PDA

View Full Version : Betfair assumes no responsibility over failures in their service

thehun
11th March 2012, 07:26 PM
I placed a bet on the Carlisle-Rochdale game of last Tuesday, with the intention of trading it in-play. After about 15 minutes the game was "suspended" and it stayed so until almost the end of the game.

I wrote an email to BF asking what was going on, and if they could void my bet, and this was their reply:

Thank you for your e-mail.
First of all we would like to sincerely apologise for the unplanned site disruption caused earlier on today to Betfairís normal service.

Unfortunately we are unable to reimburse customers for any bets unable to place during this outage. We understand that many Betfair customers look to trade on bets, however this cannot always be guaranteed due to unforeseen circumstances such as site outages.

Betfair is covered by its terms and conditions for these kinds of outages, however I would like to assure you that our technical teams are working hard to make sure these problems do not arise again.

12 Matters beyond our reasonable control
We are not liable for any loss or damage that you may suffer because of any: act of God; power cut; trade or labour dispute, act, failure or omission of any government or authority; obstruction or failure of telecommunication services; or any other delay or failure caused by a third party or otherwise outside of our control. In such an event, we reserve the right to cancel or suspend our services without incurring any liability.

We are not liable for the failure of any equipment or software howsoever caused, wherever located or administered, or whether under our direct control or not, that may prevent the operation of the Services, impede the placing of offers for bets or the matching of bets, or prevent you from being able to contact us.

Please be aware that if you place a bet with the intention of subsequently placing a separate bet to reduce the liability incurred by the initial bet, there can never be a guarantee that the Services will be available at the point you wish to place the subsequent bet (this is the case regardless of whether or not the unavailability of the Services is due to a matter beyond our reasonable control).

We will not be liable for any failure to perform by a third party to our Agreement.

Once again we apologise sincerely for any inconvenience this may cause and would like to thank you for your patience while these issues were resolved.
Kind regards,

Lewis Essam

This is really worrying. They are charging a commission for a service which isn't guaranteed AT ALL. It doesn't matter if it's their fault (which in this case they admitted it was) or not, if the service is interrupted and you lose money because of that, they don't give a sh*t.

layallday
11th March 2012, 08:44 PM
indeed they dont give a shit because every time they keep hiding behind their terms and conditions, the least you can do is withdraw your money and start trading on betdaq

Caan Berry
12th March 2012, 10:28 AM
I think someone should colate a list of the hundreds of complaints accounts hacked site outages and markets wrongly suspended and get onto a national newspaper really, its a recoccupimg theme week on week but still people stay with the manopoly