PDA

View Full Version : HIGH response time of API

Stonekeep
31st October 2009, 01:33 AM
Hi Geek,
tonight I have had a big problem with response time of last API on Aussie markerts...couple of times goes that to enorm numbers (15s to 30s!!) Problem was, that happend to me when I haven't my trade closed and when the response time od API goes to the 30sec, program shut down with my open position and I lost my money. Today I have had installed beta 2, so maybe it is for that reason...I that happend to me again, I will install back beta1, just in case not lossing my money any more, because the program failed.
Thanks for any help with this problem.

Stonekeep
31st October 2009, 03:44 AM
It is possible, it can be cause connection problem?

Quo
31st October 2009, 04:03 AM
Hi Geek,
tonight I have had a big problem with response time of last API on Aussie markerts...couple of times goes that to enorm numbers (15s to 30s!!) Problem was, that happend to me when I haven't my trade closed and when the response time od API goes to the 30sec, program shut down with my open position and I lost my money. Today I have had installed beta 2, so maybe it is for that reason...I that happend to me again, I will install back beta1, just in case not lossing my money any more, because the program failed.
Thanks for any help with this problem.

Been trading the Aussie races myself, haven't had any API probs here.

From the Help section: 'Generally speaking, if the number of overdue calls is 3 or more, you are experiencing connection or API issues.'

No need for the program to shut down because of an API issue or connection problem.

Wireless router can cause connection probs, is your .NET installation working properly?

Stonekeep
31st October 2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks for quick reply,
hmmm, I doesn't have the problem with my router connection yet...but I can take a look, but I don't thing so, it that be this problem.

Stonekeep
31st October 2009, 11:42 AM
OK, it happend to me again...now I know, what was this problem...was with connection issue... :-) My internet connection falling down and if I have had switched the back up internet connection, this problem was gone... Sorry for that. It was my false.
Regards

jimrobo
31st October 2009, 12:02 PM
unless it is a busy time of week like saturday afternoon if you are seeing high latency spikes its always worth checking your connection