Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Major bug? Incorrect figures and more

I think Betfair wont pay you back the money, it is just impossible to check all traders who lost the money by their fault. Only if you email to them

Seems ok again now. I'm keeping a copy of the market I'm trading open on Betfair though so I can cross-check the figures!

Forum Addict

it warsk ok for now

Forum Addict

Okay so what I can see is that these bets were placed and that if you are using an outside trader app then it has nothing to do with betfair, Unfortunately we will not be able to refund your money as these bets were placed by you.

They dont give a hist about us hehe

Only a small loss for me, but as The Geek says that he is working with Betfair, rather than risk it, I'm going to hold off until he gives the "all clear"

Forum Addict

Okay so what I can see is that these bets were placed and that if you are using an outside trader app then it has nothing to do with betfair, Unfortunately we will not be able to refund your money as these bets were placed by you

Veteran

they are not refunding shit, don't be naive, it's impossible to check if you lost by accident or by bad trade. Its an annual **** up by Betfair, nothing surprising, glad I saw this announcement pretty quickly so ended up with just -100(thought I am +250)

Virgin

Something weird is still going on with my account. They've added about 400$ to my account, like i won at Towcester 2-10, but couple minutes later they have taken money back.

Bloody hell who's side are some of you people on?

Patterns on losing markets will be the same - There will be a way of knowing.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by kezhman View Post
    Something weird is still going on with my account. They've added about 400$ to my account, like i won at Towcester 2-10, but couple minutes later they have taken money back.
    they are messing with us

I've DM'd them anyway. Awaiting a reponse.

This isn't ok yet - My tick offset is missing bets, then they are appearing like 20 seconds later after i have manually entered.

use at own risk.

here everything fine, also tick-offset is working fine for me.

Novice

Lost £50, tried calling and contacting bf by Chat but wasting my time I think. Does this kind of thing happen more than once a year?
    Last edited by gta2003; 15th December 2016 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Spelling

Novice

Any chanche Geek you could interceed with Betfair (Neil) for your customers? I message theme anyway, but I think you have more power to do this. It´s not your responsability but could be nice if you can do it. I lost in one race more than one week of hard trading.

Thanks in advance,

Cristóbal

Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by The other Geek View Post
    Just finished speaking with Neil at betfair.

They said they did make a change to the API this morning, and are now rolling it back because there is something not right there end.
    And after being so quick to shoot their mouth off.

Novice

To prevent this kind of problems they should inform users when they do some changes on API. When they do it we check it before work with high values

The geeks, can you suggest this?

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by cipfrias View Post
    Any chanche Geek you could interceed with Betfair (Neil) for your customers? I message theme anyway, but I think you have more power to do this. It´s not your responsability but could be nice if you can do it. I lost in one race more than one week of hard trading.

Thanks in advance,

Cristóbal
    The problem with Betfair being an exchange rather than a bookmaker is that you have lost, but they haven't won. Somebody else has your money, not Betfair.

Having been with Betfair for getting towards 15 years, I can tell you that they never say the fault is theirs. Issues like crashes, when you had money in the market, that you would quickly have hedged if the site hadn't crashed, used to be a more frequent problem than it is now, but even then, they would never offer any form of refund. (Although I always thought that was partly because the people employed on their helpdesk didn't understand the concept of trading themselves!)

Giving money back to customers doesn't pay the shareholders their dividends!!

Novice

Thanks for your answer, I know what you are talking about. Like trader i am newbie, only one year, but in gambling I have more than 10 years since now. It´s first time this happen to me, that´s the reason I am so dissapoiting. Anyway I read in their Twitter a response of them to Caan that if the problem were of Betfair they will refund the money. I think we could do a little more that only accept this situation.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Thanked 1,261 Times in 651 Posts

I think a refund of the first race traded, which cost me £40, is fair. Any trades I made after that I made at my own risk, knowing there was a problem.

Just to update you guys...

I raised a support ticket with Betfair yesterday regarding the problems I experienced with the API. I received a reply from Neil today who has refunded the losses that I can attribute to erratic API behaviour.

I'd advise putting together a respectful email (no ranting and raving!) stating the issues you experienced. It's also worthwhile stating what you've paid in PC charges and commission (if applicable) over the lifetime of your account as this may help your case.

To be fair, they did sort out the issues pretty quickly. Thanks to The Geek and his team for alerting Betfair to the problems and to those who queried the issue via Twitter (Caan - cheers buddy!).