Thread: 100% bank - insufficient funds error

Hello Geek.

There's a small annoying bug for me. I scalp in play and I always use 100% of the bank. So I often use the option Bank -> 100% when defining the stake in the ladder. In the old API always worked well, but now I usually get the "insufficient balance" error. Maybe 1 cent difference our the rounding is causing this.

Thanked 7,697 Times in 2,127 Posts

I've had this happen too on occasions. Will forward this to Betfair as it shouldn't be happening.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The Geek For This Useful Post:
    ThePirate (8th December 2014)

From Betfair

Unfortunately, this is caused by rounding. It isn't possible for us to completely eliminate this issue. The only way to avoid this is to have a small buffer of funds available.
    Have sent a couple of eMails saying it is unacceptable this is happening more than it did with the old API, however don't count your chickens on them fixing it.

Have moved it to known issues and workarounds, and would suggest using the 99% option.

Latest from Betfair

Yes, GBP is our base currency.

We'll need to look at each individual case to see what is specifically causing the rounding issue. However, as we have discussed previously this isn't a simple fix.

Please either ask the user to contact bdp@betfair.com with specific details so we can investigate or provide an example from your own account so that we can look into this further.