Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: tenner a day

Default tenner a day

Hello I'm fairly new to betfair trading this is my 3rd month in to market, was just trading in practice mode and did alright so I'm giving it a go using real money, going to put £150 in my account and try making tenner a day from Monday , I'll update this thread daily with p&l, hopefully I'll make it i'd appericiate any advice from pros

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bmj1491 For This Useful Post:
    Caan Berry (2nd March 2015), shadowninja (2nd March 2015)

Good luck !

Thank you

Oh I forgot to write that I've been paying more.attention to graphs lately and I've better understanding of graphs now, I try to lay at support level and back at resistance and doing.okay so far, how important the technical analysis is when trading betfair? Or should I just look how other horses price doing and take.it.from there?

Veteran

I always set a target id like to make each day but its not set in stone,if you reach your target and still feel good keep going and on the otherside if you feel its just not your day,stop theres always another day.

Quote Originally Posted by mixed trader View Post
    I always set a target id like to make each day but its not set in stone,if you reach your target and still feel good keep going and on the otherside if you feel its just not your day,stop theres always another day.
    I'll gladly take whatever I make mate tenner is just a nice number to work with that's why, if I make around 0.50£ a race I'll hit my target of tenner

Just saw caan's last video on youtube with low stakes.on tennis,think I'll give it a go using £2 stakes

Forum Addict

Which markets are you trading, Pete race horse racing is all about who has the biggest stake

Tennis can't be manipulated like that but you need big big balls to trade it

Quote Originally Posted by dvwooly View Post
    Which markets are you trading, Pete race horse racing is all about who has the biggest stake

Tennis can't be manipulated like that but you need big big balls to trade it
    Horse racing pre off markets, apart from.that I'll try out on tennis basketball and cricket as world cup 2015 is upon us

Forum Addict

Now is a good time to start tennis. Beginning of the season everyone is unsure about early season form and you can build up a picture of the players over the next couple of months on more of a level playing field

You must learn the players though

Not convinced by caans video, that market was nothing like a normal market. Sure that match was a challenger

Now is a good time to start tennis. Beginning of the season everyone is unsure about early season form and you can build up a picture of the players over the next couple of months on more of a level playing field

You must learn the players though

Not convinced by caans video, that market was nothing like a normal market. Sure that match was a challenger
    Price jumped from 1.13 to 1.18 in few seconds in that video, I'll surely keep an eye.on tennis

Forum Addict

I watched it

Observe the next 3 moves .... You'd be knackered over a decent period. I may be wrong but that my gut feel based on trying to win £1 and risking a significant amount more

Forum Addict

if you have been observing granollers v sijsling you will see the possibilities

I watched it

Observe the next 3 moves .... You'd be knackered over a decent period. I may be wrong but that my gut feel based on trying to win £1 and risking a significant amount more
    If you lay 20 at 1.13 you're risking £2.6 should it go 1.01 and you don't trade out yes it came crashing after caan was matched at 1.18

if you have been observing granollers v sijsling you will see the possibilities
    I tried to scalp serving when I was in practice mode but everytime player loses serv I'm looking at huge red

We have got one life to live why wait til Monday let's do this from.today, just.put £100 in betfair and aiming.to make fiver to tenner a.day first time going live mode.

First day of live mode and market isn't same as it used to be, was doing okay averaging 9-10£ a day in practice mode and live mode -0.47£ first day, not that bad roll on to Sunday

When I was in practice mode I was doing okay but as soon as I started using real money its a struggle -0.78£ for today, hopefully I'll improve soon

Others are a lot more experienced than me, but try looking at how many ticks you win/lose on each trade, and at what odds instead of the £ you win/lose and that will give you a better idea of how your going.

Quote Originally Posted by seanmould14 View Post
    Others are a lot more experienced than me, but try looking at how many ticks you win/lose on each trade, and at what odds instead of the £ you win/lose and that will give you a better idea of how your going.
    Last night I got 2 trades on a race right then I tried 3rd time and lost 4 ticks so overall I lost 2 ticks, think I need to be selective with races and how many times I hop in