Thread: Betfair & Bet365 live streaming issues

Novice

Default Betfair & Bet365 live streaming issues

Hello,

for my trading i'm using a VPN installed on an Amazon EC2 server, located in Ireland.
    The perfomance on BF is quite good, with negligible latency and excellent bandwidth.

Yet, sometimes I have an issue with the live video service offered by bookies like B365 or BF itself.

At peak hours (i.e. evenings in the weekend) the streaming is often broken and occasionally lags well behind actual live action.
    As weird as it may sounds, if I change my VPN selecting one i've in UK (that is in no way as good as Amazon, as performance or latency) the videos are fluid and "live" again.

The same problem happens if I load the same streaming with my "naked" connection (outside the UK but still very efficient on anything but those streamings).

So, apparently, having a UK address seems to make a difference - maybe the streaming video provider is giving traffic priority to UK, in case of heavy load? Just wondering...

Now, I'm would like to investigate further, before eventually switching to another VPS.

So I would like to know the name of this streaming service provider and eventually the address/location of its server.

Anybody can help?

Virgin

This could be an issue regarding the DNS servers that your Amazon EC2 VPN uses. I remember that on my old ISP, I had to switch the DNS servers to google public DNS servers, otherwise I would have the problems you described with streaming. When I used google servers all the problems went away.

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Nullusr View Post
    This could be an issue regarding the DNS servers that your Amazon EC2 VPN uses. I remember that on my old ISP, I had to switch the DNS servers to google public DNS servers, otherwise I would have the problems you described with streaming. When I used google servers all the problems went away.

Thank for the tip, mate.
    Now I've changed the dns servers of my instance, setting up 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Yet my OpenVPN server was already forcing Google DNS to every client connected and I had the same issues even when connecting directly, skipping Amazon altogether. Just using my UK VPN the streaming was fluid, for whatever reason.

But let's see what happens with the new settings.

Thank you.

When I try to watch betfair live streaming am getting the same result: I cant because of my location. Anybody with simple advice how to trick this restriction?

I'd imagine BF would tell you if you mail them, valve. Relates directly to their product But that's assuming you're accessing BF from a place that is fine to bet with them (and not via a VPS from elsewhere).
    Edges are ten-a-penny, execution is everything

Read My FULL-TIME Racing Traders Blog Here!!
    T F YouTube