Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 407

Thread: tenner a day

  1. #1
    Forum Addict bmj1491's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    310
    Thanks: 43
    Thanked 59 Times in 57 Posts

    Default tenner a day

    Hello I'm fairly new to betfair trading this is my 3rd month in to market, was just trading in practice mode and did alright so I'm giving it a go using real money, going to put £150 in my account and try making tenner a day from Monday , I'll update this thread daily with p&l, hopefully I'll make it i'd appericiate any advice from pros

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bmj1491 For This Useful Post:
    Caan Berry (2nd March 2015), shadowninja (2nd March 2015)
  3. #2
    Forum Addict rabetsuNEW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    262
    Thanks: 429
    Thanked 104 Times in 83 Posts

    Default

    Good luck !

  4. #3
    Forum Addict bmj1491's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    310
    Thanks: 43
    Thanked 59 Times in 57 Posts

    Default

    Thank you

  5. #4
    Forum Addict bmj1491's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    310
    Thanks: 43
    Thanked 59 Times in 57 Posts

    Default

    Oh I forgot to write that I've been paying more.attention to graphs lately and I've better understanding of graphs now, I try to lay at support level and back at resistance and doing.okay so far, how important the technical analysis is when trading betfair? Or should I just look how other horses price doing and take.it.from there?

  6. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    159
    Thanks: 1
    Thanked 46 Times in 42 Posts

    Default

    I always set a target id like to make each day but its not set in stone,if you reach your target and still feel good keep going and on the otherside if you feel its just not your day,stop theres always another day.

  7. #6
    Forum Addict bmj1491's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    310
    Thanks: 43
    Thanked 59 Times in 57 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mixed trader View Post
    I always set a target id like to make each day but its not set in stone,if you reach your target and still feel good keep going and on the otherside if you feel its just not your day,stop theres always another day.
    I'll gladly take whatever I make mate tenner is just a nice number to work with that's why, if I make around 0.50£ a race I'll hit my target of tenner

  8. #7
    Forum Addict bmj1491's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    310
    Thanks: 43
    Thanked 59 Times in 57 Posts

    Default

    Just saw caan's last video on youtube with low stakes.on tennis,think I'll give it a go using £2 stakes

  9. #8
    Forum Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    496
    Thanks: 70
    Thanked 156 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    Which markets are you trading, Pete race horse racing is all about who has the biggest stake

    Tennis can't be manipulated like that but you need big big balls to trade it

  10. #9
    Forum Addict bmj1491's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    310
    Thanks: 43
    Thanked 59 Times in 57 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dvwooly View Post
    Which markets are you trading, Pete race horse racing is all about who has the biggest stake

    Tennis can't be manipulated like that but you need big big balls to trade it
    Horse racing pre off markets, apart from.that I'll try out on tennis basketball and cricket as world cup 2015 is upon us

  11. #10
    Forum Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    496
    Thanks: 70
    Thanked 156 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    Now is a good time to start tennis. Beginning of the season everyone is unsure about early season form and you can build up a picture of the players over the next couple of months on more of a level playing field

    You must learn the players though

    Not convinced by caans video, that market was nothing like a normal market. Sure that match was a challenger

  12. #11
    Forum Addict bmj1491's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    310
    Thanks: 43
    Thanked 59 Times in 57 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dvwooly View Post
    Now is a good time to start tennis. Beginning of the season everyone is unsure about early season form and you can build up a picture of the players over the next couple of months on more of a level playing field

    You must learn the players though

    Not convinced by caans video, that market was nothing like a normal market. Sure that match was a challenger
    Price jumped from 1.13 to 1.18 in few seconds in that video, I'll surely keep an eye.on tennis

  13. #12
    Forum Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    496
    Thanks: 70
    Thanked 156 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    I watched it

    Observe the next 3 moves .... You'd be knackered over a decent period. I may be wrong but that my gut feel based on trying to win £1 and risking a significant amount more

  14. #13
    Forum Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    496
    Thanks: 70
    Thanked 156 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    if you have been observing granollers v sijsling you will see the possibilities

  15. #14
    Forum Addict bmj1491's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    310
    Thanks: 43
    Thanked 59 Times in 57 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dvwooly View Post
    I watched it

    Observe the next 3 moves .... You'd be knackered over a decent period. I may be wrong but that my gut feel based on trying to win £1 and risking a significant amount more
    If you lay 20 at 1.13 you're risking £2.6 should it go 1.01 and you don't trade out yes it came crashing after caan was matched at 1.18

  16. #15
    Forum Addict bmj1491's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    310
    Thanks: 43
    Thanked 59 Times in 57 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dvwooly View Post
    if you have been observing granollers v sijsling you will see the possibilities
    I tried to scalp serving when I was in practice mode but everytime player loses serv I'm looking at huge red

  17. #16
    Forum Addict bmj1491's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    310
    Thanks: 43
    Thanked 59 Times in 57 Posts

    Default

    We have got one life to live why wait til Monday let's do this from.today, just.put £100 in betfair and aiming.to make fiver to tenner a.day first time going live mode.

  18. #17
    Forum Addict bmj1491's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    310
    Thanks: 43
    Thanked 59 Times in 57 Posts

    Default

    First day of live mode and market isn't same as it used to be, was doing okay averaging 9-10£ a day in practice mode and live mode -0.47£ first day, not that bad roll on to Sunday

  19. #18
    Forum Addict bmj1491's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    310
    Thanks: 43
    Thanked 59 Times in 57 Posts

    Default

    When I was in practice mode I was doing okay but as soon as I started using real money its a struggle -0.78£ for today, hopefully I'll improve soon

  20. #19
    Veteran seanmould14's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    119
    Thanks: 102
    Thanked 49 Times in 35 Posts

    Default

    Others are a lot more experienced than me, but try looking at how many ticks you win/lose on each trade, and at what odds instead of the £ you win/lose and that will give you a better idea of how your going.

  21. #20
    Forum Addict bmj1491's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    310
    Thanks: 43
    Thanked 59 Times in 57 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seanmould14 View Post
    Others are a lot more experienced than me, but try looking at how many ticks you win/lose on each trade, and at what odds instead of the £ you win/lose and that will give you a better idea of how your going.
    Last night I got 2 trades on a race right then I tried 3rd time and lost 4 ticks so overall I lost 2 ticks, think I need to be selective with races and how many times I hop in

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Talented Mavericks Limited
26 Buttercup Close
Corby
Northants
England
NN18 8LB

UK Company # 04872848
UK VAT # 887366268

Facebook TwitterYouTube



Betfair    Betdaq    VISA  Mastercard  American Express  Dinners Club  Discover  PayPal  Skrill