Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Geeks Toy for Matchbook.com general discussion thread.

Australian Cultural Attaché
    Thanked 1,257 Times in 615 Posts

If you read through the thread, you will see they are offering up 3% net win accounts. Worth reading the full thread.

Hi all,

As you know, I can't comment on individual cases, but just want to say that customer balances, in a case like this, would never be held by us and are free to be withdrawn as long as the account is fully verified.

Thanks,

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing View Post
    Hi;

I'm trying this new exchange site with geeks, and, at the end, i'm paying more charges then betfair, about 25%/40% of the final profit.

With that 1% on all bets obviously the "big traders" will never change from betfair.

Geeks why you don't build the program for WBX or smarkets? I dont talk about betdaq because is already out of my country.
    If it's possible just tell me the price and I purchase from you to this others exchanges company's.

Best regards
    Hi Boeing,

Drop us a mail on geekstoy @ matchbook.com and we'll set you up with a net win account to try it out.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanked 7,703 Times in 2,130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing View Post
    Geeks why you don't build the program for WBX or smarkets? I dont talk about betdaq because is already out of my country.

Best regards
    With the other exchanges it's simply a case of time & money, as for us to adapt GT for a new exchange costs £25k+.

Even if we were certain we would get a return in excess of that { which we don't based on the current status quo }, we are fully committed development wise for a number of months.

I read this thread only now, and want to give a late response. We all desperately want a serious competitor to Betfair. Here is a good candidate, and what we do? We know nothing better than speaking badly, even if it's not appropriate. It seems to me we love-hate Betfair and are not really ready to let it go.

I try to sort one or two things out. The worst is the behaviour of JwalkerCH, and that he gets support from the community.

A betting exchange that wants to have a great number of bettors, including the occasional bettors, must maintain a fair market for everybody. I appreciate every attempt to do that. In live soccer, the time delay helps a lot. In live tennis without delay time, the exchange MUST look into betting patterns. Inevitably, also a few fair traders will be under investigation, suffering some inconvenience. We must accept that. Not the exchange is to blame for the inconvenience, the cheaters are to blame. If a fair trader gets under investigation, he must hold up his fairness and explain his betting pattern in detail and/or change his pattern in a way that no suspicion remains. This is the price we all have to pay for the cheaters.

JwalkerCH hijacked this thread for his case. He made heavy accusations against Matchbook. He tried to chase away people from Matchbook. He claimed to be so smart that he could stop courtside activity in one day... Yet he had no idea why he was under investigation. Poor guy... He claimed Matchbook did not tell him. He had been asked to explain his betting behaviour in a specific market. Still he has no idea... And he gives NO serious answer! But still heavy accusations, even threatening with lawyers... Oh yeah, of course the mail with the precise accusation went into spam... And what did this guy do after finding out (probably with a friendly hint from Matchbook)? Did he apologize for his false accusations (no information from Matchbook)? NO. Instead, he went on repeating the false accusations... So much about his character. BTW cheating usually goes hand in hand with laying.

If Matchbook just didn't find enough evidence so far in his betting pattern to claim an unfair advantage and/or outright cheating, then they might very well find the missing evidence right here in this thread. He could easily lose at least the money he won with the dubious betting pattern. And he could in some way being held accountable for the damage and loss of company reputation.

The professional behaviour of Matchbook in this case is actually a Plus for this exchange. Nevertheless, I think the postings of JwalkerCH should be deleted.

Let's give Matchbook a fair chance!

Default Matchbook is great for many traders!

Several times I have read things like "matchbook is useless for traders". That's completely wrong for the majority of traders! This forum is full of "high frequency" traders (similar to day traders in the stock exchange). They need the fastest software, so naturally they meet in the GeeksToy Forum. Therefore, there is a lot of knowledge in here. On the other side, these traders often forget that there are other ways of trading than their own.

Commission example: winning 100 € + losing 100 € with straight bets or 2-way trading:
    - Betfair basic commission: 5 €
    - Matchbook commission: 1-2 €
    i.e. 1.2 €, 1 € for winning 100€, 0.2 € if you lose a 20 € bet @6.0,
    or 2 €, 1 € for winning 100 € + 1 € if you lose a 200 € bet @0.5

Within these 1-2 € a 2-way trade is already included. This 2-way trade can split up into many single bets. Then, between 1-2 € and 5 € there is a lot of room for more trading. For me and many other traders the current commission model is just great! (3% net win is probably more expensive for most people, but still fine.)

Only for a minority of all traders (even in this forum) the current system does not work. I just ask them to be fair and not to make general "trader" claims that are not true.

Default questions to Matchbook

My questions to Matchbook:

1) Are winners welcome?

2) If one day you would encounter a situation similar to the one Betfair claimed: The most successful traders take money out of the system so quick, that this money generates very little commission. To replace this money by acquiring new customers is much more expensive than the income from the commission.
    - Could Matchbook also get into such a situation?
    - What options would you consider in that case? Would something like the premium charge ever be an option?
    - Is the current commission model an effort to keep successful "high frequency" traders away?

Quote Originally Posted by nevermind View Post
    My questions to Matchbook:

1) Are winners welcome?

2) If one day you would encounter a situation similar to the one Betfair claimed: The most successful traders take money out of the system so quick, that this money generates very little commission. To replace this money by acquiring new customers is much more expensive than the income from the commission.
    - Could Matchbook also get into such a situation?
    - What options would you consider in that case? Would something like the premium charge ever be an option?
    - Is the current commission model an effort to keep successful "high frequency" traders away?
    Hi nevermind,

Yes, absolutely, winners are welcome.

Matchbook will never consider the Premium Charge,

The current model is not designed to keep any particular type of user away. It is the model upon which we have built the liquidity pool, and the business and we believe that in the majority of cases it is the correct commission model.

That said, as you'll have seen in earlier posts, we are exploring all options available to us, in terms of expanding our customer base as much as possible.

This is not to say we'll introduce a net win rate long term, but we are going to explore all options.

Let me know if you have any more questions on it.

Thanks,

Mike

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matchbook For This Useful Post:
    nevermind (23rd February 2015), Temujin (24th February 2015)
    Novice

Hi Mark, first of all I am really glad to hear about a possible serious competitor to Betfair. I only have two questions.

1- Liquidity it´s hughe. Is there any money in markets of Matchbook instead of customers?

2- I see that only since QF you can trade in play in tennis markets. Any chance in the future that we can go in play in the first rounds?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Cristóbal

Hi Cristóbal,

1 - Matchbook does not post offers or make markets on the site - we do have relationships in place with a lot of the big liquidity providers though

2 - Yes, very soon hopefully. We are adding new sports/leagues and live markets all the time and tennis is a big focus for us at the moment. We will launch games in earlier rounds, once we have guaranteed liquidity for them.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Mike

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Matchbook For This Useful Post:
    cipfrias (24th February 2015)

Greetings MB,
    After Bet(un)fair put Premium Charge on my account, i turned to other sport exchanges, one of the best alternatives for me was Matchbook, who are now available with Geeks Toy- that's awesome. I just miss 2 things on MB- horse racing pre-match and in-play.

Are you considering to add these markets to offer in near future?

Regards,
    David

Hi David,

We are - it's something we're working on at the moment. We hope to have it available this year, but probably towards the end of the year.

Thanks,

Mike

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Matchbook For This Useful Post:
    nin33ch (13th March 2015)

Site Closure Notice

Monday, 16th March 2015

WBX will close its betting exchange ("The Exchange") effective 17:00 (GMT) on 16/03/15. Although betting will be suspended, Members will still be able to log in to withdraw their funds and to see their balances and unsettled bets. WBXMail will also remain operational. All long-term markets will be settled in the normal way, when results are known. Our Member Services Team will continue to provide support and are available from Monday - Friday, 0900 - 1700 GMT.

A note from the CEO, Malcolm Gray:

To our loyal members and affiliates,

I have always taken a long view with WBX and believed that we'd become a genuine alternative to Betfair on the strengths of our great platform and commitment to putting every exchange player back in control. Unfortunately the business strategy is no longer viable due to the rising costs of regulatory compliance and levies in the United Kingdom, along with the increasingly prohibitive stance of various betting jurisdictions.

Though I am of course disappointed that WBX is closing, I am proud of my team and the fairness in which the exchange has operated for almost 10 years. Please rest assured that WBX will continue to service its Members and affiliates in the same spirit during the wind-down period.

Thank you for your support.

So an opportunity or a warning......views.???

Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,257 Posts

Gambling, particularly on horse racing is in serious decline.This means that there will be less competition among bookmakers and punters will be facing a "take it or leave it" scenario. The bookies will do as they wish. A couple of us here predicted the demise of Betfair as an exchange a couple of years ago and it seems we were correct. The exchange is going to be marginalised as the sports betting side of the business grows. I realised that there was an element of selfishness when I made my prediction as my gambling/trading days are numbered and I will have finished completely in about 14 months when I leave the UK for ever. Nevertheless, it was clear to me that trading was in decline for a number of reasons and my prediction was based on hard facts rather than any personal feelings.

I feel sorry for those who have relied on trading and for the newcomers who would like to try to make money. I can say in all honesty that I don't think I will miss Betfair one little bit when I finish. I suspect that a great many present members of this forum, and certainly many past members, have become progressively "pissed off" with how things have changed. As my old man used to say, "nothing is forever".

Greetings again,

This time i have few questions regarding account security at Matchbook.
    Is it possible somehow to view recent logins history (with provided list of used IP for each session)?
    Also if someone tries to login unsuccessfully in to account by just guessing passwords, would the owner of this account be warned about attempt to hack his account by email or phone number? In this case, would account be temporary blocked? Or any other security measures would be applied?

Regards,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by nin33ch View Post
    Greetings again,

This time i have few questions regarding account security at Matchbook.
    Is it possible somehow to view recent logins history (with provided list of used IP for each session)?
    Also if someone tries to login unsuccessfully in to account by just guessing passwords, would the owner of this account be warned about attempt to hack his account by email or phone number? In this case, would account be temporary blocked? Or any other security measures would be applied?

Regards,
    David
    Hi David,

It's not possible to get the login history in your account at the moment, but if you contact our customer service team they can provide it for you.

Unfortunately, the other security measures you are asking about are not in place at the moment, but security is obviously hugely important to us and this is an area that we are constantly looking at improving.

If you have any more questions, just let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

Anyone else having trouble with placing bets on matchbook recently?

Hi nin33ch,

We have no other reports of issues on customer accounts - can you contact our Customer Service team and get them to assist you?

Thanks,

Mike

Yeah, i contacted them, they told me that from now my account will be locked. Didn't received no warning before that, nothing. Also friendly guy from support told me, that i'm unavailable to withdraw my winnings and i am under "investigation". Very nice matchook.. I was running away from bookmakers that limit players but seems it's only Betfair who treats their customers with respect...

"Thank you for contacting us.

We are unable to comment on this at present. Our Risk and Compliance Department will be in contact with you in due course.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us"

So it's like, we can not answer any questions, while you are under investigation, but you can always ask more questions...

Hilarious...

Virgin

Dear Matchbook;

Are you sure that winners are welcome to matchbook ?

I have been trading with you for almost 2 months with 100% satisfaction until today, now, I think I'm facing the same problem as "JwalkerCH".

Because my "testing time" was done, yesterday, I used larger stakes and today when I'm trying to login I receive the error " account locked" without any warning from you.
    Last month you upgraded me as a VIP user, so, this doesn't makes any sense at all. If you block the big traders you will never had the small traders also because the big ones brings the small/medium ones, don't you get this?

Regards