PDA

View Full Version : How to stop IExplorer.....

rockaren
9th December 2009, 12:39 AM
Hi Mr Geek and other Toy users,

Everytime I start TT it launches Internet Explorer opening Betfair Forum page....very strange.

IE is not even my default web browser so its even more strange why The Toy wants to run IE on my comp ????? Very anoying...so please help me now.....please....anyone ?

Firkinelle
9th December 2009, 10:57 AM
As it's only a log in screen for the Toy, and there has to be a log in screen, it doesn't seem too much of a problem. It also acts as a reminder that you need to be logged in to the forum to start the Toy so, if you're not logged in, you don't have to open another browser.

rockaren
9th December 2009, 02:09 PM
I am NOT talking about log in screen, it starts auto AFTER log in and I can not see any reason for it to be launched. Why should I see Betfair forum in IE after every start and log in to TT ?
I can see BF home page and browse markets in The Toy main window titled "Help and useful links"
I also want to use web browser other than Internet Explorer, its why Firefox is my default....I hope you understand now what my problem is....

The Geek
9th December 2009, 02:16 PM
There is an IE browser embedded into TT which shows help & useful links.

TT was logging into the Betfair forum page, as this then had betfair active, so that when you click on your balane in TT it takes you to the Betfair my account page. { This actually got broken by a recent Betfair site upgrade & I'm looking at a fix.}

There is an option in the main info bar menu "Show Help on Startup". Uncheck this, and let me know if this cures your issue.

rockaren
9th December 2009, 02:26 PM

TT was logging into the Betfair forum page, as this then had betfair active, so that when you click on your balane in TT it takes you to the Betfair my account page. { This actually got broken by a recent Betfair site upgrade & I'm looking at a fix.}

There is an option in the main info bar menu "Show Help on Startup". Uncheck this, and let me know if this cures your issue.

Yes, it helps in such way that I now dont have to see IE :)
But at the same time The Toys "Help and useful links" doesnt open so if I want to browse markets from BF webpage I have to open it manualy.....

anyway...thanx its better for now I think

The Geek
9th December 2009, 02:28 PM
You can open the help & useful links page in search mode using the "Search Betfair" option from the Navigator menu.

rockaren
9th December 2009, 02:39 PM
You can open the help & useful links page in search mode using the "Search Betfair" option from the Navigator menu.

Yes, it works.

Another question is about why BF page showing me as NOT logged in. After I click on my balance in TT, error window is showing and after that I can only see a blank white page in TT's window.

I guess it was a bug you were talking above.....

Firkinelle
9th December 2009, 02:45 PM
I am NOT talking about log in screen, it starts auto AFTER log in and I can not see any reason for it to be launched. Why should I see Betfair forum in IE after every start and log in to TT ?
I can see BF home page and browse markets in The Toy main window titled "Help and useful links"
I also want to use web browser other than Internet Explorer, its why Firefox is my default....I hope you understand now what my problem is....

Sorry about that, thought you were talking about the login part. Guess I should leave TG to answer all the problems ;)

rockaren
9th December 2009, 02:54 PM
Sorry about that, thought you were talking about the login part. Guess I should leave TG to answer all the problems ;)

No problem mate......all help is appreciated.
Its a pleasure to see you in every thread, wonder why LOL

cheers

The Geek
9th December 2009, 03:31 PM

Please don't, the more contributions here from the community, the more of my spare time I can spend writing new bits into TT.

munk
11th December 2009, 11:48 AM
Yes, it works.

Another question is about why BF page showing me as NOT logged in. After I click on my balance in TT, error window is showing and after that I can only see a blank white page in TT's window.

I guess it was a bug you were talking above.....

I've come across this as well. When you click on your balance at the top of the Toy, the Help & Useful Links browser opens up and (presumably) attempts to navigate to the Betfair 'My Account' page but returns with the error 'Your session has timed out through inactivity...' (displayed in an alert box with the title 'Message from webpage').

Not quite sure if there's a workaround for it, I tried logging in to Betfair in IE first in the hope that the toy's embedded browser shared the main browser's 'repo' (cookies/cache etc) but (not surprisingly I suppose) that didn't work. (EDIT: workaround is to login to betfair via market navigator > right click > Search Betfair, thanks TheGeek)

Would be excellent to be able to keep the My Account window open in a separate Toy window (ie so it opens 'outside' of the 'Help & Useful Links' browser) - that way you're not tying up a separate dedicated browser window just for your bf account.

Torrezno
11th December 2009, 01:11 PM

Does this means that I do not have to worry if I have still installed Internet Explorer 6 on the PC because the embedded one will be a new and fast version than IE6?

P.S. I normally work with Safari or Firefox on the MAC, thats the reason of having such an old browser.