PDA

View Full Version : Betfair Charge

stan794
14th December 2009, 04:26 PM
Hello

I have been charged 12.99 for data request. Im using the toy now instead of Nicko, should i uninstall Nicko, does that still request data sitting in the background. Only only ask as i was only on for a few hours on Saturday and hit with the charge.

Cheers

Boo
14th December 2009, 04:30 PM
Having two apps open may have taken you over the limit stan if both were active.

The Geek
14th December 2009, 04:39 PM
I would if I were you. Last time I looked Nicko was still polling markets even after you closed them. So if you opened a long term market, and left your computer on it would still be running.

Also with TT I would suggest your max refreshes per second are set no more than 18. { They are throtteled to 15 on install, so if you haven't changed them, don't worry. }

nigelbleddfa
14th December 2009, 04:47 PM
Hello

I have been charged 12.99 for data request. Im using the toy now instead of Nicko, should i uninstall Nicko, does that still request data sitting in the background. Only only ask as i was only on for a few hours on Saturday and hit with the charge.

Cheers

The answer is not to use two applications at the same time as you will be making too many requests for information in a given period. I have now uninstalled Betraider Nickolution and am unable to confirm whether or not the Server still makes requests in the background but, to be sure, I would advise you to switch off the Betraider Nickolution server when you are not actually using it for trading. This can be done using the little box thingy that was provided in the last version.
Using two applications also has considerable implications for bandwidth usage. Be careful that you don't give your provider a reason for slowing your download speeds because you are infringing a "fair usage" policy.

stan794
14th December 2009, 05:41 PM
Thanks very much.

rockaren
15th December 2009, 12:31 AM
Having two apps open may have taken you over the limit stan if both were active.

I have 2 apps opened from time to time but always make sure one of apps are NOT making data reqs from Betfair, on TT we can stop API and the same you could do in other apps.

PFY
15th December 2009, 07:04 AM
Accessing markets through the regular betfair interface on a browser can also contribute towards your overall data usage, but its draw is much much less than a trading app. It all adds up however, and if your refresh rate on an app is high enough then this may just tip you over the limit - hence follow geek's advice on settings for TT and all should be well.