Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Red Devils..United

Champions League.....CSKA away....
    United head into the game looking for their first away win in this season's tournament.
    They lost 2-1 at PSV Eindhoven in their opening group game before beating Wolfsburg 2-1 at Old Trafford.
    That result moved Van Gaal's side into second place, but all four teams are level on three points.

CSKA are unbeaten in the Russian Premier League this season and sit five points clear at the top of the table.
    Beaten by Wolfsburg in their opening Champions League group game, they then overcame PSV 3-2 at home.
    Ivory Coast striker Seydou Doumbia will be CSKA's main threat, having scored seven goals in his past seven matches.

If the momentum of the fantastic play in the Everton game can travel with us, I expect a win.

2.6 is best for that result but I'm on draw no bet at 1.84 Unibet …..

Thanked 1,261 Times in 651 Posts

Yeah a great performance against Everton, considering the humiliation at Arsenal. 1-1 away in Moscow is never too bad either.

The big one next. 14:05 on Sunday. Man City at home. I would love it if we beat them, love it!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lcredd For This Useful Post:
    Thomson (22nd October 2015)

A score draw away in the CL is never a bad result.
    Rooney's form is a worry though, he appears lack lustre at present. At least our destiny in this group is still in our hands. Nov 3rd CSKA come to our house which should play well for us.

Your right Icredd the derby game on Sunday, I fancy a win 3-2.... what do you think?????

Man U 2.7, X 3.5, Man C 2.9 currently.

I'm surprised 0-0 is only 13.5, I can see there being a few goals. Over 2.5 is high at 1.89 imo.

Man City's last 3 league games have had a total of 18 goals, Man U's 9 goals.

I think you can forgive the defeat to Arsenal; we started slow and were ruthlessly punished. The game was virtually over after 19 minutes. Apart from that game we are playing well. I agree about Rooney, he seems very sluggish. I didn't see the CSKA game, but against Everton he didn't look sharp, and his first touch and pace/acceleration/drive was shocking. Man City seem to be back to form too, but not quite as intimidating as is usually the case.

I think it could go either way. We might win 3-2, we might lose 1-4. Overs at 1.89 would be my bet.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lcredd For This Useful Post:
    Thomson (23rd October 2015)

That's why I don't bet on football. I thought Rooney was poor again.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lcredd For This Useful Post:
    Thomson (26th October 2015)

You weren't the only one thinking that would be a ding dong goal fest Icredd. I think the managers had a different idea.
    Rooney looks poor at present I agree, he appears to have lost his pace. On the other hand Martial has pace and more so maybe LVG can work something out.
    Palace play Citeh mid week, hope they get a bashing so we can stomp on em at the weekend. Arse go to the Swans house which is no given, bookies have Arse at 1.66 and us better than evens. For me that seems generous but who knows??..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Thomson For This Useful Post:
    lcredd (26th October 2015)

I watched MOTD thinking that Liverpool would beat Chelsea, 1.66 was too short for Arse but they'll probably win and Man U would struggle to another 0-0. I should have bet this week.

I'd like to see Martial up front and if Rooney has to play then he should be in midfield. De Gea is looking good, we just need some fire power.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lcredd For This Useful Post:
    Thomson (1st November 2015)

''We are Man United...We want to attack.''

Clear message there to our manager, let the defence defend and get the rest to get one more goal than the opposition …..

You could not make this up!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	2019

Someone should have checked...One job

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Thomson For This Useful Post:
    lcredd (3rd November 2015)

Useless...

Utd need some goals tonight.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to lcredd For This Useful Post:
    Thomson (4th November 2015)

Got the one we needed Icredd........Not very convincing was it.
    Fans were furious when Martial was subbed .... LVG needs to get this team to work together sooner than later.

I haven't seen any CL games yet, it's all on BT Sport now it seems. I checked the scores after an hour or so and had to laugh at 0-0. Defensively we seem fine; 4 clean sheets in the last 5 league games, as well as CL and in the cup. It's just going forward where we struggle, which shouldn't happen considering the players we have.

I'd prefer a more cavalier approach, like Real Madrid and Barcelona. We should set out to score 3 or 4 goals a game, and if we concede 2 or 3 so be it. At the moment, if we go a goal down we are in big trouble. It's not entertaining football either which frustrates the fans.
    I'd like to see Hernandez back, he's banging them in for Leverkusen, 7 goals in his last 5 games.

Results have gone our way recently. Blighted by injuries yesterday and we sneaked a win whilst our nearest foes did not, apart from Leicester that is. We take a trip to them next week and you would imagine we could win that one. However no recent performance fills me with confidence.

My 6.6 bet on the league win (post#2) has been laid off this AM at 5.1 leaving a £150 free bet in the market. Even with an easy run of games up to xmas I can't see the market favouring us very much even if we beat Leicester. Hopefully I'm wrong and we head the league and the betting come Boxing day night....

Merry Christmas everyone....

Been quiet in here lately, not even any haters jumping in rejoicing in our woeful performances.
    Perhaps nobody gives a damn....never mind good wishes to all at this time.

Found this on twater a while back, seemed harsh then but looks like a sound observation now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	2034

Anyway LVG says 'help yourselves to wine and mince pie' he's off to book a holiday in the sun.....

Thanked 3,736 Times in 1,484 Posts

Merry Christmas.

As an outsider, away from the football, I feel LVG is making a great club look foolish. He doesn't put things over very well and appears to have little sense of humour.
    When I die and they lay me to rest,
    I'm gonna get pissed with Georgie Best

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Firkinelle For This Useful Post:
    Thomson (24th December 2015)
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,257 Posts

Easy profits laying the silly sods. That Chelsea should oblige as well was unexpected but very welcome.

Merry Christmas !

West Wizard Kempton 1.25 Boxing Day

I am german and a fan of bayern since over 40 years. I remember very good the time of lvg at bayern and his behaviour as a trainer and his behaviour as a human being.
    trainer: at the beginning lvg is a good trainer to re-structure a team (but that was not necessary for manu); after that he is a very bad trainer: his philosophy to play football is old, antiques, defensive. far away from a new modern football.
    human being: he is unsympatic, dislikable, very arrogant, his hybris is infinite. do you know that his own adult children have to adress to him formally? in all teams at the end he had/has/will have grave problems with the players and with the press. that is no accident.
    when lvg became the new trainer of manu, I thought: oh, sorry for manu.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to helplessone For This Useful Post:
    Thomson (26th December 2015)
    Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,061 Posts

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to doubleback For This Useful Post:
    Firkinelle (29th December 2015), helplessone (12th February 2016), lcredd (28th December 2015), Thomson (28th December 2015)

Breaking news.......

Jose Mourinho has stated if he is not the United manager by the weekend he will take the offer to go into CBB house and if you want him you have to get him voted out.....