Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Naps Competition January 2017

Forum Guru
    Thanked 1,338 Times in 1,264 Posts

NAP
    Higher ourt.
    E/W
    2.00 Southwell.

His sire Shamardal has a 40% strike rate with his progeny on the fibersand, and Higher Court may relish the surface on his fibersand debut today. Very lightly raced for a 9-y-o, having had only 11 starts and only 6 of them since moving from the US in 2013, so a possibility there may be still room for improvement even at his age. Showed the first signs of potential 2 starts back at Chelmsford over 7f, leading and only weakening and getting caught the final furlong and only beat 1 1/4 length. Took perhaps a backwards step 13 days ago at Kempton over 6f, but i will take a chance that the fibersand will bring out enough improvement to see him go close here. Looks well worth an each way investment on his fibersand debut today.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bibio2004 For This Useful Post:
    Cran (19th January 2017)
    Forum Guru

NAP
    White Royale.
    WIN

Her sire Speightstown has a 69% strike rate with his progeny here on the fibersand and White Royale ran a blinder on her only visit to Southwell over 6f back in November. It was in a Class 2 handicap off a mark of 76 and she only got beat 2 1/2 lengths, so in today's Class 5 handicap off a 10 lbs lower handicap mark with the aid of Lewis Edmunds 7 lbs claim must see her in here with an excellent chance. I think is this grade she will prove very tough to beat and looks worth an investment here today.
    To replace N/R

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bibio2004 For This Useful Post:
    Cran (19th January 2017)
    Veteran

NAP
    Tinos Tank
    EW

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wilf- For This Useful Post:
    Cran (19th January 2017)
    Forum Guru

NAP
    Tailor's Row.
    WIN
    5.45 Wolverhampton.

His sire Street Cry has a 45% strike rate with his progeny on the Tapeta surface here at Wolverhampton and Tailor's Row ran well here on his only start over the C/D and is sure to go better his second visit to the track today. Wasn't beaten far over the C/D in this grade and is running off a 2 lbs lower mark this time round and i see him having too much for his opposition here today. Looks the one to beat here today me thinks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bibio2004 For This Useful Post:
    Cran (20th January 2017)
    Veteran

NAP
    Moscow Calling
    WIN
    3:30 MUSSELBURGH

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wilf- For This Useful Post:
    Cran (20th January 2017)
    Forum Guru

NAP
    Broctune Papa Gio.
    E/W
    8.15 Newcastle.

His sire Tobougg has a 34% strike rate with his progeny on the Tapeta surface and although Broctune Papa Gio has run ok on the Tapeta thus far, he has just been coming up a little short. Connections perhaps hoping that the first time blinkers will enable to find what he's been lacking in his races so far, and are also taking 7 lbs off his back here with the very capable claimer Lewis Edmunds in the saddle. With the new headgear he will hopefully go close, and looks worth an each way investment here this evening.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bibio2004 For This Useful Post:
    Cran (21st January 2017)
    Forum Guru

NAP
    Heartbreak City.
    WIN
    3.10 Leopardstown.

On paper Heartbreak City looks the outstanding choice for this event today, winning 3 of his last 4 starts with his last run a head 2nd in the Group 1 Melbourne Cup. Where in the modern era the winner of the race has had an official rating of 115 plus, which would put Heartbreak City in the same ballpark, and therefor really well in here off his jumps handicap mark of 125. Has proven himself as a decent hurdler with an excellent win at the Galway Festival in July, and i would imagine a repeat of that performance would put him in the mix here, but with the form shown on the flat following that event i suspect he has improved quite a bit since. I suppose it would depend on whether connections are happy with the €59,000 pot here after picking up about €500,000 for their Melbourne Cup 2nd place ? If they are, then today's odds of 9/4 may look quite a big price at around 3.15pm this afternoon.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bibio2004 For This Useful Post:
    Cran (22nd January 2017)
    Veteran

NAP
    Awayinthewest
    EW

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Wilf- For This Useful Post:
    Cran (22nd January 2017)
    Veteran

NAP
    Maxed Out King
    WIN

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Wilf- For This Useful Post:
    Cran (Yesterday)
    Forum Guru

NAP
    Damo.
    WIN
    3.00 Wolverhampton.

His sire New Approach has a 28% strike rate with his progeny on the Tapeta here at Wolverhampton and Damo may relish this surface on his Tapeta debut today. It's quite possible that Damo's racecourse debut 9 days ago could have him absolutely spot on for this event today, and he just might give these a bit of a surprise here. The step up in trip looks a good move for him here, i can see him going well in this so i will have a few quid on him today.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Bibio2004 For This Useful Post:
    Cran (Yesterday)
    Forum Guru

NAP
    Royal Marskell.
    WIN
    3.40 Southwell.

Comes into this following a really decent effort in a Class 2 handicap on the Tapeta at Newcastle, which is his best performance on the Tapeta in his career thus far and an indication of his well being. 5 of his 6 wins on the all weather have come here at Southwell, 2 of them over the C/D, and the ease in grade to Class 3 company must see him in here with a chance. Looks worth a few quid here today me thinks.

Veteran

NAP
    Fly Home Harry
    WIN