Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Video Comparing Fast Pics vs SIS vs ATR

  1. #1
    Novice
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    15
    Thanks: 0
    Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts

    Default Video Comparing Fast Pics vs SIS vs ATR

    Here is a link to a youtube video showing a side by side comparison of Fast Pics vs SIS vs ATR.

    http://youtu.be/iYh6E7H7xyY

    The Fast Pics are on the right side screen, the SIS pics are on the middle screen and the ATR pics are on the left screen. The race was from Meydan on 21st November 2013.

    The Fast Pics are approximately 2.6 seconds ahead of SIS and 6.5 seconds ahead of ATR.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rubber Fanny For This Useful Post:
    Cran (22nd November 2013), flok (22nd November 2013), valve (22nd November 2013), Zweistein (23rd November 2013)
  3. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    .nl
    Posts
    139
    Thanks: 11
    Thanked 49 Times in 37 Posts

    Default

    Who is the Fast pics provider?

  4. #3
    Forum Addict Keefter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    443
    Thanks: 104
    Thanked 428 Times in 152 Posts

    Default

    nice video. would be even better if we knew what the pics on the right actually were? SIS and ATR everyone understands but to describe the one on the right as simply 'fast pics'? hmmm Feels a bit like a 'look how much faster my pics are than yours' thread.

  5. #4
    Novice
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    15
    Thanks: 0
    Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keefter View Post
    nice video. would be even better if we knew what the pics on the right actually were?...

    The "fast pics" on the right screen were taken from a satellite feed that was a direct uplink from the Meydan track.




    Quote Originally Posted by Keefter View Post
    ...SIS and ATR everyone understands but to describe the one on the right as simply 'fast pics'?...

    I am not sure what other description you would give to the "fast pics", they are ahead of SIS and ahead of ATR. When people refer to "fast pics" then my understanding is that the pictures on the right screen in the video are the type they are referring to. However, I could be wrong on that point so if they are not what people call "fast pics" then apologies for not describing them correctly.




    Quote Originally Posted by Keefter View Post
    ...hmmm Feels a bit like a 'look how much faster my pics are than yours' thread.


    Believe it or not, I do not use horse racing "fast pics" personally and have no interest in doing so. I made the video and provided the link to it to show how much disadvantage the punter is at if they use ATR for In-Running betting. There is an often rolled out comment along the lines of "fast pics are good but they are no replacement for skilled race reading". Well, suppose a good skilled race reader is using "fast pics", the guy at home using ATR is at a terrible disadvantage.

  6. #5
    Forum Addict Keefter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    443
    Thanks: 104
    Thanked 428 Times in 152 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Fanny View Post
    The "fast pics" on the right screen were taken from a satellite feed that was a direct uplink from the Meydan track.







    I am not sure what other description you would give to the "fast pics", they are ahead of SIS and ahead of ATR. When people refer to "fast pics" then my understanding is that the pictures on the right screen in the video are the type they are referring to. However, I could be wrong on that point so if they are not what people call "fast pics" then apologies for not describing them correctly.








    Believe it or not, I do not use horse racing "fast pics" personally and have no interest in doing so. I made the video and provided the link to it to show how much disadvantage the punter is at if they use ATR for In-Running betting. There is an often rolled out comment along the lines of "fast pics are good but they are no replacement for skilled race reading". Well, suppose a good skilled race reader is using "fast pics", the guy at home using ATR is at a terrible disadvantage.
    Okay lets approach this a different way. You don't use 'fast pics' for horseracing yourself but a live direct feed from Meydan racecourse simply appeared on your tv? If I give Meydan racecourse a call on Monday morning do you thin k they will supply this for me too?

  7. #6
    Forum Guru marra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    yorkshire
    Posts
    926
    Thanks: 1,529
    Thanked 969 Times in 740 Posts

    Default

    "Believe it or not, I do not use horse racing "fast pics" personally and have no interest in doing so"...

    Surely this is a joke...If not could I have all the details on how you obtain these pics,thanks

  8. #7
    Novice
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    15
    Thanks: 0
    Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keefter View Post
    Okay lets approach this a different way. You don't use 'fast pics' for horseracing yourself but a live direct feed from Meydan racecourse simply appeared on your tv? If I give Meydan racecourse a call on Monday morning do you thin k they will supply this for me too?
    Of course the fast pics from Meydan did not appear just appear on my TV, I came across them when checking out some fast pics for other sports that I am interested in. The technology I use for other sports fast pics also happened to pick up the Meydan fast pics.

    It is up to you if you wish to phone Meydan on Monday morning, I would guess that they would not disclose the details to you on how to get the pictures. However, if I could fathom it out after a fair amount of effort searching the internet then I am sure you could do the same, it will save you the cost of a phone call to Meydan.

  9. #8
    Novice
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    15
    Thanks: 0
    Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marra View Post
    "Believe it or not, I do not use horse racing "fast pics" personally and have no interest in doing so"...

    Surely this is a joke...If not could I have all the details on how you obtain these pics,thanks
    Why would it be a joke, I came across them when looking for some fast pics for another sport.

    Go any buy some top end satellite kit and then spend a few days reading up on the topic on the internet, you will get sorted out.

  10. #9
    Forum Guru custard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,980
    Thanks: 739
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,257 Posts

    Default

    Just about twenty years ago I was interested in satellite TV and studied it a little. Things have moved on a lot since then. Now it's not just a matter of finding a data feed from a particular satellite but it also requires the decryption of that data. Few can afford the necessary technology to do this.

  11. #10
    Novice
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    15
    Thanks: 0
    Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by custard View Post
    Just about twenty years ago I was interested in satellite TV and studied it a little. Things have moved on a lot since then. Now it's not just a matter of finding a data feed from a particular satellite but it also requires the decryption of that data. Few can afford the necessary technology to do this.
    custard,

    You are correct, however, I would say that costs are possibly not as high as they used to be. It's a balance, do the returns justify the outlay on technology? For some sports the fast pictures do have the possibility of good returns, other sports are not so good.

    Even with the fast pictures, the user can be a second or so behind the money from the courtsiders. Horse racing and tennis are examples where the fast pic boys are still behind the money from the courtsiders. Sure, they are not as far behind the money as watching on Sky and there is still some money about. I suppose it depends on the users betting strategy, if they are a trader or placing keep bets and not trading out.

  12. #11
    Forum Guru custard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,980
    Thanks: 739
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,257 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Fanny View Post
    custard,

    You are correct, however, I would say that costs are possibly not as high as they used to be. It's a balance, do the returns justify the outlay on technology? For some sports the fast pictures do have the possibility of good returns, other sports are not so good.
    I make a point of being "correct". In fact, I cannot remember an occasion when I have been wrong. Having been prompted to consider this issue in greater depth, I am drawn to the conclusion that "ordinary people" are quite unable to receive said "fast pictures" , not only because of cost but, because most are not competent hackers.

    If receiving such pictures was easy, nobody would be paying for Sky Sports/Movies.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to custard For This Useful Post:
    lcredd (23rd November 2013), Temujin (28th November 2013)
  14. #12
    Forum Guru lcredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,406
    Thanks: 3,043
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 651 Posts

    Default

    Infallible

    ɪn-fal-ib-el

    incapable of making mistakes or being wrong. Custard.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to lcredd For This Useful Post:
    custard (23rd November 2013)
  16. #13
    Forum Guru custard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,980
    Thanks: 739
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,257 Posts

    Default

    It's the word I wanted to use but I felt it would be immodest of me if I had. Don't think I've ever lost an argument on here, just got myself banned for winning some

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to custard For This Useful Post:
    kawasaki (24th November 2013), lcredd (23rd November 2013)
  18. #14
    Forum Guru lcredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,406
    Thanks: 3,043
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 651 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by custard View Post
    If receiving such pictures was easy, nobody would be paying for Sky Sports/Movies.
    I've got a few hours free tonight so I'll see what I can do. If I find faster pics I'll post the link/instructions here.

    Even with faster pics I wouldn't be confident in-running. Not even track-side with a pair of binoculars!

  19. #15
    Forum Guru custard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,980
    Thanks: 739
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,257 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lcredd View Post
    I've got a few hours free tonight so I'll see what I can do. If I find faster pics I'll post the link/instructions here.

    Even with faster pics I wouldn't be confident in-running. Not even track-side with a pair of binoculars!
    If a brilliant ex-jockey like Mick Fitzgerald admits to being unable to predict the outcome of a race in running, what chance do we have ?

  20. #16
    Novice
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    15
    Thanks: 0
    Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by custard View Post
    I make a point of being "correct". In fact, I cannot remember an occasion when I have been wrong. Having been prompted to consider this issue in greater depth, I am drawn to the conclusion that "ordinary people" are quite unable to receive said "fast pictures" , not only because of cost but, because most are not competent hackers.

    If receiving such pictures was easy, nobody would be paying for Sky Sports/Movies.

    Well custard, you are wrong on this one, did it ever occur to you that the Meydan race that I included in the video was not encrypted. It was an unencrypted feed and there were no hacking skills required to get it. Anyone with the appropriate satellite kit could have viewed the Meydan race.

    http://www.satelliweb.com/index.php?section=livef

    Go to the bottom of the web page from the above link and enter Meydan in the search box, it will bring up all the satellite feeds from Meydan. The top entry on the search result page is the unencrypted feed from Meydan from last Thursday.

    I think that you have tripped over your ego on this one with your assumption that the feed required decryption by a skilled hacker.

  21. #17
    Forum Guru custard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,980
    Thanks: 739
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,257 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Fanny View Post
    Well custard, you are wrong on this one,

    I think that you have tripped over your ego on this one with your assumption that the feed required decryption by a skilled hacker.

    No, no, you have to give me some credit. I knew if I provoked you enough that you would tell us the answer. I've been around a long time on this planet My ego is intact. Those who are interested may take a look at your website, but for my part, I will pass. Just like doubleback and Mick Fitzgerald, Custard doesn't care too much for pictures of any sort. All that matters is the prices available in the relevant market.

  22. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    .nl
    Posts
    139
    Thanks: 11
    Thanked 49 Times in 37 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by custard View Post
    If a brilliant ex-jockey like Mick Fitzgerald admits to being unable to predict the outcome of a race in running, what chance do we have ?
    Now i know you are trolling

  23. #19
    Forum Guru lcredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,406
    Thanks: 3,043
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 651 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by custard View Post
    Custard doesn't care too much for pictures
    Illeism

    /ˈɪli.ɪzəm/

    From Latin ille meaning "he," is the act of referring to oneself in the third person instead of first person. Custard.

    (I wish I had Google when I was in school)

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lcredd For This Useful Post:
    ForeTwo (23rd November 2013), Temujin (28th November 2013)
  25. #20
    Novice
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    15
    Thanks: 0
    Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by custard View Post
    No, no, you have to give me some credit. I knew if I provoked you enough that you would tell us the answer...
    custard, anyone with an ounce of savvy knows how to find satellite feeds using the satelliweb site, you did not need me to tell you how to do it.

    On the other hand, perhaps you did......I will put it down to you being thick, that is a compliment by the way, thin runny custard is for wimps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Talented Mavericks Limited
26 Buttercup Close
Corby
Northants
England
NN18 8LB

UK Company # 04872848
UK VAT # 887366268

Facebook TwitterYouTube



Betfair    Betdaq    VISA  Mastercard  American Express  Dinners Club  Discover  PayPal  Skrill