Posted by helplessone View Post
    yes, there is something strange in displaying p+l in the column. I had shown a loss instead of a profit. And when I hedged a selection, this selection showed nevertheless 2 different results: a fix loss and at a certain point a fix profit, and both remained whatever I tried. however, I cant reproduce both things.
    Send us your client ID via the Contact page, and I will check any error logs.

here is 1 error (its not very important but disturbs):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	2268  

Forum Addict

The Other Geek - I will make some screens later, for you to see whats wrong when the Streaming is on and off, where it affect the Traded and Available column... Cant do it right now cuz I am trading...

Virgin

What version of windows are you using?

You need at least windows 7, and .Net 4.5
    Yes i have Windows 10 and .Net 4.6.2 but i can't install new version of GT.
    Every time is same problem : Click image for larger version. 

Name:	installer_information.png 
Views:	93 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	2269

Not showing with delay for me its rapidfire at 20ms. Crazy actually seeing what prices are missed inplay looking at the horses when switch back to 200ms!!

looked on task manager just and switching from 200ms to 20ms is a slight increase 2% on cpu. 200ms plenty fast enough for manual traders though pre events for me anyway.

I'd say backup your profiles remove everything and clean install as working well here. Windows 10, i3-6100T @3.20Ghz, 8GB ram.

Virgin

Hello. Sorry for my English. I translate through Google translator. Are these APIs safe for me? Account will not be blocked?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Снимок.JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	2270

Veteran

when i click on the inplay coupon (football) and click a match why does it not bring the ladder up automatically now ?