PDA

View Full Version : What happened?

neeeel
7th December 2009, 02:04 PM
I was trying to log on to the forums around lunchtime today, and it couldnt connect, then I got a message saying forum suspended, I was thinking maybe some competitor managed to get the forum taken down?

BruceLee1973
7th December 2009, 02:12 PM
The Geek forgot to reload the meter.

jimrobo
7th December 2009, 02:14 PM
too much resources used by the shoutbox apparantly???

ribofilio
7th December 2009, 02:36 PM
Thought it was DNS attack from The Tadger

nigelbleddfa
7th December 2009, 03:42 PM
Hello !

I am astonished to see your username. I thought I was the only person old enough to remember Ribofilio.
If I remember correctly, he was the only horse to have been the favourite in almost every race he ran in and never won one of them ?

ribofilio
7th December 2009, 04:19 PM
Top 2yo of 1968 , was favourite for the 2000 Guineas ..pulled up (nobbled)
recovered enough to run 5th in the Derby , was hot favourite for the Irish Derby , 5 lengths clear at the furlong pole , got "done" by Prince Regent , favourite for the St Leger , Piggott found every bit of trouble in the race , fast finishing second to Intermezzo......and yes , I backed him every time .

nigelbleddfa
7th December 2009, 05:09 PM
Yes, very sad. You are very old, same as me. At that time I was a student at Aberystwyth. Harvey Leader trained a horse called Queen of Twilight and one of his stable lads came from the town. Everybody backed it when it won the Lingfield Derby trial at odds of 28/1, everybody except me. Another tip followed from the same stable a couple of weeks later. I backed it. It came nowhere.:(

rockaren
8th December 2009, 03:09 AM
Does it mean shoutbox is OUT forever ? :(

The Geek
8th December 2009, 07:45 AM
No. We will be moving the site to better hosting soon, although I don't have a confirmed date yet.

rockaren
8th December 2009, 05:46 PM
No probs, take your time. The Forum and The Toy is great as it is already :D