PDA

View Full Version : API Charge

Slamdunk
30th October 2009, 01:29 PM
Hi,
maybe a stupid question?

If I use Betting Assistent (for charts) and also run They Toy both on std API settings will I then get charged for API?

The Geek
30th October 2009, 01:31 PM
Possibly. I would suggest turning BD down a bit to a couple of refreshes a second, as that's all you need for charting.

On a default installation, TT uses 11 on a single market.

balloon jockey
30th October 2009, 01:43 PM
Possibly. I would suggest turning BD down a bit to a couple of refreshes a second, as that's all you need for charting.

On a default installation, TT uses 11 on a single market.

Apologies if answered elsewhere, but say you have 2 markets open at once, will that mean 22 calls per second, thus potentially making you liable for API charges?

The Geek
30th October 2009, 01:47 PM
By default TT restricts calls to 15 on multiple markets.

rockaren
30th October 2009, 06:03 PM
By default TT restricts calls to 15 on multiple markets.

Does it mean there is no way to go over 15 calls/sec no matter how many open markets ?

The Geek
30th October 2009, 09:27 PM
Indeed it does.

chipo
31st October 2009, 02:38 PM
The geek toy, comes by default, to not be charged?

i mean, the default settings, are configured to betfair doens't charge us, with API refresh charges??

The Geek
31st October 2009, 02:49 PM
The geek toy, comes by default, to not be charged?

i mean, the default settings, are configured to betfair doens't charge us, with API refresh charges??

Indeed. You should not be charged using a single installation of TT.

jaybee2
15th December 2009, 03:43 PM
Hi I have just been charged 25.14 for data requests for yesterday :mad::mad:
how do I throttle back the toy?
I don't know how this has happened how can I cheque my data request for yesterday?

2009-12-15 14:53 4035864 2009-12-15

14:53 Data Request Charge for over 20 per sec 14/12/09 - -25.14

The Geek
15th December 2009, 04:36 PM
Did you have anything else running at the time? Or did you have 2 versions of TT running?

If not, you shouldn't have been charged as TT by default throttles you to 15 calls per second. May be worth emailing bdp & asking them for a breakdown.

Anyway, from the Main Info Bar Menu, select API Settings Manager. A Window will open.

From the API Settings Manager Menu, select Max Weighted Calls Per Second & set it as required.

jaybee2
15th December 2009, 04:56 PM
Thanks Mr Geek

I have checked my settings and they are sey to a max of 15 per second.
I have just phoned them and they are going to get back to me this evening.

I just run the toy on one account and betbotpro on other accounts.

I may have logged into betfaire at some stage just to checked my account.

Thanks for the response brilliant.

Have you ever thought about making a betting bot?

The Geek
15th December 2009, 05:21 PM
Betfair link accounts, so it's possible you got hit because of the combined calls on 2 accounts..

jaybee2
15th December 2009, 05:30 PM
Bastards I hope they pay 50% tax on this bonus:mad::mad::mad:

Cran
15th December 2009, 06:07 PM
If it's your first data charge they will probably let you off.

rockaren
15th December 2009, 06:21 PM
Bastards I hope they pay 50% tax on this bonus:mad::mad::mad:

BASTARDS.....i like it :) and its true.....

The Geek
15th December 2009, 06:26 PM
Have you ever thought about making a betting bot?

In between the kids, my real job, The Toy, and having to keep the missus happy twice a year, I don't have the time for much else at the moment. I've only got to play with Betfair a few days these past months, and most of that was testing for a new release. :(

Who knows, maybe one day in the future when the kids leave home I may get a couple of hours to write a bot or 2. :D

jaybee2
15th December 2009, 07:35 PM
I am looking forward to it :)

But as you say your family must come first.
Mine did I was workong all the hours I could on the railway.
But now they are grown up I dont work I play with the TOY
God bless the Geek.:D

TRADER68
15th December 2009, 08:13 PM
Hi I have just been charged 25.14 for data requests for yesterday :mad::mad:
how do I throttle back the toy?
I don't know how this has happened how can I cheque my data request for yesterday?

2009-12-15 14:53 4035864 2009-12-15

14:53 Data Request Charge for over 20 per sec 14/12/09 - -25.14

I also had email from BetfairDataUsage@betfair.com at 5pm today advising me i had a 2.38 charge for yesterday.It said they were not taking money from my account but advised me to be aware they would in future.I had toy set at 15 calls and occasionally looked at main betfair site.When i called betfair help desk guy told me he thought was strange and said to reply to email and ask when exactly this charge was for.I will reply later and let you know if i get any news back

jaybee2
16th December 2009, 09:10 AM
Hi Cran

If it's your first data charge they will probably let you off.

The money has been taken out of my betfair account.

I am now waiting to hear from them after replying to there email saying that it was out of hours for them to look into my query.

Cran
16th December 2009, 09:17 AM
The money has been taken out of my betfair account
:(

Hopefully you'll get it back, all the reports I've seen so far where it's been a first time they have refunded it.

jaybee2
16th December 2009, 11:14 AM
Hi
Just got this email from betfair.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your email.

Please see below for a profile of your data usage for 14th December the day that you incurred the data request charge.

You will see that there are a number of large spikes in your data usage activity through The Geeks Toy software. This suggests that there were multiple applications running on your PC/account(s) during the day. Normally we would see a fairly flat profile where there was one, throttled version running.
You should also be aware that all of your accounts are linked for the purpose of calculating the data request charge.

Please let us know if you need any further information.

Kind regards,

Kirsty

LusoExpress
7th January 2010, 07:04 PM
only started using TT two days ago but today in the horse races i had 9 ladders open on every meeting of the day and only after did i realised that there is this issue with Data charge

what are the right settings for the API Manager if one wants to bet on horse racing please??

I now have them like this:

BETS 300ms MPC2
PRICES 250ms MPC2
CPHybridMode 1000ms MPC1
TradedVolume 2000ms MPC1
External Bets 20000ms MPC1
Account Funds 15000ms MPC1

Thanks

The Geek
7th January 2010, 10:42 PM
Doesn't matter how many markets you have open, TT on a default install will send a maximum of 15 calls per second to Betfair.

LusoExpress
7th January 2010, 11:30 PM
thanks The Geek for the quick reply

im going to put back the default values then

cheers

speedtrip
29th March 2010, 01:40 PM
I have received a data charge of 16.30 which has taken me by suprise.

I have received warnings before but this was because I had BD open as well plus wrong settings.

My Geek has weighted settings of 15 and I was only using the Geek on saturday.

I think I opened Soccer Mystic for 5 mins while I did some modelling but cant be sure

I have asked Betfair for an explanation.

ST

Leonthefixer
29th March 2010, 01:49 PM
I have received a data charge of 16.30 which has taken me by suprise.

I have received warnings before but this was because I had BD open as well plus wrong settings.

My Geek has weighted settings of 15 and I was only using the Geek on saturday.

I think I opened Soccer Mystic for 5 mins while I did some modelling but cant be sure

I have asked Betfair for an explanation.

ST

Soccer Mystic counts as an API application so this is quite likely where you have incurred the costs, I assume you no longer run BD at the same time as the Toy?

Betfair should be able to give you a break down of the charge but if you have TT restricted to 15 calls per second this will not be the cause of the charge.

speedtrip
30th March 2010, 04:41 PM
Soccer Mystic counts as an API application so this is quite likely where you have incurred the costs, I assume you no longer run BD at the same time as the Toy?

Betfair should be able to give you a break down of the charge but if you have TT restricted to 15 calls per second this will not be the cause of the charge.

Thanks still waiting for a reply from Betfair.

When you consider premum rate charges and API charges Betfair dont make it easy for us do they.

One day some bright spark will come in and offer a viable alternative to Betfair, heres to that day.!

ST

fxcarllos
28th July 2010, 09:06 AM
I got the same problem. Can you please answer 2 questions?
1. How do i know if geeks toy is set to 15 no mather how many markets are opened?
2. if geeks toy is running but i dont have any markets opened, is it ok to open other software at same time? does GT reuqest any data if a market is not open?

Thankx in advance

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________
Your data requests on 7/26/2010 would have incurred a charge of 32.37 EUR. We are not applying the charge to your account for this incident. We want you to avoid being charged in future.

fxcarllos
28th July 2010, 10:03 AM
another silly question:
Where is the offset tick option on geeks toy? Ive seen a discussion on this but cant find out how its done.

Regards

The Geek
28th July 2010, 11:31 AM
I got the same problem. Can you please answer 2 questions?
1. How do i know if geeks toy is set to 15 no mather how many markets are opened?
2. if geeks toy is running but i dont have any markets opened, is it ok to open other software at same time? does GT reuqest any data if a market is not open?

Thankx in advance

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________
Your data requests on 7/26/2010 would have incurred a charge of 32.37 EUR. We are not applying the charge to your account for this incident. We want you to avoid being charged in future.

1. Unless you change it using the API settings manager menu, a single instance of The Toy will use a maximum of 15 weighted calls per second irrespective of the markets open. { Do not run 2 versions of The Toy. }

2. With no market open The Toy makes no weighted calls, so this should be OK.

fxcarllos
28th July 2010, 07:08 PM
Thankx Geek

Its really a nice software. Thank you a lot.

1. Unless you change it using the API settings manager menu, a single instance of The Toy will use a maximum of 15 weighted calls per second irrespective of the markets open. { Do not run 2 versions of The Toy. }

2. With no market open The Toy makes no weighted calls, so this should be OK.

ChannerUK1976
8th April 2011, 04:26 PM
I have been charged a Data Request Charge for over 20 per sec 06/04/11, for 17.03

I had one instance of the the software running, as always. Any idea why I have been charged?
I dont wanna use something that's gonna incur me unexpected charges..

Paolo
11th April 2011, 10:44 PM
What happens if I will open 10 markets?
Settings:
Bets 250 - 3
Prices 200 - 3

10 markets * 5 refreshes for second = total 50 refreshes for second.
Am I right?

Indeed. You should not be charged using a single installation of TT.

How many markets can I open with default settings?
Thanks advance.

Did you have anything else running at the time? Or did you have 2 versions of TT running?

If not, you shouldn't have been charged as TT by default throttles you to 15 calls per second. May be worth emailing bdp & asking them for a breakdown.

Anyway, from the Main Info Bar Menu, select API Settings Manager. A Window will open.

From the API Settings Manager Menu, select Max Weighted Calls Per Second & set it as required.

When I open Geeks and browser(Firefox) it will be like 2 programm for refresh?
Can I use browser and programm at the same time?

jibiko
12th April 2011, 10:19 PM
Settings:
Bets 250 - 3
Prices 200 - 3

What you are describing is default settings, right?
If so, I have used (in default):

- up till 12 markets simultaneously,
- betfair site in firefox
- 2 AGT PRO (one working, one idle)

with no charges, for a long period of time.

If you wanna be 100% sure, wait for TG's confirmation about it.