PDA

View Full Version : Ladder chart options request and question.

BettingSherlock
10th November 2009, 02:04 PM
Any change of getting the chart really really wide, covering a longer period ?
Basically as wide as there's room on the screen.
( the one next to the ladder )

Am i correct in saying the chart moves as bets are matched and this is not in relation to time as such. In other words if over a period of time no bets actually get matched the chart simply doesn't move ?

BettingSherlock
10th November 2009, 02:09 PM
Or does the chart move when the price changes rather than when bets are matched ?
So as long as the available price remains at the same level the chart doesn't move ?

BettingSherlock
10th November 2009, 02:42 PM
Hang on, it moves based on the change in the "last price matched" right ?

BettingSherlock
14th November 2009, 04:17 PM
Bump,

this ladder is seriously growing on me :)

would like to know exactly (get confirmation) how the chart works though ?

kawasaki
14th November 2009, 05:51 PM
chart moves on last price mached

The Geek
14th November 2009, 09:17 PM
Any change of getting the chart really really wide, covering a longer period ?
Basically as wide as there's room on the screen.
( the one next to the ladder )

How wide would you like it?

Am i correct in saying the chart moves as bets are matched and this is not in relation to time as such. In other words if over a period of time no bets actually get matched the chart simply doesn't move ?

Chart moves only if the last price matched changes.

BettingSherlock
14th November 2009, 11:27 PM
How wide would you like it?
I'll do a screenshot mockup on the tennis tomorrow.

Chart moves only if the last price matched changes.
Thanks, same method as the betfair chart then.

Maybe there should be a little explanaition in the documentation about how it works. May not be obvious to newbies and it is an important piece of info. Tricky to interprete those charts anyhow, not being linear to time is an important factor to know and realise as it sometimes paints a distorted picture. Also worth mentioning the chart disregards volume being matched, just the actual price.

A steamer or drifter in the space of a day compared to the space of 5 minutes may look very similar on those type of charts but the interpretation is quite different. Same where a market move is subject to one big amount coming in at once, rather than a series over time.

As long as there's something about the chart workings in the manual should make a difference.

BettingSherlock
15th November 2009, 05:07 PM
Started off with this one,

BettingSherlock
15th November 2009, 05:08 PM
Tried this one,

BettingSherlock
15th November 2009, 05:10 PM
Ended up using this one,

BettingSherlock
15th November 2009, 05:17 PM
I'll probably play around with it a few more times, try the view in the other direction as well.

Situations where a wider chart would be benificial are:

Any televised match, i often take a position and then concentrate on watching the match. Sometimes walk around the room for a few games, anything so as not to be glued to the computer all the time. So then when i come back to do a trade it would be great to see the odds moves on the past 2-3 games rather than only the last game.

Tie-break trading, love it, chart now should hold the odds for 3-4 points, would be great if it could hold a full tie break or at least 8-10 points.

On tennis i use one ladder only and rarely switch players. If there is an upset and i need to switch to the other player (and possibly back again) i lose the chart history. That's fine as that history has almost lost it's usefullnes anyhow.

So the maximum of 200 increase to say 400-500 should be ideal.

The Geek
15th November 2009, 05:34 PM
Done. Will be in the next release.

And before anyone thinks it's open season on suggestions yet, it isn't. This one was just changing a maximum setting & took a couple of minutes. :D

BettingSherlock
15th November 2009, 05:42 PM
On behalf of tennis traders around the globe and beyond, thank you.

May you and your loved ones live long and prosper :)

jimrobo
16th November 2009, 11:08 AM
Done. Will be in the next release.

Have you added in the wireless connection to my coffee machine yet?

IanC
15th March 2010, 02:04 AM
Hi,

Has this option been implimented yet, I've tried to change the width of the price chart but have been unable to find the correct option? or is still pending? I'm using the lastest version from the Toy website,

Thanks,