Thread: Ukraine v England

Thanked 3,736 Times in 1,484 Posts

Default Ukraine v England

The last meeting in the Ukraine in the European Championships last year England won 1-0 and then at Wembley last year a Lampard penalty rescued a draw for England so there doesn’t seem much between them. Another tight game here and with England’s lack of forward options a low scoring game ??
    When I die and they lay me to rest,
    I'm gonna get pissed with Georgie Best

Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,257 Posts

I think England will lose. I am not going to back Over 2.5 goals. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth from tonight. "Hodgson out !" will be the cry. And, of course, out he will go after England fail to qualify.

Then, the circus will start again as all the media tell us that England are the best team in the world.

Ukraine's record in football is way better than England's. Being patriotic is not enough. England are damage limitation experts who bore crowds to tears. They do not deserve to be in the finals and I'm sure that they will be watching the finals on TV, just like the Welsh.

Thanked 1,327 Times in 723 Posts

1-0 to Ukraine fans.

Thanked 1,261 Times in 651 Posts

Given the odds I'd back overs at 2.46. I think both teams will score and then someone (most likely Ukraine) will grab the winner. If England don't qualify it would ruin next summer, I'm looking forward to us reaching the last 16.

Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,257 Posts

I am hoping England do not qualify. We will have a summer of football which, hopefully, will be reported without terrible bias. I love football and cannot see how England can contribute entertainment. I have had enough of the moaning of English fans and next year's tournament will be the better for their absence.

The present English team would be beaten out of sight by the 1966 cup winning team. That was a great team with creative and tough players. It had some of the greatest players ever seen on a football pitch. This lot are " a load of pansies".

6. The Following User Says Thank You to custard For This Useful Post:
    lcredd (10th September 2013)
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 651 Posts

Fortunately I didn't see much of the game, but this is what the Telegraph said:

'This draw inches Roy Hodgson's side closer towards the 2014 World Cup finals but if they intend playing as wretchedly as this in Brazil, they would be well-advised to keep their cars in short-stay at Heathrow and keep the engines running.'

At least if we have no hope we wont be disappointed.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lcredd For This Useful Post:
    custard (11th September 2013), Rayzor (11th September 2013), shadowninja (11th September 2013)